Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

vigil2.jpg

For our fallen brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Charlie wrote: »
    Too much sauce boss?

Yeah a little.

And now we have 'martyrs' in Feedback. Nice one. :rolleyes:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah a little.

And now we have 'martyrs' in Feedback. Nice one. :rolleyes:

I won't comment on that thread, as I think it prohibits the rules, but you know well mate that some of those lads aren't 'martyrs', and are good blokes, and great contributors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's a horrible lack of respect and I'm personally disappointed that people have pounced on my decision, which was perfectly correct btw.

Anyway, no more derailing. I'll say my bit over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

mayordenis wrote: »
    Non league
    Bud
    Ken
    Carlsberg
    Dutch
    Miller
    Stella
    Coors (soft bastards)
    Amstel
    Tuborg
    Harp
    essentially any "beer" falvoured fizzy ****

I'd have to disagree with Carlsberg being non-league...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree with Carlsberg being non-league...

That's fine - you'd be wrong though but work away.
    It's probably the best of the non leaguer's but that's nothing to be proud of.
    The brewery does produce some decent non-mass market beers but I doubt many over here have tasted or drank any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

That's fine - you'd be wrong though but work away.
    It's probably the best of the non leaguer's but that's nothing to be proud of.
    The brewery does produce some decent non-mass market beers but I doubt many over here have tasted or drank any of them.

Fair enough you seem to know your beers(nice layout of the league tables there, a few i havent had which i must try!) but i think lumping the likes of Heineken and miller with the likes of Dutch is a bit much. For most people Heineken would be a decent enough tasting 'beer'(or fizzy **** as you call it lol), definately not in the lowest league along with the Dutch! I think a majority of people could be called cretins then!

I suppose you both have a point
    but remember non-league football isn't just one division, there's are some decent sides who aren't quite where they should be etc. happy that analogy works :P

as long as you don't drink Bud or Coors Lite then I have no qualm with you.

Defo check out some of those other beers though plenty of taste to be had. and like Fulham and Wigan you might be best of going up through the leagues - Either that or lash straight into the top tier get in amongst it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's a horrible lack of respect and I'm personally disappointed that people have pounced on my decision, which was perfectly correct btw.

Anyway, no more derailing. I'll say my bit over there.

One thing - it is not your decision (banning Pighead i believe) that is the issue. It is GY's bannings of the first round of 'thankers' that is the issue.

One thing - it is not your decision (banning Pighead i believe) that is the issue. It is GY's bannings of the first round of 'thankers' that is the issue.

Oh god can we please not discuss this in the OTT.
    Those of us who post here regularly don't want it closed

• Advertisement

Oh god can we please not discuss this in the OTT.
    Those of us who post here regularly don't want it closed

I've only recently discovered this shambles and even I demand it stays open.

Well gents.

The expected did indeed happen. Wasn't a bad one at all, ah well ! Shít happens.

Always got the Libertines to cheer me up sons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PHCubDNiM

Well gents.

The expected did indeed happen. Wasn't a bad one at all, ah well ! Shít happens.

**** one man.
    Although if it wasn't going well at it was prob for the best.
    Roll on the Beers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Morning folks

Morning Del,
    God im hungover. Won't be drinking today though with the game tomorrow. Have we decided where we're going for pints after?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Morning Del,
    God im hungover. Won't be drinking today though with the game tomorrow. Have we decided where we're going for pints after?

hehe i know its out of context but its just...:D

Quiet saturday morning,all the hungover people moaning around:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

IBTL :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Seems I missed some craic in here last night.

Head's fuzzy today - played three games of poker, out in the second hand, out in the first hand, runner up. Bad night.

But tbf it started out bad when I picked up a crate of becks left over from christmas in the shed, got to my mates house, opened the box to find it full of cans of Harp.

Should have packed up and gone home at that instant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morrning all I have a bad hangover,and have a long feedback thread to read.

I keep hearing about this Brooklyn ale,whats it like and were can get pick it up..?

• Advertisement

Well gents.

Always got the Libertines to cheer me up sons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PHCubDNiM

/gives Kaggy a hug.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I keep hearing about this Brooklyn ale,whats it like and were can get pick it up..?

I'd imagine they sell it here

I'll get my coat.

Just back from my match.
    3-3 with the team we knocked out of the cup.
    Result reflects the game, happy enough with it.

No big injury concerns for tomo either which is the main thing :pac:

Anyone know why Trapattoni and Alan Kelly are at the Preston v Burnley game? Elliott has to be about 4th or 5th choice striker for Ireland at this stage surely. It's not like Trap has a good look at everyone in and around the squad is it? He'd be better off up at Sunderland for their game with Villa imo.

Cheers Charlie & the rest of you **** :p
    Eh so, point still stands. Where are we having pints after the game tomorrow!?

Good news Frisbee. My thigh has been acting up a bit recently but I'll be grand for tomorrow I'd say.

Cheers Charlie & the rest of you **** :p
    Eh so, point still stands. Where are we having pints after the game tomorrow!?

Good news Frisbee. My thigh has been acting up a bit recently but I'll be grand for tomorrow I'd say.

The Eden is fairly close and won pub of the year last year...

I lost a large portion of skin off my knees diving for a ball earlier.
    Not looking forward to this shower....

• Advertisement

hey Dub - firstly http://www.brooklynbrewery.com/
    so you'll at least recognise the logo

I do my shopping in cork and waterford - I know Tesco are stocking the lager which is a decent lager but what you're looking for is the indian pale ale there it's absolute class there's a chance it'll pop up in a decent next door/o' briens but if not I'd be shocked if redmonds in raneliegh didn't have it but not sure if you'd make the trip - if not I'd be more than happy to grab a couple before the beers or any other time could of brought some tomorrow if I knew there was anyone with a bit of taste here :pac:

The Eden is fairly close and won pub of the year last year...

Sounds good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

hey Dub - firstly http://www.brooklynbrewery.com/
    so you'll at least recognise the logo

I do my shopping in cork and waterford - I know Tesco are stocking the lager which is a decent lager but what you're looking for is the indian pale ale there it's absolute class there's a chance it'll pop up in a decent next door/o' briens but if not I'd be shocked if redmonds in raneliegh didn't have it but not sure if you'd make the trip - if not I'd be more than happy to grab a couple before the beers or any other time could of brought some tomorrow if I knew there was anyone with a bit of taste here :pac:

Thanks for that,I am sure I will find some of it on the Northside.I drank a box of miller last night and need something else for next weekend.

Some .gif lol'age to take the edge off things.

2mo45mg.gif

If Neil gets on teh telly tonight, he better make the wanker gesture, or at least give the OTT a shoutout.

Should be a good PPV.

• Advertisement

If Neil gets on teh telly tonight, he better make the wanker gesture, or at least give the OTT a shoutout.

Should be a good PPV.

You don't believe he's actually at the MMA do you?
    He's actually gone to see Beverly Hills Chihuaha!

I would give you a thanks for that gif Charlie but that button scares me now.

You don't believe he's actually at the MMA do you?
    He's actually gone to see Beverly Hills Chihuaha!

Lolz.

Des would probably be none to happy there. A round of ole ole was sung for an American fighter who milks his Oirish roots.

Lolz.

Des would probably be none to happy there. A round of ole ole was sung for an American fighter who milks his Oirish roots.

Des would not be happy at all at all. What channel is it on Charlie old boy? Why aren't yous all out? Saving for after the game tomorrow?

I would give you a thanks for that gif Charlie but that button scares me now.

The less said about that in here Al, the better. None of us want the thread closed.

Lolz.

"OMG my grandfather was from county Kilkenny!
    Do you know Pat O'Leary?"

"Oh of course, Ireland is the size of a small shopping center"

Des would not be happy at all at all. What channel is it on Charlie old boy? Why aren't yous all out? Saving for after the game tomorrow?

No money and have to start trying to save for my flights etc.

The Fields of Athenry going now. Why do people insist on bringing that out at every irish event. I'm sure it was sung at the ploughing championships.

Sounds look a good atmosphere though.

Ah I found it.

This is ****ing viscious.

Ah I found it.

This is ****ing viscious.

Aye, Ban the hate sport!

• Advertisement

Sky 418. Just a bit bolloxed basically, and everyone seems to be broke after Xmas. Got paid myself yesterday, but meh. Happy to sit and longe, maybe have a few JDs.
    Aye, Ban the hate sport!

I knew you we're a bird Laura, but not a feminist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Man UFC is pretty Damn good.

Chong wrote: »
    Man UFC is pretty Damn good.

It's awesome. My mate's brother was at it in London last year, said it was amazing.
    Was a choice for me between that or the Pats/Bucs game in Wembley so going for the football.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

evening guys

am just here to say goodbye. des wont let me post here anymore:(:(:(

It's awesome. My mate's brother was at it in London last year, said it was amazing.
    Was a choice for me between that or the Pats/Bucs game in Wembley so going for the football.

A toughie, but you made the right choice imo. Went to a Giants game in NY a couple of years back. Awesome spectacle.

Plus, the cheerleaders 3.gif3.gif3.gif

evening guys

And I thought it was you who wore the pants.

/waves at a lurking Des.

evening guys

I was looking for a good 'whipped' picture but couldn't find one decent enough..

That fight was intense.....the blows they were exchanging. ****ing madness. I love it!

A toughie, but you made the right choice imo. Went to a Giants game in NY a couple of years back. Awesome spectacle.

Plus, the cheerleaders 3.gif3.gif3.gif

Yeah can't wait.
    Tickets are going on sale next week :D

• Advertisement

What's the craic with tomorrow lads. What time is KO? Off the top of yer head, do you know who's going just to watch Laura? Where will we be having a few scoops?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement