Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Megane, Back lights gone

Options
  • 24-11-2008 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Anyone else had this.

2004 Megane. No back lights, no front parking lights and the centre dash bulb is gone. We have gone through every fuse in both the glove box fuse panel and the bigger fuse panel under the bonnet. All the fuses are fine.

So in the mean time I am driving around with the rear fog light as the only way of lightng up the back and driving a lot of other motorists mad into the bargain.

Is it time for the dreaded main dealer ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Didnt see 2004 mention.

Figured it was a 98-00 which are riddled with electrical issues.

Good old Renault. At least they are consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

KStaford wrote: »
    So in the mean time I am driving around with the rear fog light as the only way of lightng up the back and driving a lot of other motorists mad into the bargain.

Is it time for the dreaded main dealer?

no, sure it's fine to leave it as it is - wait until June and it'll be bright enough that you won't need your lights on.

:eek:

Why are you wasting time asking on the internet if you should get your damn lights fixed when you're driving around with only your rear fog light on (sounds singular, by the way you describe it) endangering yourself and any other road user you come across?

I'm sure some idiot will berate me for being on my high horse, but I just don't understand this mentality. If your light aren't working, your car is not fit to dive in the dark - end of story. You therefore don't drive it in the dark (even with fog light/xmas lights/2 torches hanging out the back of it). You get it fixed ASAP, and if you can't fix it yourself, then you bring it to someone who can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

OP you'll have a much better chance of getting helpful advice at
    www.renaultforums.co.uk

Your problem may be something like a bad earth connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

phutyle wrote: »
    no, sure it's fine to leave it as it is - wait until June and it'll be bright enough that you won't need your lights on.

:eek:

Why are you wasting time asking on the internet if you should get your damn lights fixed when you're driving around with only your rear fog light on (sounds singular, by the way you describe it) endangering yourself and any other road user you come across?

I'm sure some idiot will berate me for being on my high horse, but I just don't understand this mentality. If your light aren't working, your car is not fit to dive in the dark - end of story. You therefore don't drive it in the dark (even with fog light/xmas lights/2 torches hanging out the back of it). You get it fixed ASAP, and if you can't fix it yourself, then you bring it to someone who can.

I first noticed th eproblem driving from Galway to Sligo on Friday night last after a jeep flashed me down. I stopped at a garage in Ballindine and asked for alocal mechanic (it was nearly 8pm at this stage). I was given directions to a local mech's house. I went there, knocked on the poor fellas door. He spent an hour with me trying to find the fault.

On monday, I contacted a Renault mechanic in Claremorris. I have the car booked in to him for this Thursday.

So, you arrogant phuk. I'm sorry for wasting your precious time by doing something crazy like asking for help on the internet. What a stupid thing to do eh? To think I might learn something aout my car and thus either solve the problem myself or at least be a bit better educated when facing a mechanic. Your response was so arrogant, self righteous and ignorant. Please get the hell out of my thread. People like you ruin the boards experience and your social contribution is a negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

BrianD3 wrote: »
    OP you'll have a much better chance of getting helpful advice at
    www.renaultforums.co.uk

Your problem may be something like a bad earth connection.

many thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement