Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Des, congrats, keep it simple to avoid teh fail!!

There's pretty much no-one who could mess up a milestone post.
    THat would be he saddest thing ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Dub13 wrote: »
    I did but they would not believe me,they kept saying Dub13 was much older.
    Are you the owner of Irish Kop Dude?

Frisbee wrote: »
    There's pretty much no-one who could mess up a milestone post.
    THat would be he saddest thing ever...

You'd be suprised

You'd be suprised

No way man it's impossible.
    Like I mean how STUPID would someone have to be..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Cruijff wrote: »
    Are you the owner of Irish Kop Dude?

Yes,owner,Admin plus all around good guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yes,owner,Admin plus all around good guy.

Like superman, batman and iron man all rolled into one! (with a dash of spidey too)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Frisbee wrote: »
    No way man it's impossible.
    Like I mean how STUPID would someone have to be..
    We'll find out just how stupid in around 3943 Neil-posts.

i won't be making any mistake with my big 10 tbh!

Lunch time stroll, alone with the headphones, playlist:

Kings of Leon - Cold Desert, Milk, Knocked Up

"Guns N' Roses" - Chinese Democracy (the song)

Thin Lizzy - Emerald, Rosalie

Crash Test Dummies - Mmmmm Mmmmm

Tool - 46 & 2

Its been hard past 2 hours, was actually busy in work, whats that about like :D

Yea i have a busy afternoon ahead, why on a friday afternoon ffs!

• Advertisement

Listened to on the car's CD player on the way back from lunch:

Kings of Leon: Use Somebody

Lost Prophets: Tonight

Live: I Alone

Eddie Vedder: Hard Sun

And that's only because I stuck in Friday lunchtime traffic.

I have "Chinese Democracy" in the car at the moment as well as "Aha Shake Heartbreak"

Last week i took, no joke, 35 CDs outta the car. I listen to something, leave it there and add. I then empty the car and repeat. I feel "Ride The Lightening" will be returning to the car shortly.

i used to do this, till i set up my ipod in the car, now i just put on whatever im in the mood for out of the whole lot. in some ways though the old way was better as it forced me to listen to some albums when otherwise i might have just gone for one of the regular ones i listen to

I like keepin CDs in the car. Its the only real chance I get to properly listen to music these days. I also love driving so I get to spend 2 quality past times in one. Music while driving.

I just keep burning new CDs as my moods take fancy to different tracks. Sometimes I burn a CD of all of just one artist, other times I make a mix.

Yea burn CDs for the car are epic win! I always do a good burn CD or 10 before a long drive. Need your drivin tunes!! AC/DC is always fun to drive to!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I like keepin CDs in the car. Its the only real chance I get to properly listen to music these days. I also love driving so I get to spend 2 quality past times in one. Music while driving.

stop showing off poshie

my car doesnt have a cd player only a tape deck - i have to record my cd's on to tape for the car

stop showing off poshie

my car doesnt have a cd player only a tape deck - i have to record my cd's on to tape for the car

benefit of a tape deck though is that you can get a tape with headphones output that you can put into anything you want. Have my ipod playing through my tapedeck, works perfectly, not a bother.
    _CASADPT.JPG
    Likewise i set up playlists for various occasions, have a cheese one for after pub house parties, also works well on road trips, have one specifically for surfing as well to get me in that bodacious mood! Have a metal one i use usually before football.

what's on ipod ?

what's on ipod ?

this would be the general desured effect;
    funny_0027_new_ipod.jpg

• Advertisement

Ghetto Fabulous

My old car had the tape deck, the sound used to crack a lot though. :(

Now my car has no tape deck and I'm not arsed getting a iTrip or whatever its called.

Before I surf (rare enough lately) I used to listen to Incubus, Bob Marley, Hendrix and occasionaly the Beach boys (they're brilliant btw)

Before I train any martial arts or play soccer, it's metal, always metal.

If I'm chillin, it depends, can be acoutisc stuff, can be hip hop like J5 or The Roots, Common, Mos Def etc.

If I'm drivin to a partae its a mix of cheese and dance (Chem Bros, Prodigy, Daft punk etc etc)

Long drives require a mix but emphasis on the classic rock! Van Halen, AC/DC, Zeppellin, Bon Jovi etc.

Id imagine in Feb when I'm drivin down to do this skydive I'll need to blare out some Slayer or Machine Head!! :pac:

pfb, CD player in the car ain't posh, common as muck now, MP3 in the car is very poshe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd love an iPod deck in my car

I have a 'psyche up' playlist I usually listen to before a match.
    Last year when we made the final I put Al Pacino's 'Inches' speech from Any Given Sunday, the graveyard speech from 'Remember the Titans' and the epic Shane Falco speech on my ipod to listen to.

'Pain Heals, Chicks dig scars,
    Glory lasts forever'

i like music i can sing along to when i am driving

i cant not bear to have dance music or anything with a continoues beat when i am driving it make me very angry and aggresive, and i am an angry aggressive driver normally

Id imagine in Feb when I'm drivin down to do this skydive I'll need to blare out some Slayer or Machine Head!! :pac:

If i may, I recommend "Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side" Best adrenaline fuled metal album i've ever heard. Seen them twice live too, just ridiculous. im sure if hospitals ran out of adrenaline, playing this album would suffice as a substitute!

\m/__(>_<)__\m/

On a sidenote, what does everyone here drive?!

Yea Rebel, I'll likely listen to Killswitch Engage, they always get me amped up. they did a great cover of Dio's "Holy Diver" ... u heard it?!

Will check them out though.

i like music i can sing along to when i am driving

i cant not bear to have dance music or anything with a continoues beat when i am driving it make me very angry and aggresive, and i am an angry aggressive driver normally

I'm normally quite laid back (except when people push my buttons or I'm in a competition) but bad drivers bring out the RAGE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Ford focus

• Advertisement

Saab 9-5

Snap, great car is the Focus. Mines a 2001, 1.6 Zetec. Love it.

01 Hyundai Accent 1.6

currently driving a 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage
    3156s.jpg (except black)

but looking to change at the moment as im not confident of mine passing an NCT and they seem to be cracking down at the moment. Seems to be a buyers market now anyway. Looking at a second half 04 Alfa Romeo 156, and last night got to take an 03 Volvo S40 away for a test, taking it back after work today. Nice car, bit expensive for me though.

With all this talk of Musazk , I am going to see Director tonight.

Anyone know them, they were big last year, but really went off the map for a while, I hope they are good live.

Anyone know them, they were big last year, but really went off the map for a while, I hope they are good live.

There's was the last album I bought before I left Ireland. It's excellent.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't trust any Alfa tbh. My girlfriend drives a 147 and she's had to spend a fair whack on it and she's only had it a year, and its a 04! Mate used to have a 156, cost him a fortune tbh. Italian cars are epis lose in terms of running costs I'm afraid.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    currently driving a 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage
    3156s.jpg (except black)

but looking to change at the moment as im not confident of mine passing an NCT and they seem to be cracking down at the moment. Seems to be a buyers market now anyway. Looking at a second half 04 Alfa Romeo 156, and last night got to take an 03 Volvo S40 away for a test, taking it back after work today. Nice car, bit expensive for me though.
    05 Ibiza ,

This is my car , only mine is Navy Blue.

23684.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I know the drummer well.

Watch CL matches with him when he's in the country.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    There's was the last album I bought before I left Ireland. It's excellent.
    Ya there album is class, so hoping to be a good night, only 9 quid too so happy days.

Des wrote: »
    I know the drummer well.

Watch CL matches with him when he's in the country.
    Good Stuff Des.

They have been town couple time over the past 2 years, never got a chance to see em, so I am taken the opportunity to see em tonight, doing nowt else.

• Advertisement

daewoo lanos

Just shaved my head so so cold.

Got my hair cut last weekend , bloody hated it , so all off , start again.

daewoo lanos

youll-have-to-speak-up-im-wearing-a-towel-69896.jpg

My brother used to talk to, I think now, their bassist on MSN a few years ago. They're from the North aren't they?

Wouldn't trust any Alfa tbh. My girlfriend drives a 147 and she's had to spend a fair whack on it and she's only had it a year, and its a 04! Mate used to have a 156, cost him a fortune tbh. Italian cars are epis lose in terms of running costs I'm afraid.

yeah im a little wary alright, i really like that car though. The guy has a full service history so ill only be getting it if thats ok (he assures me the car has been incredibly well maintained), and a big factor is if he matches my price (which is quite ridiculously low). Ill only get it if its a serious bargain. Both the S40 and 156 have similer miles, and the 156 is a year newer, but im only willing to offer 3,000 less for the 156 then what the guy is asking for the S40, to make up for any potential fixes i have to do. I've done a lot of searchs for the exact model though, '04 156 JTD 1.9 and so far have largely read good things. Not come across any horror stories yet. (And its sooo perdy inside.. all the extras, leather seats et al)

My brother used to talk to, I think now, their bassist on MSN a few years ago. They're from the North aren't they?

Not from the north.

I have heard it said they are from Malahide, but Shay the drummer isn't.

Just shaved my head so so cold.

Got my hair cut last weekend , bloody hated it , so all off , start again.

tbh, pics or GTFO!

I've shaved my head a few times, Id say 90% of the times Ive done it I was drunk!!

Des wrote: »
    Not from the north.

I have heard it said they are from Malahide, but Shay the drummer isn't.

Hmmmm, I'll text him now and ask him what the deal was there. I know he used to talk to one of them anyway.

I don't have to shave my head.

\o/

I've never shaved my head.
    Nearest I came was a 2 blade when I was in 3rd year and my mam made me go to the barber's just before the Arsenal FA Cup final so just got a 2 to get out of there quickly

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement