Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

In my opinion the worse it is the better xavi!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morrning all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just got my tickets for the City/Copenhagen game in Denmark. Get in! :D

COME ON COPENHAGEN!!! Ruin Xavis day! U goin to Manchester or Denmark?

Denmark. Gonna be bloody cold!

• Advertisement

Ah well, when else ya gonna get to go there. hope ya like drinkin turbo-G!

Ha ha. Gonna do me a tour of the Carlsberg brewery I think.

Fly out Wednesday, pick up the rental car in Billund, drive 3 hours to Copenhagen, see the game Thursday, back to Billund for a flight on Friday.

Sitting front row of the upper tier behind the goal so gonna bring a tricolour to hang over the side!

Good luck KaG

Danke,

Just got back from the Social Welfare office there. Was queuing for 2 hours.... Not a happy bunny.

This is class have a read of it if you have a few min to spare.

This note was posted through the door of all the Apts in a block.

15qez6h86dca8dj4.jpg

Date: Monday 8 Dec 2008 11.04am
    To: Matthew Smythe
    Subject: R.S.V.P.

Dear Matthew,
    Thankyou for the party invite. At first glance I thought it may be a child's party what with it being vibrant and having balloons but I realise you probably did your best with what little tools were available. I wouldn't miss it for the world. What time would you like me there?

Regards, David.

Date: Monday 8 Dec 2008 3.48pm
    To: David Thorne
    Subject: Re: R.S.V.P.

Hi David
    Sorry the note was just to let you know that we might be a bit loud that night. The house warming is really just for friends and family but you can drop past for a beer if you like.
    Cheers Matthew

Date: Monday 8 Dec 2008 5.41pm
    Subject: Re: Re: R.S.V.P.

Thanks Matthew,
    Including me in your list of friends and family means a lot. You and I don't tend to have long discussions when we meet in the hallway and I plan to put a stop to that. Next time we bump into each other I intend to have a very long conversation with you and I am sure you are looking forward to that as much as I am. I have told my friend Ross that you are having a party and he is as excited as I am. Do you want us to bring anything or will everything be provided?

Regards, David.

Date: Tuesday 9 Dec 2008 10.01am
    Subject: Re: Re: Re: R.S.V.P.

Hi David
    As I said, my housewarming is just for friends and family. There is not a lot of room so cant really have to many people come. Sorry about that mate.
    Cheers Matthew

Date: Tuesday 9 Dec 2008 2.36pm
    Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: R.S.V.P.

Dear Matthew,
    I can appreciate that, our apartments are not very large are they? I myself like to go for a jog every night to keep fit but fear leaving the house so I have to jog on the spot taking very small steps with my arms straight down. I understand the problems of space restrictions all too well. If you would like to store some of your furniture at my place during the party you are quite welcome to - if we move your cane furniture into my spare room for the night and scatter cushions on the ground, that would provide a lot more seating and create a cozy atmosphere at the same time. I have a mirror ball that you can borrow. I have told Ross not to invite anyone else due to the space constraints so it will just be us two and my other friend Simon. When I told Simon that Ross and I were going to a party he became quite angry that I had not invited him as well so I really didn't have any choice as he can become quite violent. Sometimes I am afraid to even be in the same room as him. So just myself Ross and Simon. Simon's girlfriend has a work function on that night but might come along after that if she can get a lift with friends.

Regards, David.

Date: Tuesday 9 Dec 2008 4.19pm
    Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: R.S.V.P.

Wtf? Nobody can come to the houswarming party it is just for friends and family. I dont even know these people. How do you know I have cane furniture? Are you the guy in apartment 1?

Date: Tuesday 9 Dec 2008 6.12pm
    Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: R.S.V.P.

Hi Matthew,
    I understand it is an exclusive party and I appreciate you trusting my judgement on who to bring. I just assumed you have cane furniture, doesn't everybody? Cane is possibly one of the most renewable natural resources we have after plastic, it is not only strong but lightweight and attractive. Every item in my apartment is made of cane, including my television. It looks like the one from Gilligan's Island but is in colour of course. Do you remember that episode where a robot came to the island? That was the best one in my opinion. I always preferred Mary Anne to Ginger, same with Flintstones - I found Betty much more attractive than Wilma but then I am not really keen on redheads at all They have freckles all over their body did you know? It's the ones on their back and shoulders that creep me out the most.

Anyway, Ross rang me today all excited about the party and asked me what the theme is, I told him that I don't think there is a theme and we discussed it and feel that it should be an eighties themed party. I have a white suit and projector and am coming as Nik Kershaw. I have made a looping tape of 'wouldn't it be good' to play as I am sure you will agree that this song rocks and has stood the test of time well. I am in the process of redesigning your invites appropriately and will get a few hundred of them printed off later today. I will have to ask you for the money for this as print cartridges for my Epson are pretty expensive. They stopped making this model a month after I bought it and I have to get the cartridges sent from China. Around $120 should cover it. You can just pop the money in my letter box if I don't see you before tonight.

Regards, David.

Date: Wednesday 10 Dec 2008 11.06pm
    Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: R.S.V.P.

What the fu*k are you talking about? There is no theme for the party it is just a few friends and family. noone else can come IT IS ONLY FOR MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY do you understand? Do not print anything out because I am not paying for something I dont need and didnt ask you to do! look I am sorry but i am heaps busy and that night is not convenient. Are you in Apatrment1?

Date: Thursday 11 Dec 2008 9.15am
    Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: R.S.V.P.

Hello Matthew,
    I agree that it is not very convenient and must admit that when I first received your invitation I was perplexed that it was on a Sunday night but who am I to judge. No, I am in apartment 3B. Our bedroom walls are touching so when we are sleeping our heads are only a few feet apart. If I put my ear to the wall I can hear you I also agree with you that having a particular theme for your party may not be the best choice, it makes more sense to leave it open as a generic fancy dress party, that way everyone can come dressed in whatever they want. Once, I went to a party in a bear outfit which worked out well as it was freezing and I was the only one warm. As it won't be cold the night of your party, I have decided to come as a Ninja. I think it would be really good if you dressed as a ninja as well and we could perform a martial arts display for the other guests. I have real swords and will bring them. If you need help with your costume let me know, I have made mine by wrapping a black t-shirt around my face with a hooded jacket and cut finger holes in black socks for the gloves. I do not have any black pants so will spray paint my legs on the night.

It is a little hard to breath in the costume so I will need you to keep the window open during the party to provide good air circulation. Actually, I just had a thought, how awesome would it be if I arrived 'through' the window like a real ninja. We should definitely do that. I just measured the distance between our balconies and I should be able to jump it. I once leaped across a creek that was over five metres wide and almost made it.

Also, you mentioned in your invitation that if there was anything I needed, to let you know. My car is going in for a service next week and I was wondering, seeing as we are good friends now, if it would be ok to borrow yours on that day. I hate catching the bus as they are full of poor people who don't own cars.

Regards, David.

Date: Thursday 11 Dec 2008 3.02pm
    Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: R.S.V.P.

WTF? No you cant borrow my car and there is no fuc*ing 3B. I reckon you are that guy from Apartment 1. You are not coming to my house warming and you are not bringing any of your friends What the fu*k is wrong with you??? The only people invited are friends and family I told you that. It is just drinks there is no fuc*ing fancy dress and only people i know are coming! I dont want to be rude but jesus fuc*ing christ man.

Date: Sunday 14 Dec 2008 2.04am
    Subject: Party

Hello Matthew,
    I have been away since Thursday so have not been able to check my email from home. Flying back late today in time for the party and just wanted to say that we are really looking forward to it. Will probably get there around eleven or twelve, just when it starts to liven up. Simon's girlfriend Cathy's work function was cancelled so she can make it after all which is good news. She will probably have a few friends with her so they will take the mini van. Also, I have arranged a Piñata.

Can't wait, see you tonight.

Regards, David.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ha ha. Gonna do me a tour of the Carlsberg brewery I think.

Fly out Wednesday, pick up the rental car in Billund, drive 3 hours to Copenhagen, see the game Thursday, back to Billund for a flight on Friday.

Sitting front row of the upper tier behind the goal so gonna bring a tricolour to hang over the side!

Tuborg > Carlsberg

Fair play, sounds like a fun trip there. Many of ya's goin?

Of course then you have to make OTT beers :cool: We'll let Des sort the venue cos he did such a sterling job last time. I nominate the Czech Inn (I'm fairly sure we're barred) so that the rest of ye can meet and be pimped by Dimitri! :P

Lunchtime wednesday = half time for the week.....roll on Friday!

I've raised €120 so far for my skydive. Not bad considerin I havent got anything off any family, close mates, bird etc!! Bring it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Tuborg > Carlsberg

Blasphemy!

LOL Dub that is good !

LOL Dub that is good !

Yea its a classic,I had a genuine LOL for a few min reading that.

Tuborg > Carlsberg

Rubbish! Carlsberg pwns all other beers.
    Fair play, sounds like a fun trip there. Many of ya's goin?

Nah just myself and the oul lad (he's a Leeds fan with a soft spot for City). Meetin a lot of fans from one of the forums over there.
    Of course then you have to make OTT beers :cool: We'll let Des sort the venue cos he did such a sterling job last time. I nominate the Czech Inn (I'm fairly sure we're barred) so that the rest of ye can meet and be pimped by Dimitri! :P

Sounds like a plan.
    I've raised €120 so far for my skydive. Not bad considerin I havent got anything off any family, close mates, bird etc!! Bring it on.

I'll try lash a few quid off to you when I get a better idea of how funds are for goin home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi, what date suits you for beers.

We'll make it a Soccer Beers, i'll do up a thread and a poll, it'll have to be a saturday, because Friday didn't really suit many people last time out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Des wrote: »

We'll make it a Soccer Beers, i'll do up a thread and a poll, it'll have to be a saturday, because Friday didn't really suit many people last time out.

Aye Fridays are no go's on the scooping for me.
    Hard luck last night Des.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Hard luck last night Des.

yeah, fúckin ref.

Well I only get back on the 6th so that rules out the 7th.

The 14th is obviously Valentine's so the gheys will be off with their birds.

So that leaves the 21st but we were gonna organise a game for Sunday the 22nd so that might be affected by hangovers.

Well I only get back on the 6th so that rules out the 7th.

The 14th is obviously Valentine's so the gheys will be off with their birds.

So that leaves the 21st but we were gonna organise a game for Sunday the 22nd so that might be affected by hangovers.

if the game is at 3 or 4 that shouldn't really matter

the 21st it is so.

it's the only viable option really.

venue lads?

ideas please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Anywhere around here I would say link

Ha ha ha ha ha. Yeah right like that would happen.

• Advertisement

Anywhere around here I would say link

Ha ha ha ha ha. Yeah right like that would happen.

feck off corkie.

feck off corkie.

I'm not a corkie. You may have missed some of my post.

Cool Saturday the 21st it is.

Venue isn't a biggie. Should we make it an early meet to watch some ball?

Cool Saturday the 21st it is.

Venue isn't a biggie. Should we make it an early meet to watch some ball?

yep

in that case, I'll have a think about good pubs in the City for watching ball.

wonder what games are on that day

here we are

Saturday 21st February 2009
    Aston Villa v Chelsea 12:45 Villa Park
    Arsenal v Sunderland 15:00 Emirates Stadium
    Bolton Wanderers v West Ham United 15:00 Reebok Stadium
    Middlesbrough v Wigan Athletic 15:00 The Riverside Stadium
    Stoke City v Portsmouth 15:00 Britannia Stadium
    Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers 17:30 Old Trafford

anyone up for the morning game?
    if not one of the three o'clocks will be on Setanta i'd say

then the united blackburn match at half five.

An all-dayer sounds solid to me.

Hit Coppers in the evening ;)

yep

in that case, I'll have a think about good pubs in the City for watching ball.

wonder what games are on that day

here we are

Saturday 21st February 2009
    Aston Villa v Chelsea 12:45 Villa Park
    Arsenal v Sunderland 15:00 Emirates Stadium
    Bolton Wanderers v West Ham United 15:00 Reebok Stadium
    Middlesbrough v Wigan Athletic 15:00 The Riverside Stadium
    Stoke City v Portsmouth 15:00 Britannia Stadium
    Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers 17:30 Old Trafford

anyone up for the morning game?
    if not one of the three o'clocks will be on Setanta i'd say

then the united blackburn match at half five.

Porterhouse Central can be good for matches.

That weekend is a good idea as well as there will be no six nations invading the screens.

An all-dayer sounds solid to me.

Hit Coppers in the evening ;)

Ya must be leaving the woman in oz.

thrend here

Ya must be leaving the woman in oz.

I won't able to look at another woman having lived with all the fine birds over here for the past two years.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Plus you'll be exchanging hot chicks wearing **** all for uglies wearing jumpers thicker than most ditches.

I'd be up for an all day session on the 21st. The Villa Chelsea game should be a cracker too. Venue shouldn't be a biggie but let's not go to some place that is a total rip off!

I'd be up for an all day session on the 21st. The Villa Chelsea game should be a cracker too. Venue shouldn't be a biggie but let's not go to some place that is a total rip off!

so thats dublin out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

so thats dublin out of it.

Two fcukin reet mate.

Seriously, once you drink abroad, you realise what a scam it is to be paying close to 6 blips for a pint of watered down piss, in a venue you've had to already pay into, only to be surrounded by pretentious cnuts/boggers/scangers/or a mix of all 3(i.e. Roy Coppers).

Neil, that comment was weak as fcuk man, possibly one of the lamest YORE MA responses i've ever seen. Tut tut good sir.

Des and X-man, consider yourselfs added. May have to start using the 'bewk now.

I guess boards has rendered the momma joke useless. Still, you are a filthy pervert all the same. At least that remains true.

check out my mapmaking skillz in the beers thread :D

• Advertisement

Still, you are a filthy pervert all the same. At least that remains true.

I am!?! :eek:

/scuttles to the corner for a crywank

Lads as we established before I'm a banking illiterate.

If you gaave me your laser card number and sort code can i transfer money from your account into mine or do i have to give my account details to you?

If you gaave me your laser card number and sort code can i transfer money from your account into mine or do i have to give my account details to you?

you give the people your bank account number and sort code.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

you can't take money from someone elses account unless they give you the actualy card and the pin number and say go to the ATM and fleece me please.

Know this guy much?

7a98_2.JPG

• Advertisement

I did say I'm useless at it but I've got to learn tbh! So my bank A/C number and sort code is enough or do I need to give anything else?

I did say I'm useless at it but I've got to learn tbh! So my bank A/C number and sort code is enough or do I need to give anything else?

Nope, that'll do it.

If you're not accepting paypal, you may as well forward those details on to me mate, and i'll sort something out for you.

neil, just post your credit card number, expiry date and the three numbers off the back here, and i'll set up your internet banking

Will do. Just let me know so there's no phantom lodgements and i can keep track of who's paid etc. Cheers!

Murphy you pox.

Murphy you pox.

Am I wrong?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Am I wrong?

:)

you most certainly are not wrong Alan.

he regularly gloats about the fact.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you most certainly are not wrong Alan.

he regularly gloats about the fact.

wtf?

when?

wtf?

when?

Care to enlighten me as to what all this is about?

Charlie wrote: »
    Care to enlighten me as to what all this is about?

this

I mean, how could you not know :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement