Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ya probably wouldn't be the biggest deal.

Also probably not the best thing to be considering when your making a decision regarding your education.

Also all the other students would probably be about the same age and in the same position.

Plus, we all know about Americans, and their easy women, introducing alcohol would just be like shooting fish in a barrel. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ what are you doing in college?
    I know you've got maths and I think I remember programming?

Frisbee wrote: »
    eZe^ what are you doing in college?
    I know you've got maths and I think I remember programming?

2nd year Physics undergraduate!

eZe^ wrote: »

Wow. I take my hat off to you. You must be a brainbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

*shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

One of your homies?

news-graphics-2007-_441537a.jpg

Wow. I take my hat off to you. You must be a brainbox

Cheers brahhh!
    *shudder*

Different strokes for different folks I guess! hahaha, last year was fine really, very difficult at times, but I had no continuous assessment modules so I just studied my balls off the last month for exams. Now it's just very difficulty 100% of the time. :pac:

What are you doing Frisbee? IT? I'll pay you to do my C++ assignment.
    One of your homies?

news-graphics-2007-_441537a.jpg
    One of my best mates sister is the leader of some NASA project called GLAST, and she had dinner with Stevie up there, apparently he's funny. Obv not though.. :P

What are you doing Frisbee? IT? I'll pay you to do my C++ assignment.

Yeah at the moment I'm in limbo between 2nd and 3rd year in a Computer Science Degree :)

One of my best mates sister is the leader of some NASA project called GLAST, and she had dinner with Stevie up there, apparently he's funny. Obv not though.. :P

TBH, give me one of those kick ass voice boxes, and I would be a funny fcuker as well.

• Advertisement

Yeah at the moment I'm in limbo between 2nd and 3rd year in a Computer Science Degree :)

I'll stop calling you Laura if you do my C++ main assignment for me. Doesn't have to be handed up until after Christmas too. ;) Think about it Laura...

eZe^ wrote:
    Different strokes for different folks I guess! hahaha, last year was fine really, very difficult at times, but I had no continuous assessment modules so I just studied my balls off the last month for exams. Now it's just very difficulty 100% of the time.

Just hate physics, remember having to get grinds in it in leaving cert year, broke my heart tbh, passed it though.
    As you say different strokes, fair play to ya.

I'll stop calling you Laura if you do my C++ main assignment for me. Doesn't have to be handed up until after Christmas too. ;) Think about it Laura...

Sorry. I'm a Java man ;)

What are you doing now profession wise? I hated Irish, more than anything in the entire world ever......... EVER!
    Sorry. I'm a Java man ;)

You mean Java girl, Laura. :P

Nice.
    Whats your project like?
    And how do you have a C++ assignment when your doing physics?

What are you doing now profession wise? I hated Irish, more than anything in the entire world ever......... EVER!

Graduated in Information Systems Management in May, so IT is my field. Not working at the mo, got a second round interview coming up this week so hopefully Ill get my foot on the working ladder, touch wood.....

Never minded Irish really, actually did all of 6th class in an Irish speaking school.

• Advertisement

Nice.
    Whats your project like?
    And how do you have a C++ assignment when your doing physics?

C++ is very very handy for modelling experimental equations and doing mathematical algorithms, especially considering the library of mathematical objects on the internet already!

The project is on making a model of a blood tranfusion clinic, involving the time it would take a customer to get to the clinic, the time in the queue (which is then dependant on the amount of nurses working at each station, and how efficient each one is) and then the time actually getting their blood taken, and the time went leaving. It's difficult, especially considering we've only had about 16 hours of lectures on computer programming ever.

Anyway, less of the nerding. WIMMINS!

C++ is very very handy for modelling experimental equations and doing mathematical algorithms, especially considering the library of objects on the internet already means it's ideal!

The project is on making a model of a blood tranfusion clinic, involving the time it would take a customer to get to the clinic, the time in the queue (which is then dependant on the amount of nurses working at each station, and how efficient each one is) and then the time actually getting their blood taken, and the time went leaving. It's difficult, especially considering we've only had about 16 hours of lectures on computer programming ever.

Anyway, less of the nerding. WIMMINS!

Sounds hard alright!

Exactly we're all butch manly men here in the OT Thread!

lumberjack_bangormn-crp.jpg

Update on Santa Strike Force/Xbox OTT Donation

Just wanted to post up a bit more information, and update yis as to how things are panning out. Also, for anyone who is reading about this project for the first time, here is a link to what it is all about.

I was in touch with DeV today, and he thinks it's a great idea.

I think with SSF, usually the policy is to just donate money, or buy stuff off a specified list from Amazon. However, seeing as we have a particular item we want to donate, and one which Amazon doesn't deliver to Ireland, DeV has giving us the green light to source the Xbox and game from wherever, and have it shipped to an address he will be providing me with. This gives us great flexibility, as we can now source the best possible bundle. If anyone works in a games shop, or somewhere that does Xboxs, and reckons they could get us a good deal on one, then speak up, that would be a great help.

DeV has said that they usually start distributing the stuff in or around Dec. 21st, so ideally, I would like to have all the gear with him by Wed. the 18th at the latest.

As of 11.30 pm tonight, there has been €120 pledged, with 10 people pledging. As I said previously, I think we need to be aiming towards the €230 mark, so another 11 pledges would do it. I guess by the end of the weekend (30th) I should have a very clear idea as to how it is panning out. Obviously though, we welcome as many pledges as possible, as the money can be used to donate even further.

Any ideas, suggestions, and even criticism, is welcomed. The more feedback and contribution, the better.

Sounds good Charlie. I urge anyone who hasn't already pledged to do so now!
    It's a great cause and it's only a tenner!

Charlie, I'm willing to pay more if we're stuck.

Evenin lads, how are we all? I'm absolutely ken-ackered so hittin d hay now.

• Advertisement

Feeling good after a nervy, but in the end good session of tv watching..

Charlie is so dreamy with his caring for the less fortunate... :p

Charlie is so dreamy with his caring for the less fortunate... :p

And I'm the one being called a girls name...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Boardeaux won 4-2 tonight, Liverpool-esque it was.

It was 2-2 with two minutes to go.

Get in.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Des wrote: »

Get in.

good stuff, bout time we got some luck :D

Feeling good after a nervy, but in the end good session of tv watching..

I spent the evening staring at the TV but I was just not watchin what was on. I'm destroyed. The missus called up after a 12 hour shift and we were like a scene from Dawn of the Dead with the sleepy heads on us.

Missed the gym this evenin cos of d meeting with the boss meanin one less fitness session before Ive to step onto a mat and fight another oversized man in just over a week. Great.

Sure, we'll see how things play out. Obviously it would be a group decision, but I am not adversed to widening the appeal to Soccer in general, if needs be (But my preference would be to keep it within OTT, small steps and all that). But as I said previously, I will be reviewing things at the weekend when I should have a clear picture of how well we're getting on.

Get in.

Well in
    Missed the gym this evenin cos of d meeting with the boss meanin one less fitness session before Ive to step onto a mat and fight another oversized man in just over a week. Great.

How often do you go toe-to-toe with someone out of curiosity. I assume you have a long enough recuperation period after each fight?

Get in.

Excellent news Betty.
    The missus called up after a 12 hour shift and we were like a scene from Dawn of the Dead with the sleepy heads on us.

Careful how you phrase things, there are culchies among us.

How often do you go toe-to-toe with someone out of curiosity. I assume you have a long enough recuperation period after each fight?

I train all the time. Havent done any comps in ages though. Tbh I'm just enterin for the craic so that 2008 wont be a competition free year for me. ill liekly get my @ss handed to me but feck it, it'll be fun.

My mate fought twice in 3 weeks last month. It depends. U could fight twice in a weekend if u win without takin damage or u could not be able to move for a week after. It all depends on the damage u takee really. Sure Ive been out of trainin for weeks as a result of getting bashed in training!

• Advertisement

I train all the time. Havent done any comps in ages though. Tbh I'm just enterin for the craic so that 2008 wont be a competition free year for me. ill liekly get my @ss handed to me but feck it, it'll be fun.

My mate fought twice in 3 weeks last month. It depends. U could fight twice in a weekend if u win without takin damage or u could not be able to move for a week after. It all depends on the damage u takee really. Sure Ive been out of trainin for weeks as a result of getting bashed in training!

Yeah sorry I meant a proper fight over a training spar!
    How often would it happen though that you could fight without taking any damage? I'd say not very often unless your the best?
    (Not just for you, I mean in general)

Congrats Des.
    Careful how you phrase things, there are culchies among us.

Meh! Too tired! They can decipher my straange phrases whatever way they like!! :D

Yeah sorry I meant a proper fight over a training spar!
    How often would it happen though that you could fight without taking any damage? I'd say not very often unless your the best?
    (Not just for you, I mean in general)

Well every fights different really. I mean you could go out, get taken down and choked/armbarred/triangled etc and you would be fit to fight pretty much 5 seconds after tapping (unless u tap too late, then u got a few weeks in a cast if it was an armbar or you're wakin up wonderin where u were if its a choke/traingle) or u could go out, get KTFO and be gonzo for a month or two.

Ive never seen anything too serious tbh. Worst Ive seen was a 30 day medical suspension for a concussion suffered. The lad it happened to was grand after a day or two after the jaw healed up. Tbh its only bruises, if u dont value your purty face then you're laughin tbh! I havent fought pro MMA yet though, will be makin the ol debut next year, pprobably with a devastating defeat like most 1st timers!! The fight im takin is only amateur rules so no headshots - (hence why im not particularly bothered). I've built up a lot of experience from bein involved in camps/cornering with my training partners. As the fights get close training effectively turns to full contact, and Ive taken some beatings!!

Well every fights different really. I mean you could go out, get taken down and choked/armbarred/triangled etc and you would be fit to fight pretty much 5 seconds after tapping (unless u tap too late, then u got a few weeks in a cast if it was an armbar or you're wakin up wonderin where u were if its a choke/traingle) or u could go out, get KTFO and be gonzo for a month or two.

Ive never seen anything too serious tbh. Worst Ive seen was a 30 day medical suspension for a concussion suffered. The lad it happened to was grand after a day or two after the jaw healed up. Tbh its only bruises, if u dont value your purty face then you're laughin tbh! I havent fought pro MMA yet though, will be makin the ol debut next year, pprobably with a devastating defeat like most 1st timers!! The fight im takin is only amateur rules so no headshots - (hence why im not particularly bothered)

Sounds mighty interesting.
    You better let us know when your firstpro MMA fight is so we can all go and get sloshed while watching someone punch you! :D

You better let us know when your firstpro MMA fight is so we can all go and get sloshed while watching someone punch you! :D

I'm up for that.

Neil, do you have a nickname yet?

Can we make one up?

Neil "Posh Boy" Surname.

Neil "The Bruiser" Surname.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Evening folks.

Congrats Des.

Hahaha I wont even be inviting my closest friends/missus/family to that! I dont like people watchin me or supporting, never have. Ill post a video of me being stretchered out of the buiding and the events that led to it when I do it though.

I'm up for that.

Neil, do you have a nickname yet?

Can we make one up?

Neil "Posh Boy" Surname.

Neil "The Bruiser" Surname.

No, u wouldnt get one of those till ya fight, even at that i wouldnt want one, id fight tooth and nail to not have one, they;re all sh1t. Except for Jason "Dooms" Day, that's awesome!

Anyway after I get Ko'd it'd probably be Neil "Comatose" Surname (my surname is actually surname;))

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Evening folks.

Congrats Des.

Howaya. Loved the reply in the Award thread before it got deleted
    Hahaha I wont even be inviting my closest friends/missus/family to that! I dont like people watchin me or supporting, never have. Ill post a video of me being stretchered out of the buiding and the events that led to it when I do it though.

Awww come on, we'll even write your name on or bellies!

• Advertisement

Awww come on, we'll even write your name on or bellies!

Hahaha! :D Only if ya's come to the hospital and cheer on the doctor who's administering the smelling salts/fixing my broken face!!

Yore face is already broken

Hahaha! :D Only if ya's come to the hospital and cheer on the doctor who's administering the smelling salts/fixing my broken face!!

Done Deal.
    Used to work in A+E in Tallaght so if we bring you there might be able to get you through the system faster.

Yore face is already broken

This is true

Night lads.

Yeah, night lads.

• Advertisement

I've a little something to take care of before bed.

*lights pipe*

*waits*

Night

Xavi6 wrote: »

Already did it.
    Brave Move

Ah there's not a hope of me getting it to be fair.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement