Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

No i wanna stay sober to keep it clear for the w@nk bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

He's not a cockney mate, he's a Dab mate, from Cramlin.

I was referring to the even bigger ****, the scrooge who has his hand up the 'dab's' arse, playing him like a puppet.

Probably zero booze for myself also. Still wrecked from the 'Castle last weekend, and I have been looking forward to just loungin about and lieing in this weekend. Pizza and a **** (probably in that order) will be about as fun as my weekend gets. Might try and see The Wrestler if I get a chance.

Evening gents,
    Bad night ahead for moi I feel. Me n the mrs have been arguing alot and I think it'll be ending tonight :( . Ah well, **** happens eh.

Anyone have any plans for the night ahead? Charlie crawling through some dumpsters?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Evening gents,
    Bad night ahead for moi I feel. Me n the mrs have been arguing alot and I think it'll be ending tonight :( . Ah well, **** happens eh.

Anyone have any plans for the night ahead? Charlie crawling through some dumpsters?

Sorry to hear that.

As for my plans just off to a mates new house for a few beers,they are moved in months and this is the first time I will be in the house.I just did not get the time,they are in the house so long now its embarrassing that I have not been in to have a look yet.

Evening gents,

Sorry to hear about that mate. Take solace in the fact that the OTT brothers are here for youto scoff and mock

Ah here, why would I be crawling through dumpsters. Seems like my good name is always sullied round these parts.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.

As for my plans just off to a mates new house for a few beers,they are moved in months and this is the first time I will be in the house.I just did not get the time,they are in the house so long now its embarrassing that I have not been in to have a look yet.

Christen the jacks with a steaming turd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

so nice in real life Charlie, yet so grotesque on boards :)

ahhaha cheers lads.

Only joking young Charlie, my mate lost a LOAD on the Toon vs Hull. Couldnt believe it.

Well meeting her in about 45 minutes in my local so should be interesting. Like I know it's coming. Cause she said she wanted to talk about everything and when I said can we do it over the phone she said nein. Ah well, I am sure I'll get some sloppy 2nds from Al's few barely legal mistresses :p

Evening gents,

Sorry to hear that but.....

Onwards and upwards. If its not working find something better. Look at it as a good thing.

People are always afraid to dump the OH when it's not right because well they invested a lot of time. Meh. I look at it differently to others I guess.

Good luck, hope it works out what ever way is best for you.

• Advertisement

Ah well, I am sure I'll get some sloppy 2nds from Al's few barely legal mistresses :p

HEY!

leave it out, she is 20!

How's that goin Al?

Onwards and upwards. If its not working find something better. Look at it as a good thing.

People are always afraid to dump the OH when it's not right because well they invested a lot of time. Meh. I look at it differently to others I guess.

Cheers Neil,

bit in bold is me to a T, I am a silly Billy. Weird really though , I was on and off with some **** for 4-5 years before I met this girl in July & it really was going well. Thing is, being with her is like being with all her mates. They tell each other EVERYTHING and all kinds of annoying ****. Ah well, we'll see what happens. We'll have a few beers after the match on Sunday anyway & I'll fill yous in.

20 Alan, good man. Getting older are we :p

really good actually Neil, thanks.

Another thing, why the **** am I drinking bottles of Coors light atm......

I think I've been attacked by the gay stick.

20 Alan, good man. Getting older are we :p

well.......nearly 20 ;)

• Advertisement

Cheers Neil,

bit in bold is me to a T, I am a silly Billy. Weird really though , I was on and off with some **** for 4-5 years before I met this girl in July & it really was going well. Thing is, being with her is like being with all her mates. They tell each other EVERYTHING and all kinds of annoying ****. Ah well, we'll see what happens. We'll have a few beers after the match on Sunday anyway & I'll fill yous in.

Haha ah you live you learn. I know that feeling too dude. Just roll with it. Life's too short. I mean I'm with a girl now that I went out with 2 years ago...u just don't know what's gonna happen to be honest so just enjoy other elements of your life and don't stress too much about it for now.

But if it's not right then this is a good thing and you should go straight from your pub convo with her to the lads for a freedom party and then on to a club to get that rebound sh1te outta the way!
    Mr Alan wrote: »

Glad to hear it. Hope it keeps up.

so nice in real life Charlie, yet so grotesque on boards :)

Would love to say the same about yourself Al, but everyone knows you're just a figment of Boggle's imagination.
    ahhaha cheers lads.

Only joking young Charlie, my mate lost a LOAD on the Toon vs Hull. Couldn't believe it.

Well meeting her in about 45 minutes in my local so should be interesting. Like I know it's coming. Cause she said she wanted to talk about everything and when I said can we do it over the phone she said nein. Ah well, I am sure I'll get some sloppy 2nds from Al's few barely legal mistresses :p

As I said before, NEVER EVER bet on the Toon. They will always break your heart.

An auld face to face, could be awkward as fcuk, but fair play to you. And if she starts actin the cnut, man up and let her know who's boss:

FalconPunch.gif

Another thing, why the **** am I drinking bottles of Coors light atm......

I think I've been attacked by the gay stick.

Jesus the birds made the right call so!! :P only jokin.....

I drink that if I'm goin out 2 nights in a row. I get woeful hangovers so the lightness of it is great when starting out with a ropey stomach. I don't care. Plus....who cares? Aren't u old enough now not to be worrying about these things!!! :P

There's a whole basket of ironing somewhere in this post
    HEY!

leave it out, she is 20!

But she asked me to stick it in, and what does her age have to do with it.

All ribs aside, good to hear mate.
    Haha ah you live you learn. I know that feeling too dude. Just roll with it. Life's too short. I mean I'm with a girl now that I went out with 2 years ago...u just don't know what's gonna happen to be honest so just enjoy other elements of your life and don't stress too much about it for now.

Ah, found it........

laundry_basket.jpg

Charlie wrote: »

As I said before, NEVER EVER bet on the Toon. They will always break your heart.

Yeah I know mate. In fairness though, he did get that sweet Pompey bet up! I think he had 2 ton on them. He wouldnt talk about it, twas funny.
    FalconPunch.gif

LOL!

Yeah Neil, that's the plan actually. Have a few lads on stand by haha. Ah im not too cut up about it, she's been acting the tit alot recently as much as I like the girl. Anyway, she actually just texted me to say she left in a taxi. This should be fun.

Have fun tonight lads!

au revoir

• Advertisement

Would love to say the same about yourself Al, but everyone knows you're just a figment of Boggle's imagination.

i would LOVE to meet Boggles.

I'd love to meet CiaranC but then again maybe I wouldn't.

Ah now charlie, at least I'm not pullin the plum off myself 24-7! :P

Ah now charlie, at least I'm not pullin the plum off myself 24-7! :P

<<<<<<<<<<<This is the belt>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OOOOOOOOOThis is your punchOOOOOOOOOOO

:(

/scuttles off for a cry ****.

I've stared at that for a while and dunno what you're on about charlie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

staying in tonight, lad's night.

8 bottles london pride.
    3 bottles tyskie
    3 pint bottles guinness
    1 bottle Inns and Gunn (weird beer I saw in the offo, got it to try)
    1 bottle laphroaig.
    1 pizza
    music

good night ahead

I've stared at that for a while and dunno what you're on about charlie!!

You weren't blond when I last met you?

Des wrote: »
    staying in tonight, lad's night.

8 bottles london pride.
    3 bottles tyskie
    3 pint bottles guinness

1 bottle laphroaig.
    1 pizza
    music

3.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

really thinking about dropping my uni course, im fricken hating it! its extra annoying cos i actually like and have done the job. o well its friday night so im sure ill find someway to distract myself (cue charlie doing a **** joke or gif ;))

You weren't blond when I last met you?

only downstairs!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

you don't like beer charles?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Never liked the taste of it myself, nothing but whiskey/Boubon for me.... now wheres that Jemmy?

Not a big fan. horrible experience with it in my teens where I was for days after a mad one. Ever since then, my body kind of rejects it. Even the smell of it can get the tummy feeling queasy.

Still, whiskey and Cider are doing a steller job for me at the moment.

only downstairs!!! :D

too much info brau.

too much info brau.

Me?! Never!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It's a decent ale no doubt - Really oaky and theres honey to be found in there to, also a bang of whiskey,
    get it into you while you can because tomorrow night you have to look after yourself, need a clear head on sunday with them bluffers.

mayordenis wrote: »
    It's a decent ale no doubt - Really oaky and there honey to be found in there to, also a bang of whiskey

Is that you Llyod?

grossmanL280606_228x289.jpg

Is that you Llyod?

grossmanL280606_228x289.jpg

I've decided to try my hand at being the soccer forums resident posho. We'll see how it plays out.

I've decided to try my hand at being the soccer forums resident posho. We'll see how it plays out.

Neil's a tough act to follow.

Feck off! You were the one wearin the suit and fancy jacket to a boards beers!! "Comin from work"......bah!

• Advertisement

What that charlatan is trying to pass himself off as one of the upper class?
    Well I never.

Feck off! You were the one wearin the suit and fancy jacket to a boards beers!! "Comin from work"......bah!

It was Jose look.

What that charlatan is trying to pass himself off as one of the upper class?
    Well I never.

Nah, I'm just a dude!
    It was Jose look.

Posho

The only thing posh about me son, is the odd fancy **** I had when we got a rake of free johnnies in Canada.

Surprised Des hasn't popped in at this stage for a pop at your upper crust ways. A ken joke right about now would be his form. :D

The only thing posh about me son, is the odd fancy **** I had when we got a rake of free johnnies in Canada.

may as well put them to use! Better that than havin them go to waste in your wallet!! :pac::D
    Surprised Des hasn't popped in at this stage for a pop at your upper crust ways. A ken joke right about now would be his form. :D

I NEVER drink Ken!....EVER!!

Heineken isn't for upper class it's for cretins ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Heineken isn't for upper class it's for cretins ffs.

Why exactly, its an all right beer. Better than Bud imo and alongside miller as a 'solid' beer choice. Would be mid table in the beer leagues for me.

Bud and 'Ken are as bad as each other tbh. Shouldn't even be called "beer"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My fookin head :o

Bud and 'Ken are as bad as each other tbh. Shouldn't even be called "beer"

The League's would work something like this
    It's a rought guide and the each league has just a few examples of the quality I expect

Prem:
    Liefmans Goudenband
    Maredsous 8
    Gueze Boon
    Mc Chouffre
    Westmalle Triple

Champ
    Fraziskaner
    Watou's Wit
    Goose Island Indian Pale Ale
    Chimay
    Duvel