Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The State subsidises drug dealers/criminals to the tune of €100 million a year ...

• 24-11-2008 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

... or so says the Sligo IT economics lecturer on Matt Cooper now (missed his name). The €100 million is made up of dole payments, legal aid, etc, made to these scumbags.

So we give the criminals €100 million and at the same time cancel the cervical cancer vaccine.

Something has gone very very seriously wrong with this country.

edit .... lecturers name is Feilim O'Rourke
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

If a Sligo IT lecturer said it it must be true read off the back of a cornflakes box in a prefab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    ... or so says the Sligo IT economics lecturer on Matt Cooper now (I missed his name). The €100 million is made up of dole payments, legal aid, etc, made to these scumbags.

So we give the criminals €100 million and at the same time cancel the cervical cancer vaccine.

Something has gone very very seriously wrong with this country.

well in fairness, its not as black and white as that. more a case of scumbags taking advantage of programs set up to help the less well off.... blah blah etc.
    good rant though gandalf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

longshanks wrote: »
    well in fairness, its not as black and white as that. more a case of scumbags taking advantage of programs set up to help the less well off.... blah blah etc.
    good rant though gandalf

If you think thats a rant you must have a very sheltered life ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

... or so says the Sligo IT economics lecturer on Matt Cooper now (missed his name).

or so says the Sligo IT economics lecturer
    Sligo IT economics lecturer
    Sligo IT

yeah, i stopped reading there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

If you think thats a rant you must have a very sheltered life ;)

etremely sheltered..
    your point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ah yeah - there's a special criminal drug-dealing scumbag form you fill out in the Dole Office these days and they transfer the 100 million straight into your account by that lunch time.

It's great when you've got a bit of child-murdering to do later on but need to buy some crack heroin first and can't afford the bus fare.

longshanks wrote: »
    etremely sheltered..
    your point?

Extremely sheltered indeed :D

I'm fairly sure my point would be lost on one with such a finely tuned ability to seek out (and feel such an overwhelming need to reply to) what you see as "rants" on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

... or so says the Sligo IT economics lecturer on Matt Cooper now (missed his name). The €100 million is made up of dole payments, legal aid, etc, made to these scumbags.

Shocking waste. 100 million quid a year pumped into the industry, and the quality of the drugs are still shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Ban them all. No dole for anyone. execution for all the scum who know someone who takes drugs and doesn't rat them out for torture.

Why can't people just do what they're told! Bertie knows best, that's why god appointed him as our moral gaurdian.

But seriously, I wish people could just be rational and open minded and start a "drug discussion" forum to clear ah of all this stuff.

wait... bad idea. there'd be more pigs lurking in there than at the farmers market on a sunday :D!

Off Topic I know but:

Are there really 22 other boards users that chose the username 'Gandalf'? Are you the 23rd person to pick that name Gandalf23 or are you just 23 years old?

I didn't honestly think people picked Gandalf as a real username except in internet pisstake videos.

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Off Topic I know but:

Are there really 22 other boards users that chose the username 'Gandalf'? Are you the 23rd person to pick that name Gandalf23 or are you just 23 years old?

I didn't honestly think people picked Gandalf as a real username except in internet pisstake videos.

I wish I was 23!!!!

I'm just not that creative with names I guess.

I have been meaning to subscribe and change my username for a few months now ... must move that up a few levels on my to-do list :D:D:D ... I'll try to be more creative next time ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

vinylmesh wrote: »

wait... bad idea. there'd be more pigs lurking in there than at the farmers market on a sunday :D!

Cleary theres plenty of idiots to start an idiot forum though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Stekelly wrote: »

You've posted in it.

€100 million for a social welfare system & justice... even if it's abused, it's a small price to pay.

Karoma wrote: »
    €100 million for a social welfare system & justice... even if it's abused, it's a small price to pay.

I think the point being made was that some of these people dont need free legal aid and dole.

You have to admit there is something wrong with an accused drug dealer driving a €100+ grand car and getting free legal aid, while also being on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think the point being made was that some of these people dont need free legal aid and dole.

And the point should be that the crime is the issue, not the social welfare budget. If you go to prison, you can't sign on, can you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

I wish I was 23!!!!

Well trust us all on this one kiddo, in five more years (when you actually ARE 23) you won't.

Stekelly wrote: »

Where can I find this Idiot forum you speak of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Wait wait wait................Sligo has an IT? hahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The subject of my quote shold be abole to point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Off Topic I know but:

[borat]high five[/borat]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You guys sure are lucky that the mod of the sligo it forum doesn't mod after hours too. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58015756&postcount=14

You guys sure are lucky that the mod of the sligo it forum doesn't mod after hours too. :pac:

stabs cuhion with patented e-blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Please, everyone knows that Sligo IT is just made up to scare kids into doing well in the LC.

"Study hard young Cheese, or it's to Sligo IT with you,"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It's good to see the facts are being well represented at that venerable academic institution.

your ma was well represented at that acedemic institution

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Wait wait wait................Sligo has an IT? hahahahahaha

........................................................and Cork is a Republic
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhh
    hhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhhhhhhhhh
    A Principality of the Parochial more like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

shock horror

Advertisement