Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

eZe^ wrote: »
    Wanna swap tbh? :pac: East Coast for 3 months this summer too, maybe New Jersey/ Rhode Island...

It isn't really that exotic for me :)

Germany and France are. I dunno, PR is relaxing and fun which is probably what I need these days but I would like to go somewhere exciting and cultural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Wow!

I just read two pages of the Conspiracy Theory forum and I had to go and read he paranormal forum to ease me back towards reality in case I got the bends.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Gutan Tag.

Monday again. This bastard just won't go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

\o/

Welcome to officially the most depressing day of the year.

\o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

\o/

\o/
    I dont mind mondays its Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I hate.

I do sod all on a Monday.

\o/

\o/
    I'd love to know the science behind this.

I'd love to know the science behind this.

The seem to talk about the weather, the lack of funds due to it being such a long time from peoples last pay day, and the after Christmas fund drain, the fact its Monday, people start getting bills in from Christmas etc etc.

Morning lads,

Fúcking leg is in bits, not going to play on Tuesdays & Thursdays now for two weeks anyway. So does Des have access to Boards in the new place? Big piss up tonight for the derby :)

Morning lads,

Fúcking leg is in bits, not going to play on Tuesdays & Thursdays now for two weeks anyway. So does Des have access to Boards in the new place? Big piss up tonight for the derby :)

He said he did, but he won't but I don't think he will be visiting us any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morrning all.

Morning Dub,
    How'd you get on last night?

I missed all of that hullabaloo? Is there a boycott in progress by some of our senior members - I tried reading that feedback thread but most of it is rantin and ravin and I have limited time these days in work to sit trawling through threads.

I missed all of that hullabaloo? Is there a boycott in progress by some of our senior members - I tried reading that feedback thread but most of it is rantin and ravin and I have limited time these days in work to sit trawling through threads.

All I can say is read the feedback thread. We can't and shouldn't be discussing it in here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morning Dub,
    How'd you get on last night?

Grand,I pushed it a bit a was late a few min I had planned on leaving the game at about 17:40 but it was 17:55 by the time I was in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pig and Heafer

Provincial Reuben

Yes...............oh yes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Trilla wrote: »
    Pig and Heafer

Provincial Reuben

Yes...............oh yes!!!
    do go on... i pass by the place fairly often but all those names confuse the ship out of me.

is it worth the glorious praise?

All I can say is read the feedback thread. We can't and shouldn't be discussing it in here.
    Fair enough - I agree with the non discussion. More was questioning the presence of a boycott rather than the reason for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Morning Ladies

What up Frisbee? Off today?

What up Frisbee? Off today?

Well college starts back today.
    But I only have labs on a Monday and no labs the first week back :D

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Well college starts back today.
    But I only have labs on a Monday and no labs the first week back :D
    I forgot you were a bum student. Lucky bastard.

I forgot you were a bum student. Lucky bastard.

Aye, the knuckling down start's tomorrow though.
    Can't afford to piss about in college anymore, especially not if they decide to introduce fees!

Cardinals / Steelers Superbowl

How disappointing

It might be good to be a student now. But it won't feel so good when a finish and realise there are no jobs to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Oh happy days (and speaking of being a student), I just found out I get tax relief from my fees, which means I can knock about €600 off my loan :D:D

It might be good to be a student now. But it won't feel so good when a finish and realise there are no jobs to be had.

Aye, that's what I'm worried about

Aye - would you believe I was sat at home last night bored out of my bin and completely forgot about the NFL. I missed all of the games yesterday and couldn't believe it when I saw the sport headlines this morning. I'm not used to it being on yet.

Subconsiously I look for football every saturday afternoon - i'm not yet at the stage when I'm looking for NFL of a sunday night.

Aye - would you believe I was sat at home last night bored out of my bin and completely forgot about the NFL. I missed all of the games yesterday and couldn't believe it when I saw the sport headlines this morning. I'm not used to it being on yet.

Subconsiously I look for football every saturday afternoon - i'm not yet at the stage when I'm looking for NFL of a sunday night.

Eagles/Cardinals was a dinger

Cards were 21 up in the third and Eagles ended up leading by one in the fourth, was fantastic with some very big plays from McNabb.

Flacco didn't have a great game for the Ravens, he was picked twice.
    Steelers deserved to win.

However my predictions of a Ravens/Eagles Superbowl fell apart :(

I've actually applied for information in relation to going back to college for a few years - all of this **** should have passed by and hopefully the economy will be getting back on its feet.

That and the fact I'll be 27 looking at loads of 17/18 year old chicks fresh out of school.

That and the fact I'll be 27 looking at loads of 17/18 year old chicks fresh out of school.

3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

I've actually applied for information in relation to going back to college for a few years - all of this **** should have passed by and hopefully the economy will be getting back on its feet.

Kind of different. If you are finishing this year or next year things probably aren't looking good. After that who knows where our economy is headed. But at least you know in four years that has to be some economies recovering (UK, states etc...)

Yeah and you will be the dirty old man in the corner who looks funny, and smells odd, add that they will generally ignore because they think you are some sort of plant by the college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Oh happy days (and speaking of being a student), I just found out I get tax relief from my fees, which means I can knock about €600 off my loan :D:D

You in UCC bud, what are/ did you study?

Yeah and you will be the dirty old man in the corner who looks funny, and smells odd, add that they will generally ignore because they think you are some sort of plant by the college.
    What's your point? I'll still be looking at them.

And as long as you have your fun that's all that matters

But at least if you don't seem like the pervert you might get introduced to a hottie in her early twenties and badda bing badda boom your life becomes exponentially better! What you thinking of going back to study?

But at least if you don't seem like the pervert you might get introduced to a hottie in her early twenties and badda bing badda boom your life becomes exponentially better! What you thinking of going back to study?
    There's one minor set back in that plan. My girlfriend of 7 years might not want to make room in the sack for a younger model.

Was looking at doing engineering. I like the look of the renewable energies engineering. Nice and modern and probably the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

do go on... i pass by the place fairly often but all those names confuse the ship out of me.

is it worth the glorious praise?

pricey 6.75 for that sambo

but its really nice - goats cheese and honey, spinach, thin slices of beef and pesto. Doesnt sound great but Christ its good. Im more of a ham and cheese man but I'm converted after that.

There's one minor set back in that plan. My girlfriend of 7 years might not want to make room in the sack for a younger model.

Was looking at doing engineering. I like the look of the renewable energies engineering. Nice and modern and probably the future.

I like they way you emphasis 'might', perhaps there's a minor chance that it becomes a three pronged relationship.

Good choice on the engineering too, energy engineering seems to be the new craze alright, they introduced a whole honours degree course on it this year in UCC. We may end up working together for a big company that makes nuclear energy in the future... :pac:

I like they way you emphasis 'might', perhaps there's a minor chance that it becomes a three pronged relationship.

Good choice on the engineering too, energy engineering seems to be the new craze alright, they introduced a whole honours degree course on it this year in UCC. We may end up working together for a big company that makes nuclear energy in the future... :pac:
    Or marrooned on a service vessel monitoring some tidal energy system in the depths of the north sea freezing our balls off.

It's something I'd definately have an interest in. Not sure if I'm gonna go back because I don't fancy the idea of being 30 and leaving college. But I have to apply now if it's gonna happen this year so keeping my options open. If septemeber comes and I don't fancy it I'll avoid it.

Or marrooned on a service vessel monitoring some tidal energy system in the depths of the north sea freezing our balls off.

It's something I'd definately have an interest in. Not sure if I'm gonna go back because I don't fancy the idea of being 30 and leaving college. But I have to apply now if it's gonna happen this year so keeping my options open. If septemeber comes and I don't fancy it I'll avoid it.

Not a hope, I'll be warm at base camp sitting doing some silly calculations and you the engineer can freezing your testicles off and actually doing work that's worthwhile.

Well, I'm 19 in my 2nd year (realistically for my age I should be in first year), so I'll graduate I'll just be turning 22. Take a year or so out, and then 4 years doing a PhD.. I'll be 27ish when I finish college. My mantra would be to milk college for all it's worth tbh, stay there as long as possible before I actually have to 'grow up'...

• Advertisement

My mantra would be to milk college for all it's worth tbh, stay there as long as possible before I actually have to 'grow up'...

Here here

That's a good mantra eZe. I wish I had the drive for a PhD and the like when I was at college but I was 16 when I did my Leaving and I think it was crazy to ask a 16 year old what he wanted to do. Because I was able to use a computer my guidance counsellor pushed me into IT. I like computers and gadgets but fúck IT tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ah well you know what they say about college chicks - you get older but they stay the same.
    You in UCC bud, what are/ did you study?

Nah I'm in CIT, doing a research masters in business. No lectures or exams. I love it.

I think it was crazy to ask a 16 year old what he wanted to do. Because I was able to use a computer my guidance counsellor pushed me into IT. I like computers and gadgets but fúck IT tbh.

Hahaha, and sher wasn't the IT sector kinda booming 11 years ago?
    Nah I'm in CIT, doing a research masters in business. No lectures or exams. I love it.

Sweet dude, sweet!

Could someone recommend me some heavy music? I've been listening to 36 Crazyfists and Tool but I need something different...

Hahaha, and sher wasn't the IT sector kinda booming 11 years ago?

Sweet dude, sweet!

Could someone recommend me some heavy music? I've been listening to 36 Crazyfists and Tool but I need something different...
    I got an album today which I think is pretty good Black Keys - Attack and Release.

I really don't like heavy music at all, but I quite like Children of Bodom...

• Advertisement

More your style Laura?

madonna_dont_tell_me_cover.jpg

Frisbee wrote: »
    I really don't like heavy music at all, but I quite like Children of Bodom...

Hahaha, Children of Bodom, I'd rather donate both my testicles to a feminist organisation. And let them smash them with a cleaver just so they can achieve whatever sense of independence from men they seem to crave.

I like alot of very very heavy music, and alot of music with screaming or whatever, but the COB singer sounds like someone being raped by a violin.

Hahaha, Children of Bodom, I'd rather donate both my testicles to a feminist organisation. And let them smash them with a cleaver just so they can achieve whatever sense of independence from men they seem to crave.

I like alot of very very heavy music, and alot of music with screaming or whatever, but the COB singer sounds like someone being raped by a violin.
    How heavy we talking here Cheech?

Side not lads where is Des at?

All heavy music sound slike that to me tbf.
    But I remember hearing COB when I was younger and liking them.
    Just one of those things

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement