Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Any idea why alot of Irish connections have seemed alot weaker after like 5 months ago. I tried ringing Eircom about it but they assured me nothing was wrong but I know what I was pinging & u/l , d/l before & it is a fairly chunky difference !

Have a gander in the Broadband forum, there are massive threads in relation to this. Eircom fcuked up big style when they upgraded people's speed.

Anyway lads, lets kick Saturday off with some epic choooons. I know most round here are Eminem appreciators, so yis will probably like this. It's an epic tune from his 1996 Album Infinite. I only heard it a couple of weeks ago, and tbh, it's as good as some of his best stuff IMO.

That's some serioulsy good production considering it was pre-Dre and made on an absolute shoestring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lets kick Saturday off

:eek:

Saturday "kicked off" six damn hours ago, you absolute cnut.

Also, you are being even more cnutish by putting up 'tube vids, knowing full well I can neither watch or listen to them in work.

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Morning ladies.
    Mate wants me to go to some girls birthday with him tonight. I know her but really not bothered and I'd be 90% sure all of her friends are tossers.
    Instead gonna go to my other mates house, recline in his ridiculously comfortable leather couch and watch the football with a few beers.

Falcons @ Cardinals
    Colts @ Chargers

Second game will be a dinger

Des wrote: »
    :eek:

Saturday "kicked off" six damn hours ago, you absolute cnut.

Also, you are being even more cnutish by putting up 'tube vids, knowing full well I can neither watch or listen to them in work.

:mad::mad:

Saturday kicks off when I roll out of the scratcher, end off.

Is there any form of media streaming you can view/listen to. I'll have a root around for ya to see if I can dig it up elsewhere, as I think you'll like it.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Morning ladies.
    Mate wants me to go to some girls birthday with him tonight. I know her but really not bothered and I'd be 90% sure all of her friends are tossers.
    Instead gonna go to my other mates house, recline in his ridiculously comfortable leather couch and watch the football with a few beers.

Falcons @ Cardinals
    Colts @ Chargers

Second game will be a dinger

I love the NFL season this time of year.

Sounds like you're making the right choice Laura. Nothing worse then going somewhere you know will be sh/t, and then thinking to yourself when you get there 'you fcuking mong, you knew this would be cack'.

Also, steller work on organizing the game. Like I said, still not sure if i'll be able to make it on the day, but if I can, i'll be there with Betty and Al cheering yis on.

Has Neil been around lately?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I've started watching some NFL. So far it's a drinking man's game. 5 seconds of action followed by about 2/3 mins of drinking and chattin with your mates.

• Advertisement

I've started watching some NFL. So far it's a drinking man's game. 5 seconds of action followed by about 2/3 mins of drinking and chattin with your mates.

Once you get a good grip of the rules though, you don't really notice those gaps, and you begin to appreciate each play.

Has Neil been around lately?

Don't think so. PM'd him about the game to ask if he wanted to play but haven't heard anything back from him.
    Once you get a good grip of the rules though, you don't really notice those gaps, and you begin to appreciate each play.

+1, quality game when you get the hang of it

Don't think he has been on here since the 29th, which would be unusual for himself. Hope everything is alright with him.

Don't think he has been on here since the 29th, which would be unusual for himself. Hope everything is alright with him.

Aye, I reckon it's just because he's not in work.. :pac:

Aye, I reckon it's just because he's not in work.. :pac:

Laura is probably right.

I'll text him to let him know you care Charles.

• Advertisement

Laura is probably right.

I'll text him to let him know you care Charles.

I have his number alright, but don't want to bother him just in case it is something bad.

I have his number alright, but don't want to bother him just in case it is something bad.

Ah yes.

I got a new phone, and all my contacts from the last year have disappeared, it's really weird.

Any number I stored in my old phone have just disappeared.

Fair point. I decided to sit down and study it and pick up some of the rules. I get the general gist of it but still have learn about what player is what position etc - for me it's "linebacker - wtf is a linebacker?"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Afternoon all.

Story bud.

Story bud.

Did you move do the dark side yet (finglas)..?

I am in bad shape,did not get into bed on till 04:30 and the kids had me up at about 11.I was meant to be taken them swimming but I managed to put that off on till tomorrow,I would not be able for a pool today.

I got a new phone, and all my contacts from the last year have disappeared, it's really weird.

Any number I stored in my old phone have just disappeared.

So your text trollin days are over?

Dub13 wrote: »
    Afternoon all.

5.gif

Did you move do the dark side yet (finglas)..?
    First weekend in Feb :)
    I am in bad shape,did not get into bed on till 04:30 and the kids had me up at about 11.I was meant to be taken them swimming but I managed to put that off on till tomorrow,I would not be able for a pool today.
    Which pool?

Not Northside I hope?
    So your text trollin days are over?
    Nah, I'll use that 02 sync thing, the old phone is in me aulwan's gaf.

Not Northside I hope?

Never went there, but I always imagined that if I did, I would see a dirty nappy floating.

CRC FTW.

• Advertisement

Nah, I'll use that 02 sync thing, the old phone is in me aulwan's gaf.

Cunning troll

Cunting troll

FYP

Which pool?

Not Northside I hope?

LOL...not a chance,I have not been in there since my primary school days I would would say it has not changed one but.I am a member of Sportslink on the Airport road its a great spot.700 euro for a family membership.

LOL...not a chance,I have not been in there since my primary school days I would would say it has not changed one but.I am a member of Sportslink on the Airport road its a great spot.700 euro for a family membership.

Is that the ALSAA?

Is that the ALSAA?

No its very close to ALSAA,its kind of hidden from the main road.Much better than ALSAA.

Is that the ALSAA?

He clearly said Sportslink

:rolleyes:

No its very close to ALSAA,its kind of hidden from the main road.Much better than ALSAA.

Ah right.
    ALSAA - Worst, most painful, coldest astro in Dublin. Fact

I've only just discovered that Penelope Cruz has a younger hotter sister.

penelope-monica-cruz-fashion-ibiza-spain-716-1.jpg

Where has she been hiding all this time!!!

He clearly said Sportslink

:rolleyes:

Well I wasnt sure if it had two names.

Jeez

• Advertisement

Well I wasnt sure if it had two names.

Jeez

Ignore Des. He's just sucking lemons because he's in work, whilst he knows the rest of us are plonked on the couch at home, watching Jeff and the boys, with unrestricted access to the 'Tube.

Why do people ring me when they have a screaming fúcking child in the background.

Then have a go at ME because they can't hear me.

Fúcking idiots.

and lol.

Just speaking to some bint in the 'mun, had to ask her if she had the instruction manual for the new laptop.

"It never came with one". :rolleyes:

Suuuure it didn't.

Try in the house it was nicked from.

Ignore Des. He's just sucking lemons because he's in work, whilst he knows the rest of us are plonked on the couch at home, watching Jeff and the boys, with unrestricted access to the 'Tube.
    I'm in work too ya shower of knackbags.

Fortunately I have full access to the 'Tube.

DES - I could have written every word of that post about people calling with screaming kids and stuff. Me and you have to get out of our call centres.

DES - I could have written every word of that post about people calling with screaming kids and stuff. Me and you have to get out of our call centres.

It's my new years resolution.

I'm in work too ya shower of knackbags.

laugh.gif
    Fortunately I have full access to the 'Tube.

Of the red variety? 3.gif

I hate screaming children.
    Some woman came into work on Xmas Eve with three kids, one of which was in a buggy.
    Now anyone who has ever been in an offo on Xmas eve will appreciate how busy it is. She parks the buggy with screaming child in the middle of the floor, blocking everyone, then proceeds to browse for 15 minutes.
    Fair enough if she wants to buy something, but could she not appreciate she was inconveniencing everyone else?
    Stupid women...

• Advertisement

I just found a box of 32 of these in the back cupboard.

Tunnocks_tea_cakes.jpg

The mammy must have gotten them in for Xmas and forgotten all about them. YOINK!

This Saturday just gets better and better.

Bring one over to me would you.

I fecking love tea cakes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I work in a call centre, luckily its very rare I have to listen to screaming kids in background though. But naturally, people are still idiots

They go nicely with...tea.

How do you lot drink yer tea?

Me?

Black, no sugar.

NEVER, EVER squeeze the teabag if making a single cup, it releases chemicals called tannins that make the tea bitter.

NEVER, EVER give me that Barry's shíte.

I much prefer making a pot of tea, even if I only fancy one cup. But then again. One cup of tea is never enough.

The best dipping biscuits are Hob Nobs. I also adore Chocolate Rich Tea.

• Advertisement

Lyons
    No sugar.
    Tiny bit of milk, although the parents have been away the last week and there was no milk in the house so I've been drinking it black.

Once you go black, you never go back. :p

I went black because I used to work in an office that only ever got Avonmore milk. I can't stand the stuff.

I LOVE a cold pint of Premier Dairies Blue milk.

Bring one over to me would you.

No. I'm a harsh/greedy bastid.

As do I. I presently have about 30 of them staring me in the face.
    They go nicely with...tea.

How do you lot drink yer tea?

Me?

Black, no sugar.

NEVER, EVER squeeze the teabag if making a single cup, it releases chemicals called tannins that make the tea bitter.

NEVER, EVER give me that Barry's shíte.

I much prefer making a pot of tea, even if I only fancy one cup. But then again. One cup of tea is never enough.

The best dipping biscuits are Hob Nobs. I also adore Chocolate Rich Tea.

Don't drink tea. Never have, never will. Same goes for Coffee.

Canny beat a good Hot Chocolate though.
    Lyons
    I've been drinking it black.

Question is, will you go back? EDIT: Des beat me to it. 1.gif

Don't drink tea. Never have, never will. Same goes for Coffee.
    Yeah, I hate coffee too.

Makes me yak
    Canny beat a good Hot Chocolate though.

Agreed.

Have you tried the Green and Blacks one?

De-fookin-lish.

Of the red variety? 3.gif
    Any variety I want depending on how much I would like to keep my job. Which fluctuates between barely and kind of.

Squeezing teabags is an act of the devil. Idiots think it's makes it stronger likes its an orange your squeezing for juice. Cretins.

Any1 see Barney's 9 darter last night?

Quality !

Agreed.

Have you tried the Green and Blacks one?

De-fookin-lish.

Maybe ya deserve a Tea Cake after all. /attempts to lob one over Dublin bay.

Tis nice alright. Quite partial to white hot chocolate. Insomnia and starbucks do a feckin delish one. Liquid gold the stuff is.

Quality !

What were the shots?

trips, trips, trips
    trips, trips, trips
    trips, trips19, d12

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

What were the shots?

trips, trips, trips
    trips, trips, trips
    trips, trips19, d12

?

EDIT: just realised you cant view the vid, but yes it was:

trips, trips, trips
    trips, trips, trips
    trips, trips19, D12

only ever got Avonmore milk. I can't stand the stuff.

I LOVE a cold pint of Premier Dairies Blue milk.

Classic. I'm the exact same. Only PD will do. My family/friends make out that there is no different in taste, but Avenmore has a very 'plastic' taste off it, if that makes sense.

Quality !

Aye. Great stuff indeed. Not a big darts man myself, but it's hard not to get cauht up in the world championship.

Sorry Des about the 'tubage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement