Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Frisbee wrote: »
    Morning.

I'll be working long days every day over xmas except for the 26th. Either New Years Eve or New Years Day (worked 11-9 last new years day) and two other days between the 27th and 3rd :(

There'e too much to catch up on when you get out of bed late...
    You got college today dude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Cruijff wrote: »
    You got college today dude?

Term ends today and I only ever had a lab on a Friday which is finished now. Have to get in before 3 to hand in my essay though.
    And pay a fine on a library book..

See if you just wore shoes then you wouldn't have to wash them. I don't get it. How could you prefer to not wear shoes and have to wash your feet as opposed to slipping on a pair of flip flops or something?

It's liberating. I particularly do it when I'm going to the 40 foot.

It doesn't bother me, only takes about 90 seconds to wash your feet.

I'd usually rock the flip flops (tongs :D) but I do like the odd barefoot stroll. On holidays I rarely wear footwear during the day.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Morning.

I'll be working long days every day over xmas except for the 26th. Either New Years Eve or New Years Day (worked 11-9 last new years day) and two other days between the 27th and 3rd :(

There'e too much to catch up on when you get out of bed late...

Working xmas Eve and xmas Day!? Where?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lapland?

She works in an Offy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cruijff wrote: »
    She works in an Offy.

Offos aren't open on Xmas Day but.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Des wrote: »
    Offos aren't open on Xmas Day but.
    Re-stocking for St. Stephen's perhaps?

Sorry I'm off Xmas Day!
    Will be in Xmas eve though. Then straight into the pub after!

I've decided that today I'm going to tell everyone person I get on the phone that their computer is broken, and to bring it to a repair shop.

Even if I knoe what the problem is, and can fix it.

• Advertisement

I've decided that today I'm going to tell everyone person I get on the phone that their computer is broken, and to bring it to a repair shop.

Even if I knoe what the problem is, and can fix it.
    You're lucky your Manager doesn't know that you post here and who you are.

I'm not so lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Morning lads.

I hate this waiting to find out if you got a job or not, I just hope to God I hear before the end of the day, couldnt stand the waiting all weekend!

2008 was a pretty good year for me, got my qualifications, got with my current gf, so if I got this job it would crown it nicely. Plus id feel more apart off the OTT if I could come in here complaing about my job every day! :pac:

I don't complain about my job, I get paid to post! :pac: I just want a job I enjoy!

Frisbee, xmas eve in the boozer is the best night out!! :D

I don't complain about my job, I get paid to post! :pac: I just want a job I enjoy!

Frisbee, xmas eve in the boozer is the best night out!! :D

Damn straight we went to the chinese after and they had no rice left. But my mate kept ordering a 3-in-1 because he refused to accept that a chinese didn't have any rice left.
    Was classic

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

this not working friday thing is just not working for me

stop ringing my phone - i dont care that you have no money, its your own fault

now feck off and leave me alone

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Sorry Ill call back monday! :pac:

Quick question - Has everyone on the OTT here but me met someone else on here in person?

Quick question - Has everyone on the OTT here but me met someone else on here in person?

Nope

• Advertisement

Last Christmas we left the boozer at midnight, got some grub, picked up out stashed cans (pikeys!!) and then hit the park till around 3 a.m singin xmas songs!!

Great craic!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have meet loads from boards over the years,mostly from the Poker forum and the soccer forum.

Never been to a Boards Beers,have been to a poker beers and a road trip.

yes

I know Mr Alan from work, I've met Des, BH and pfb before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

anyone here have an iPod?

mine recently broke for no reason whatsoever. I was putting songs onto it on wednesday, then it asked me for an update.. so I did. then it decided not to work.
    to elaborate - Windows can see my iPod, iTunes cant... but sometimes does and then freezes up and crashes when I try to do anything.
    I get the following error message - "The specified I/O operation on \Device\Harddisk5\DR12 was not completed before the time out period expired" from windows

its lovely of them to release a patch which borks up some iPods and then reap the benefits from those out of warranty. it is only a bargain price of €120 to have it fixed according to the support guy I rang this morning.

Ive tried all the online fixes and venkatesh (the support guy) also said to do a few things (change the drive letter of the iPod - didnt work, set up a new account on windows - didnt work). so now I have an iPod with no songs (forgot to mention that iTunes decided to delete them when I updated... for the craic or something) and am left quite angry.
    Hitler is alive and well and programming iTunes.

christmas is coming though so does anyone have any non-apple music playing products in the 80gb range that they could recommend ?

Last Christmas we left the boozer at midnight, got some grub, picked up out stashed cans (pikeys!!) and then hit the park till around 3 a.m singin xmas songs!!

Great craic!

Thats not a bad plan. I was very tempted to open the shop last christmas to pick up cans but decided against it.
    The amount of times that idea has crossed my mind while hammered.
    Would result in an instant firing though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I've only met Des

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I've only met Des

And Draupnir, doesn't he post here sometimes.

And pvt.joker

i have met neil, des, and bounty hunter

i have met neil, des, and bounty hunter

Jesus, love the way you put Neil first. :(

well they all know i have met you loike and stop being jealous of neil, he isnt that good looking you know

• Advertisement

:eek::D

And i put you first (after Mr Alan!!:pac:)

Havent we met Dimitri also!! He was clearly a mod having a giraffe! T4TF, I'm looking at you! :P

Havent we met Dimitri also!! He was clearly a mod having a giraffe! T4TF, I'm looking at you! :P

lol :D

well they all know i have met you loike and stop being jealous of neil, he isnt that good looking you know

No I've a hunch back and terrible acne. The Neil you met had been through 4 hours of intensive make up work!!

Oh, I've also met PHB, he played in a few pre-season games for Boardeuax.

No I've a hunch back and terrible acne. The Neil you met had been through 4 hours of intensive make up work!!
    I just imagined jack hammers, cement mixers and other plant machinery when you described your 'make up work'. :pac:

I know a lot of the lads from the martial arts forums personally actually.

I just imagined jack hammers, cement mixers and other plant machinery when you described your 'make up work'. :pac:

There's a whole building site for me mate!

I know a lot of the lads from the martial arts forums personally actually.

We're not talking about other forums tbh.

If we are, then I know every one of the lads who posts in the Boardeaux Forum :p

Met a good few from BGRH of course.

A few others here and there.

All in all, I'd say I've met ~50 people from Boards.

Oh well law dee daw! Aren't you quite the e-socialite!! :P

Anyone stumbled accross someone they know on boards!? i was over in the Nocturnal forum one night and saw a poster post a pic of herself, turned out to be a girl I know pretty well! My brother has an account that he doesnt use and a few mates have accounts that I dont think they use. A lotta d lads I train with reference threads in boards to me as if I'll magically know what they're talkin about!!

Aye outside of this forum I know a few lads that were mates since school and that. Went to school/college with Jesus_thats_gre for example. Work with a couple of heads on boards here too like.

Haven't met any of the regular posters in here though.

• Advertisement

Oh well law dee daw! Aren't you quite the e-socialite!! :P

Anyone stumbled accross someone they know on boards!?

Not on boards,but in a bar in Liverpool got talking to some Irish lads who started to tell me about a great irish site called Irishkop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Dub13 wrote: »
    Not on boards,but in a bar in Liverpool got talking to some Irish lads who started to tell me about a great irish site called Irishkop.

Ha! Did you inform them they were speaking to the Godfather?

I dont mind text speak to save space/time/money by having shorter texts but dya know wat drives me mad? Text speak where it doesn't make the word shorter. A girl I'm mates with just texted me with talkin about how she's "realli" tired! It wasn't a ttype either because she's done it before. :rolleyes:

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Tbh there's only one Godfather:

sq-luke-wilson-old-school-dw.jpg

:D

128723515118236204.jpg

I <3 Boards.ie

What a movie...

128723515118236204.jpg

I <3 Boards.ie
    And no Youtube video to reign it in? For Shame

~Rebel~ wrote: »

I did but they would not believe me,they kept saying Dub13 was much older.

Watching Scrubs atm.
    They edit out all the funny stuff at this time of the day.
    Lame...

• Advertisement

Do they know Dub13 is the most fertile man in ireland to boot!?!

Des, congrats, keep it simple to avoid teh fail!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement