Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Des wrote: »
    :D

look at this

flannerys.jpg

fúck me, that's funny.

I will have the one on the right first,then the one on the left and I will finish with the one in the center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah that looks pretty good I must say. Jaysus, it's been ages since I was at or played a game! I wonder how many faces I'd still know around Glenanne.

I'd say a fair few man, all the kind of figureheads are still there's from years past.
    O'Malleys, Brennans, Gouldings etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dub13 wrote: »
    I will have the one on the right first,then the one on the left and I will finish with the one in the center.

I really hope you're talking about in which order they'd get a batin with the hurl.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I really hope you're talking about in which order they'd get a batin with the hurl.

No that my choice,not a great deal on offer but you have to rank them.The wife is blond so thats why Mrs left does not come out on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Xavi6 wrote: »

Agreed, I'd rather eat a vomit omelette like Dave England in Jackass than do anything with those broads, and I'm from Cork, hurling should earn brownie points in my culchie eyes....

eZe^ wrote: »
    Agreed, I'd rather eat a vomit omelette like Dave England in Jackass than do anything with those broads, and I'm from Cork, hurling should earn brownie points in my culchie eyes....

As I said they are not great but you have to rank them....its in the rules.

*nods*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I could chin Michael O Leary.

Only in the door now. Up in 4 1/2 hrs for work. :mad:

Will reel off some Newky tales when I get in tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement

Morrning all.

Mornin dudes. Any craic? My sponsorship cards arrived this mornin for my skydive.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Morning all. Can't believe it's monday again. Got word over the weekend that my social life is coming to a complete halt. The sister (the successful of the two siblings) is getting married in July in Italy. Going to cost me about 3 grand just for flights and hotel.

Neil have you done a skydive before? Best thing ever without question.

Morning all. Can't believe it's monday again. Got word over the weekend that my social life is coming to a complete halt. The sister (the successful of the two siblings) is getting married in July in Italy. Going to cost me about 3 grand just for flights and hotel.

And the wedding preesent...you're fucked!!
    Neil have you done a skydive before? Best thing ever without question.

Nope. Can't wait. If I like it enough I'll do the AFF course so I can jump on my own though. The tandem will be the tester. Hopin to raise a good load though... Irish Cancer Society so I'll bust a gut to raise as much as I can.

And the wedding preesent...you're fucked!!

Proper Fúcked my good man. I did the maths with wages minus bills. It's not good.

Nope. Can't wait. If I like it enough I'll do the AFF course so I can jump on my own though. The tandem will be the tester. Hopin to raise a good load though... Irish Cancer Society so I'll bust a gut to raise as much as I can.

'Tis the business man. You'll be an instant addict. The feeling when your tandem is sat on the edge of the door meaning you're actually outside the fuselage but still sat there - those few seconds before he launches you are pure excitement.

Best of luck with raising the cash. I'm sure I can find a spare fiver or tenner to sponsor you. Good cause and all that.

Proper Fúcked my good man. I did the maths with wages minus bills. It's not good

Know d feeling. I've to pay back a claim on the insurance now so I'm smashed for the foreseeable future. :( Ah well, at least we have our OTT!

'Tis the business man. You'll be an instant addict. The feeling when your tandem is sat on the edge of the door meaning you're actually outside the fuselage but still sat there - those few seconds before he launches you are pure excitement.

Are u gonna do it again? I defo will provided I enjoy it. I'd love to be able to jump alone, I'd say it's the shizzle!

I've heard all about it, the missus is an experienced skydiver, so it was her who put the idea in my head, along with a few other people (including Des). I've heard all about the hanging out of the plane bit, I'd say that'll be the worst! But fck it, lifes short, DO IT!!

Best of luck with raising the cash. I'm sure I can find a spare fiver or tenner to sponsor you. Good cause and all that.

haha cheers, appreciated.

I'll really need to figure out how to use the online banking in that case!!

• Advertisement

Morning

Morning

It's actually afternoon!! :P:)

Morning lads.
    Didnt do a warm down yesterday as it was fcuking lashing. My God am I regretting that decision now...

It's actually afternoon!! :P:)

:)

Not in the fabulous world of unemployment Neil my good buddy :p

Ok, no more drink until after the game on Sunday. Over did Saturday, really really did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:)
    Not in the fabulous world of unemployment Neil my good buddy :p

lol, I remember being there alright :)

I'm taking the day off tomorrow (/waves at boss :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Hello OTT guys.

I am putting my faith in your knowledge.

Where is the best place to buy PS3 games online?

Hello OTT guys.

ebay?

play?

cduk?

Hello OTT guys.

If you can get to Zavvi there prices will be as good as online prices in the next few days. Their having a liquidation sale atm and it's expected they'll go to 50% off by the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Frisbee wrote: »
    If you can get to Zavvi there prices will be as good as online prices in the next few days. Their having a liquidation sale atm and it's expected they'll go to 50% off by the end.

Yeah I was in Zavvi in Dundrum but they didn't have any decent games left.

Thats where I got the PS3 for 280 euro on Saturday. So now I'm looking to find the best place for games.

ebay?

play?

cduk?
    Do NOT buy off play. They force you to pay in the Euro price which is still calculated on exchange rates from 2004. If it's 10 sterling expect to pay close to 15 euro. Robbing bastards.

Do NOT buy off play. They force you to pay in the Euro price which is still calculated on exchange rates from 2004. If it's 10 sterling expect to pay close to 15 euro. Robbing bastards.

Did you hear my news man?

Got a new job, starting Monday :)

Nice one dude. Delighted for you. Please tell me you no longer have to deal with joe public, or at least general joe public.

If one of us escapes at least I can be like the black dude in Shawshank redemption after the escape. Happy knowing at least one of us is living a free man.

Fair play Des :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Congrats Desmond!

Congrats Des.

• Advertisement

Evenin lads.

First off the bat, congrats Betty. I would imagine you are one of very few who has managed to swindle themselves a better job in this climate. Hope it goes well for ya.

Next on the agenda, I still feel rough as fcuk. Work was an absolute jock today, and it was just one of those days where nothing would go right for me. :( If tomorrow is the same, I may well die a little inside.

Newcastle was fcukin mint. 3 days of very solid boozin, game day especially where we started drinkin from 12.30 (and didn't stop till about 3am). If yis ever get the chance to get to Newky lads, pop in to Sam Jacks. £2.95 for a treble vodka redbull, topless girls serving, and a DJ who's acid tongue would put Pighead to shame.

Oh and Des, you we're wrong about Geordie girls, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrong. 3.gif this doesn't even come close to describe some of the Bigg Market's finest.

The only downer to the trip was the fact that our flight was delayed coming home last night, and we didn't get in till about 2.30am.

Evenin lads, glad ya enjoyed yourself charles. So........ any misbehavin to report of?! Or were ya just looking and thinkin dirty thoughts followed by an aul 3.gif ?!

Evenin lads, glad ya enjoyed yourself charles. So........ any misbehavin to report of?! Or were ya just looking and thinkin dirty thoughts followed by an aul 3.gif ?!

I'll send you a kiss and tell pm tomorrow.

Neet lads.

Charlie wrote: »
    I'll send you a kiss and tell pm tomorrow.

Neet lads.

I always suspected....

I always suspected....

Jealous much

Jealous much

Not in the slightest :)

Jaysus lads, I haven't really had a bit of proper banter in the OTT since before Christmas. Goodluck with the new job Des, take that recession!!!

Just looking at your sig eZe^ : you like Bloc Party?

Loved the first two albums. Didn't like the new one at the start but I'm starting to see the different style their going for now.

You're jealous!

• Advertisement

When I think of Bloc Party I think of banquet which makes me think of Kandi in Ios which makes me :)

:eek:

I nearly had a jaysis heart attack when I clicked into feedback

Just looking at your sig eZe^ : you like Bloc Party?

Loved the first two albums. Didn't like the new one at the start but I'm starting to see the different style their going for now.

Ya man, I really like bloc party. Even their new stuff with the electro elements I enjoy, but my sig is a lyric in a pretty funny song by Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius pip, the best bit is the lyric 'Thou shalt not question Stephen Fry'... :pac:

Paid 60 euro for a ****ing college book that I know will just frustrate my Brain, 'Field and Wave Electromagnetics'... ****ing joy, 60 euro in our current economic climate is crippling!

Silent Alarm is a whopper album.
    Helicopter and Positive Tension are amazing.

'I Still Remember' and '7.18' off Weekend in the City are crackers too.

:eek:

I nearly had a jaysis heart attack when I clicked into feedback

Jayzus Des you could have warned me before leaving that statement hanging and enticing me to click into Feedback!

Don't do that again eh Des!

• Advertisement

Don't do that again eh Des!

:D

it wasn't me.

lol @ your srs reply though

LOL indeed, without that Rafa thread I'd have probably gone on with my week as normal and amused myself over on redcafe. But that thread gave me LOLs from the sheer amount of idiocy condensed into one thread! It's great!

Guten Morgen, meine Freunde.

What's the craic with everyone. I think I've shaken off the January blues through the booking of holidays - albeit bankrupting holidays.

Morrning all.

Congrats on the new job Des.Is it going to be more of a commute than your current one..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Morning,i am freezing dammit,anything new over there?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement