Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I was very suprised at how much I enjoyed MGS4. Some cut scenes get a bit boring, but there are a few absolutely epic ones. My current obsession, a little belatedly, is Fallout 3.
    How do you find Fallout 3, does the strategic combat annoy you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,060 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just finished fallout and now am buying Gears 2 on Friday. Just aswell too - makes it much easier to not go drinking.

keep us posted on GoW2, tempted to make a purchase, first paycheck comes in on thursday.

My bro is getting it for xmas, happy days, cause I will get to play it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Cruijff wrote: »
    How do you find Fallout 3, does the strategic combat annoy you?

No, I love the VATS system. Never get tired of seeing heads explode :D

Besides, you don't have to use it if you don't like it.

Great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Jesus H Christ, what a bad day, stressed out to the max. Thank god I'm finished and there's CL on tonight. There is this hotty in the library, and she looked over and smiled at me earlier, so I was like boo ya, then 10 seconds later this ugly like 5 foot 9 bearded monster came up and started kissing her. What a waste....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah

Don't. Dis. The. Beards.

:mad::mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Des wrote: »
    Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah Woah woah

Don't. Dis. The. Beards.

:mad::mad:
    That would explain the King Randor avatar.

That's not King Randor tbh.

No, there's nothing wrong with beards, it was this guys particular beard that increased him into the realm of monstrosity.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

No? Oh right - who is it?

• Advertisement

No? Oh right - who is it?

What age are you?

If you guess the correct character before I have to tell you, I'll give you a prize.

You have 20 minutes, then I'm leaving.

Des wrote: »
    What age are you?

If you guess the correct character before I have to tell you, I'll give you a prize.

You have 20 minutes, then I'm leaving.

hint: he flew through the galaxy, fighting evil forces, bringing peace and justice to all!

Can I guess?

Can I guess?

The prize is only open to the eskimo.

I am too old, thats how I know. :(

Show rocked though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I am too old, thats how I know. :(

Show rocked though :)

Shut it Gramps

Frisbee wrote: »
    Shut it Gramps
    Oi Laura , I am not that old, I am still young enough to kick your......

DAMN

Cant beat up wimmin folk.

Oi Laura , I am not that old, I am still young enough to kick your......

DAMN

Cant beat up wimmin folk.

Check and Mate

What a day. I just signed a contract to extend my probabtion (meant to end today) until May. Which is fair enough, but Jesus I'm getting sick of this stress and hassle!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

What a day. I just signed a contract to extend my probabtion (meant to end today) until May. Which is fair enough, but Jesus I'm getting sick of this stress and hassle!

Congrats.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Congrats.

Yea congrats are in order cos Im not fired!! Thats that off my mind till may. But itll make the wait for results an absolute b1tch!

Yea congrats are in order cos Im not fired!! Thats that off my mind till may. But itll make the wait for results an absolute b1tch!

What is it you do if you don't mind me asking?

What is it you do if you don't mind me asking?

Click on my name and view profile, that's an accurate enough description of accountancy!

Click on my name and view profile, that's an accurate enough description of accountancy!

I'm gonna go with milk man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I cant possibly call u Laura. I'll call u Mary r sumtin! We'll say its your middle name. :pac:

Anyone here done a skydive before? Im gonna do one in Feb/March for charity.

Evening all.

Congrats Neil on the contract. Even if it is still probation per se, in these **** times, a job's a job, and it will keep you in beers.

eZe I know just how you feel re that girl in the library. The amount of Mongs that I saw in UCD with birds way out of their league was soul destroying.

The amount of Mongs that I saw in UCD with birds way out of their league was soul destroying.

It hasn't changed then so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Evening all.

Congrats Neil on the contract. Even if it is still probation per se, in these **** times, a job's a job, and it will keep you in beers.

eZe I know just how you feel re that girl in the library. The amount of Mongs that I saw in UCD with birds way out of their league was soul destroying.

You must have had a cracker so.:pac:

You must have had a cracker so.:pac:

I think myself and your da would agree that's a very generous description of her.

ZINNG!!

I just shaved of my Mo-stache and most my beard, my face feels naked.

• Advertisement

I think myself and your da would agree that's a very generous description of her.

Well played

I'm gonna go with milk man?

That would be wrong!

That would be wrong!

Doctor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Doctor?
    Do you not see what Neil mods, he is obviously a ninja! Duh! :pac:

I answered in my original post tbh! I'm trainin as a ninja accountant!

Some girls eh, they are just blind... :pac:

Just got an email, regarding studying at any of the 8 universities in California for a year, would only have to pay the U.C.C registration rate (about 1000 euro) iswell. It'll be there for both 3rd and 4th year. Think it'd be good? The fact you don't have to pay like 35,000 for a full years education in Cali is pretty attractive, but also, my whole plan was to stay here until I graduate, and then go to England/ America.

• Advertisement

I answered in my original post tbh! I'm trainin as a ninja accountant!

Your not cool enough to be a ninja...

eZe^ wrote: »

Just got an email, regarding studying at any of the 8 universities in California for a year, would only have to pay the U.C.C registration rate (about 1000 euro) iswell. It'll be there for both 3rd and 4th year. Think it'd be good? The fact you don't have to pay like 35,000 for a full years education in Cali is pretty attractive, but also, my whole plan was to stay here until I graduate, and then go to England/ America.

Get the f*ck over there.

And why in gods name would you want to go to England?

Get the f*ck over there.

And why in gods name would you want to go to England?

+1 Cheech

if i were you id seriously consider that..sounds a great oppertunity!

PhD in Oxford/ Cambridge/ Imperial/ Leeds are all quite good. There's one of the best research institutes in Europe in a particular field (don't bother making the culchie joke here) about 20 minutes from my house here, but I really want to step outside my comfort zone once I graduate.

Cali would be sweet, Berkeley or UCLA? As Seth says in superbad 'At the college I'm going the girls are half as smart, thus twice as likely to fellate me.' :D

• Advertisement

PhD in Oxford/ Cambridge/ Imperial/ Leeds are all quite good. There's one of the best research institutes in Europe in a particular field (don't bother making the culchie joke here) about 20 minutes from my house here, but I really want to step outside my comfort zone once I graduate.

Cali would be sweet, Berkeley or UCLA? As Seth says in superbad 'At the college I'm going the girls are half as smart, thus twice as likely to fellate me.' :D
    Cali a million times over Cheech, good weather, cool state, hotties everywhere, lots of beer, where the hell could you possibly go wrong!

DO IT DO IT

where the hell could you possibly go wrong!

Famous last words :D

eve^ What are age are you? Will drinking be a problem?

Seriously mate, you would be mad not to go for that. It's the one aspect of my education that I regret/look on at others with envy. It will be the making of ya.

Apart from all that though, employers cream themselves over people who have broadened their horizons in this respect.

I really can't see any negatives with it.

Oh yeah, btw, we will be expecting you to put us all up when we go for an OTT roadtrip to Vegas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ohh I never knew Neil did martial arts? What did you do?

I study Tai Chi Chuan and Wushu. :)

GuanYin wrote: »
    Ohh I never knew Neil did martial arts? What did you do?

I study Tai Chi Chuan and Wushu. :)

Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight

A G
    A G R
    A G R O
    AGRO

Neil is a Cage Fighter!

I've studied the deadly art of roshambo myself.

eve^ What are age are you? Will drinking be a problem?

I'm 19, but I'll be 20 in 3rd year or 21 if I choose to go in 4th year, so that's not the biggest deal really.
    Seriously mate, you would be mad not to go for that. It's the one aspect of my education that I regret/look on at others with envy. It will be the making of ya.

Apart from all that though, employers cream themselves over people who have broadened their horizons in this respect.

I really can't see any negatives with it.

Oh yeah, btw, we will be expecting you to put us all up when we go for an OTT roadtrip to Vegas.

Ya man, cheers for the advice, it might help to build contacts with some lecturers over there too if I decide to apply there for a PhD or whatever. I can go in either 3rd or 4th year too, so I'll have time to let it mull over.

I'm 19, but I'll be 20 in 3rd year or 21 if I choose to go in 4th year, so that's not the biggest deal really.

Ya probably wouldn't be the biggest deal.

Also probably not the best thing to be considering when your making a decision regarding your education.

Also all the other students would probably be about the same age and in the same position.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement