Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even Pirates are cutting prices

Options
  • 24-11-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

Somali pirates who pulled off the largest hijacking in maritime history have reduced their ransom for a Saudi supertanker to £10 million.

The Sirius Star - which has £67 million worth of oil on board and 25 crew members from Britain, Poland, Croatia, Saudi Arabia and the Philippines - was captured on November 15.

The gang had originally been quoted as wanting £17 million to release the tanker, which was captured far from Somali waters about 450 nautical miles southeast of Kenya.

But Islamist spokesman Abdirahim Isse Adow, whose men are in the Haradheere area where the ship is being held offshore, said the demand went down. "Middlemen have given a $15 million ransom figure for the Saudi ship. That is the issue now," he said.

I can see it going to....
    "Ok fook the £10m just give us a couple of plasma tv's and we'll call it quits...."
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

More so:

"what has happened to Declan?"

"I dont know, I dont know, I think he was the Divvil"

Linkage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYk6vDM3qM

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Pirates plunder pump
    Petrol prices plummet
    Profiteers panic

*I know, lame! B!ue hangs head and shuffles off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Celticfire wrote: »
    I can see it going to....
    "Ok fook the £10m just give us a couple of plasma tv's and we'll call it quits...."
    Payable by Western Union?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I bet they'll eventually haggle it down to the Oil Tanker and the first 3 seasons of 24 for under a tenner. Bloody pirates ;)*

*supposed to be pirate with eye patch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Pirates!!!

Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Get 'em on The Late Late and they can walk the plank.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Get 'em on The Late Late and they can walk the plank.:pac:

Walk the plank!
    Get them on the Late Late and they can shoot the plank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Oshare Bones

They should show the pirates "Colm & Jim Jims Home Run" repeatedly on giant tv screens. Eventually they will crack and all commit suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Pirates plunder pump
    Petrol prices plummet
    Profiteers panic

*I know, lame! B!ue hangs head and shuffles off...

Oh dear...And you were so close to a haiku! aw

Advertisement