Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Broadband - Watch out

Options
  • 24-11-2008 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I applied for an account with Imagine Broadband over the summer. Part of the application involved giving your bank account details. However when I applied they were unable to provide broadband to our house as they did not have coverage in my area. Even though they couldn't setup an account, they still started taking money out of my account and are billing me on a monthly basis. This has been going on for several months now.

I only recently noticed this as the address they took on the invoice is incorrect and it was by luck I got an invoice in the post.

When I rang their customer support on Saturday I got through to one of their agents quite quickly. However when I explained my situation she put me on hold and left me on hold for a very long time, she did not come back to me. Imagine That!

I'd be very careful in giving your bank details to Imagine (you have to do so a the start of the application process). Has anyone else had this experience?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you want to get on to com reg and get your money back

Also contact your bank and cancel the DD.

Did you not notice money going out of your bank account before now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

That doesn't surprise me with Imagine.

I had a similar experience when changing from BT to Imagaine. At one point, and for about 2 months, I was paying both companies!

Both were as useless as eachother and neither admitted wrongdoing. Just the usual waffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

something similar happened to me, i moved house and to an area that had no coverage and tried to cancel the service. Basically after getting the run around i cancelled the dd then rang them back telling them that the modem is sitting outside my gaff if they want it back. they were not long sorting it out.

Cancel everything and tell them the modem is sitting outside your house with a sign that says "free modem here" on it. They will sort it out quick smart.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When you say you gave your bank details do you mean to say that you signed up for a direct debit? Otherwise I wonder how they would be gaining access to your account?

Contact your bank immediately and ask them if there is a direct debit on the account in the name of Imagine. If there is instruct the bank to cancel it immediately. Dont take No for an answer - under the direct debit scheme you cancel a direct debit via your bank. You should then give your bank a written statement as to Imagine's behaviour and ask them for a reversal of all monies taken from your account so far.

Write to Imagine - yes an old fashioned letter type thing - and tell them what you have done - in case they pursue you later you will have a hard copy record - tell them in the letter that you are considering reporting them for theft to the gardai.

Do everyone a favour and report them to ipso - www.ipso.ie - they are in charge of electronic payments in Ireland - they are a useless shower but they cannot stand over behaviour like this and also report Imagine to Comreg.

First step is a visit to your bank.

For anyone who doesnt know already details of the direct debit scheme are also availabe at www.ispo.ie. It is appalling that with so many people being pushed on to direct debits there is no proper complaints scheme available to the bill payer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

dub45 wrote: »
    When you say you gave your bank details do you mean to say that you signed up for a direct debit? Otherwise I wonder how they would be gaining access to your account?

Contact your bank immediately and ask them if there is a direct debit on the account in the name of Imagine. If there is instruct the bank to cancel it immediately. Dont take No for an answer - under the direct debit scheme you cancel a direct debit via your bank. You should then give your bank a written statement as to Imagine's behaviour and ask them for a reversal of all monies taken from your account so far.

Write to Imagine - yes an old fashioned letter type thing - and tell them what you have done - in case they pursue you later you will have a hard copy record - tell them in the letter that you are considering reporting them for theft to the gardai.

Do everyone a favour and report them to ipso - www.ipso.ie - they are in charge of electronic payments in Ireland - they are a useless shower but they cannot stand over behaviour like this and also report Imagine to Comreg.

First step is a visit to your bank.

For anyone who doesnt know already details of the direct debit scheme are also availabe at www.ispo.ie. It is appalling that with so many people being pushed on to direct debits there is no proper complaints scheme available to the bill payer.

Bit of a typo there, I think - second link should read http://www.ipso.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

MOH wrote: »
    Bit of a typo there, I think - second link should read http://www.ipso.ie

Yes thanks for that my fingers tremble with anger you see whenever their name comes up!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Silver Bullet

I would like to warn off all potential users of imagine broadband/ wifi whatever shape or form you might be considering using them for. They are quite possibly the worst so called company i have ever had the misfortune to use. Do not give them anything especally your bank account details! They do not care about you the customer all they care about is the amount of money they can extract from you. The customer is always wrong when it comes to Imagine. Ireland is such a small country we simply cannot afford to do business with a shower of ****ehawks like Imagine. You have been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement