Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

bohsman wrote: »
    Bought "life and times of the thunderbolt kid" last year, basically memoirs of his (brysons) childhood but done in a travel book kind of way, great read.

Its on my 'to do' list.

I always taught brysons should have done a travel book in his style on Ireland.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Read Bryson's Australia book after coming home from my year there. Was brilliant reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Dub13 wrote: »
    Its on my 'to do' list.

I always taught brysons should have done a travel book in his style on Ireland.

Let me know if we're likely to be playing poker/football in the same place and you can have a lend of my copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

bohsman wrote: »
    Let me know if we're likely to be playing poker/football in the same place and you can have a lend of my copy.

I love the Ross O Carroll Kellys

Best book I've read recently was Bravo Two Zero. About Andy McNab and his SAS team getting captured in Iraq. Good read, dark humor is epic.

Andy McNab is deadly in general. i've read loads of his. just finished one actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ajeffares wrote: »
    I love the Ross O Carroll Kellys

heh, me too.

Ross O Carroll Kelly books are great cos theyre so easy to read u fly thru them in less than a day if u have the time!

Go on Des...its on a plate for ya!!

Ross O Carroll Kelly books are great cos theyre so easy to read u fly thru them in less than a day if u have the time!

Go on Des...its on a plate for ya!!

you bastard, I only saw the white text when I quoted you. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Des wrote: »
    you bastard, I only saw the white text when I quoted you. :D

Lol, nice one Neill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Evening lads.

Feelin rough as fook.

Something I ate today ain't sitting right. :(

• Advertisement

Evening lads.

Feelin rough as fook.

Something I ate today ain't sitting right. :(

you need to eat something to stimulate a bowel movement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

you need to eat something to stimulate a bowel movement

That's what I am afraid of tbh.

This time last year I had the winter vomiting/sh1ting bug. I never want to go through that again. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just back from training.

Physical was not fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mines tomorrow. We trained last week and played our senior team. Now we're back into it for real. Spinning for an hour:eek:

Aye I thinkhe was trying to work the Xmas out of us.
    For most people it was the food and booze. I'm still not 100% from being sick though.
    Gonna have to go for a jog tomo to loosen up, can already feel my muscles stiffening.

Big weekend coming up.

Cup on Saturday
    u21 Cup on Sunday

Mornin lads, stayed up too late again last nite. I'm actually allergic to going to bed at a reasonable hour. Very annoying.

Any craic in here?!

Any craic in here?!

No.

No.

Right so. Off to work I go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Feel so much better today, buts its still going to be a struggle to get going. So hard getting back into the mundane routine.

Feel so much better today, buts its still going to be a struggle to get going. So hard getting back into the mundane routine.

Alcoholism is the way forward. I amuse myself with constant emails to mates, the odd bitta boardsin (not as much anymore) and some facebookin.

Makes the day that little bit more tolerable.

One of the birds in here just got engaged, goin out with the lad a year. Jaysus. If my GF even said the words "marriage", "proposal" or "engagement" after a year together she'd get the boot!!

Don't care if she's talkin about the "proposal" form for her car insurance.......I'd be runnin god damn it!

• Advertisement

Alcoholism is the way forward. I amuse myself with constant emails to mates, the odd bitta boardsin (not as much anymore) and some facebookin.

Makes the day that little bit more tolerable.

I there will be alot of emails, boards, bebo, facebook, skysports, digg, bbc etc etc reading this week.
    One of the birds in here just got engaged, goin out with the lad a year. Jaysus. If my GF even said the words "marriage", "proposal" or "engagement" after a year together she'd get the boot!!

Don't care if she's talkin about the "proposal" form for her car insurance.......I'd be runnin god damn it!

First question I would have is have they lived together yet?

Morning all,

Just back from the gym again with no sign of me getting sick! I am improving haha!

Jesus a year Neil, that's a bit mad. My mrs's good mate moved in with some fella after 2 months and I thought that was a bit much. Marraige after a year = suicide.

Morning all,

Just back from the gym again with no sign of me getting sick! I am improving haha!

Jesus a year Neil, that's a bit mad. My mrs's good mate moved in with some fella after 2 months and I thought that was a bit much. Marraige after a year = suicide.

What about moving in together after just over a year.

What's the thoughts on that one?

:eek:

IMO moving in together would be fine once you have the ability to get out of the situation with little hassle. i.e if you break up you don't end up still living together for months.

The reason I mentioned living together as I think its crazy to marry someone without living with them first. The auld you never know someone tell you live with them thing.

*I know Des is moving in PFB so I'm guessing its only been a year for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I was as sick as a dog the past week, went to the gym today to get into the swing of things, after pull ups I felt like vomiting, was nauseous for the next twenty minutes too. Bad times.

How's the OT peeps? More active then over the festive period it seems!

Yea I think they moved in together a few months ago. Still tho, I dunno....just over a year.......hardly warrants pullin the plug! I am awful cynical though!

haha

That should be grand. You'd know her pretty well after that amount of time ;)

2 months though, rookie error tut tut

2 months though, rookie error tut tut

Aye, ya hate to see it.

Morning all

Frisbee wrote: »
    Aye, ya hate to see it.

Morning all

Morning Fris,
    Fair play with all the effort you're putting into the match mate, if you need a hand just send me a PM. I have load of time on my hands at the moment :o

• Advertisement

Morning Fris Laura,
    Fair play with all the effort you're putting into the match mate, if you need a hand just send me a PM. I have load of time on my hands at the moment :o
    fyp

Morning Fris,

Meh it's not much effort. It's just when people start moaning about where I'm organising it etc it pisses me off considering they haven't even tried to help out.

UCD has loads of public transport running straight through it, easy enough to find if your nearby (massive watertower) and I get a discount off the pitch.

And people are complaining I didn't organise it on the Northside. I mean it was gonna be organised on either the Northside or the Southside, so there was always gonna be someone moaning...

Who the fúck is whinging?

assholes tbh.

assholes tbh.

Some lad on the poker forum saying it's a joke it was organised on the southside.
    I graciously offered to let him organise the whole thing himself if it annoyed him so much and for some strange reason he hasn't posted back yet... :pac:

Some lad on the poker forum saying it's a joke it was organised on the southside.
    I graciously offered to let him organise the whole thing himself if it annoyed him so much and for some strange reason he hasn't posted back yet... :pac:
    What a prick.

I hope we hammer them poker fúckers now after that.

tossers the lot of them.

We should steal their pig before the game.

I HATE THE POKER FORUM

assholes tbh.

Agree with Desmond here.

• Advertisement

We should steal their pig before the game.

28217-ACslater.jpg

28217-ACslater.jpg

I can't see the picture.

Describe it to me.

I can see the url when I quote you, looks to be something to do with Saved By The Bell.

Remember Kelly?

I had my first tom to her.

And what became of of Jessie? That hussey went and became a stripper. After all her feminism, she did that. Shattered my world it did.

Damn I wanna play just so I can Alfie Haaland that moanbag. Jesus. Get the bus u muppet!!

I can't see the picture.

Describe it to me.

I can see the url when I quote you, looks to be something to do with Saved By The Bell.

Remember Kelly?

I had my first tom to her.

And what became of of Jessie? That hussey went and became a stripper. After all her feminism, she did that. Shattered my world it did.

hahaha you peeping Tom !

Kelly was fantastic. What was the name of that film that Jessie was in?

• Advertisement

Kelly was fantastic. What was the name of that film that Jessie was in?

Showgirls.

Kelly went on to Beverly Hills 90210 I think.

Damn I wanna play just so I can Alfie Haaland that moanbag. Jesus. Get the bus u muppet!!

Link to moaning

It was a pic of Slater, the Alpha Male of the group.

:D

Jessie was in Any Give Sunday aswell

Link to moaning

I was talking about the poker forum moaner. I dunno, Laura told us about it!

I was talking about the poker forum moaner. I dunno, Laura told us about it!

Ah right, I just thought you had seen it.

:mad::mad:

I want to kill that idiot.

KILL HIMMMMMM

Mob Mentality.

You gotta love it

Jessie was in Any Give Sunday aswell

I love that film and I cant remember who she is in that?

I love that film and I cant remember who she is in that?

The bird Pacino is riding.
    Your so close to seeing some of the goods....

Mob Mentality.

You gotta love it

mob shmob. I act alone!

The bird Pacino is riding.
    Your so close to seeing some of the goods....

Fúcking hell, that is her ! :)

/downloads Any Given Sunday

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement