Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I remember in my first year in uni the SU made a monthly magazine and hallf of it were just pics from student nights, id swear i was in 70% of the pictures with more often than not with people i could not name. Considerd myself a master background guy in my day although being a drunk ass Rugby player (we ran that uni's social scene tbh) that everyone thought they knew mighta had something to do with it... ahh so many memory gaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I remember in my first year in uni the SU made a monthly magazine and hallf of it were just pics from student nights, id swear i was in 70% of the pictures with more often than not with people i could not name. Considerd myself a master background guy in my day although being a drunk ass Rugby player (we ran that uni's social scene tbh) that everyone thought they knew mighta had something to do with it... ahh so many memory gaps

Hahah, the worst is when you get really drunk, come into college the next day and there are people going 'Alright man, you were smashed last night', and I you have honestly never seen their face in your entire life. :pac:

Dancers.jpg
    live_20on_20CNN.jpg
    Stampklanen-1.jpg
    060907_foto.jpg
    PayNoAttentionToTheManInTheBackground-777098.jpg
    118-1830_IMG.jpg
    iron.jpg

and the classic:

skanking8vz.jpg

eZe^ wrote: »
    Hahah, the worst is when you get really drunk, come into college the next day and there are people going 'Alright man, you were smashed last night', and I you have honestly never seen their face in your entire life. :pac:

Haha i've had that happen me on more than one occasion. Dude was starin at me smilin in a kind of way u would at a mate who just did somethin stoopid. So of course, my facial recognition skills werent working and i figured him to be either weird or gay but next thing he comes up and goes on about how drunk i was and gives me a big rundown of all the goings on of the night before. He seriously knew all about the night and claimed we'd been chattin away along with one of our mutual friends for ages........I hadn't the foggiest who he was! that was way worse than normal cos he knew my name and knew all about the night!! Duck and run tbh!!

happened to me all the time. good few time me and my mates would just be walking down the main street and really hot girls (probably mates of the senior rugby boys in retrospect) used to say "hi", "how you doing", "great night last night!" etc to me. The mates thought it was class but all i could think is "how do i know them" what happened last night" "Damn! wish i even knew their names...they feckin know mine" etc

couldent handle the pace with the rugby team off the field in Uni tbh (all raging alcos tbh) 1 and a bit years was enough so luckily education wise i get fairly seriously injured and had to knock it on the head

edit: class pics Neil

• Advertisement

The first one and the one on the plane are actually the best. The plane one, can you imagine it, hahahahahah. That girl with the fake tan is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen ffs. Atrocious. My msn messenger account is going ballistic, anyone else have a problem with theirs?

mines working fine... for a change

LOL BH i once hooked up with a chick and apparently gave her my number (though with what followed i wouldnt be suprised if she rang her phone off mine or something). the shit she used to text me was mad. the sort of thing you'd expect from a long term girlfriend not a Friday night drunken hookup. I couldn't for the life of me remember what she looked like. Hooked up on the Friday night, the Saturday evening she claimed she'd just seen me drive past her.......I was like rrrright. Then the Monday mornin I literally was in college about 15 minutes and i get a text off this nutter saying "Hey, just saw ya there, did say hi cos u were with your mates but I can meet u later if u like. xxx" I remember it well. I ran a mile. texted her and told her I wouldnt be meeting up with her, got the mandatory "Fine" and never heard from her again. freeeak! thing was i saw her out about 2 months later and the penny dropped, she was actually decent looking, FUCKED IN THE HEAD I think though. but those drunken blackouts really make ya do odd things!

I'm listening right now to the "Slim Shady LP".....forgot how good this album is.

The first one and the one on the plane are actually the best. The plane one, can you imagine it, hahahahahah. That girl with the fake tan is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen ffs. Atrocious. My msn messenger account is going ballistic, anyone else have a problem with theirs?

LOL I know, the guy you can see in his eyes he knows how funny its gonna be!

yea mine is tempermental sometimes, usually fine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Is it wrong for a man in his twenties to actually think that Take That's recent work has been top notch?

• Advertisement

themont85 wrote: »
    Is it wrong for a man in his twenties to actually think that Take That's recent work has been top notch?

Patience is one of the best songs by any boyband ever, it's up there with boyz 2 men/ earth wind fire. :pac:

Figured it out, I got a new email address, and only wanted to add a few peeps on msn, I had accumulated over like 250 contacts from my first hotmail account about 8 years ago, I also wanted to change my email address to my name, rather that something like 'biglongstupidelaboratejoke/lyric/curseword@hotmail.com'

I remember once after a commerce mystery tour (don't ask me why I was at a commerce mystery tour) me and my friends were in the cantine with faces like bulldogs and every few minutes a few people would walk past and go 'You had a rough night last night Galvin', and I had honestly never seen any of these people in my life, one or two wanted to come up and give me a high five. At least 15 people in one day said something to me. And when I walked past my calculus lecturer that morning his exact words were 'smells like a brewery in here lads' and he started pissing himself laughing. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Btw, how do you see how many posts each poster has in an individual thread?

Click on the "number of replies" number before you click into the thread.

Des wrote: »
    Click on the "number of replies" number before you click into the thread.

Great bit o stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

themont85 wrote: »

Nope.

yes.

fyp

fyp

Too cool for admitting to guilty pleasures Des? A real man who ONLY ever listens to Black Sabbath, Metallica and Megadeth.

Too cool for admitting to guilty pleasures Des? A real man who ONLY ever listens to Black Sabbath, Metallica and Megadeth.

Nope, I just hate manufactured shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

yeah, with their leather pants and abudance of testerone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

To be fair Gary Barlow does actually write their songs. They're not as manufactored as say Westlife who just do covers all the time.

To be fair Des, "Back for Good" is quality.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

never forget is an awesome hit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Here here.

Hmmmmm, i got paid today, it's friday, I've been in the house since exactly 5.47 and I have absolutely no desire to leave the house.....at all. Is that bad?

Hmmmmm, i got paid today, it's friday, I've been in the house since exactly 5.47 and I have absolutely no desire to leave the house.....at all. Is that bad?

Nope, I'm staying in too, I've an essay to hand in on Wednesday morning

I don't like Roy Keane's beard.

It looks ridiculous.

LOL if you don't have it in by Wed you'll be getting extra homework!!

I won't do my essay until Sunday tbh. I may not though, footy may be the last thing I wanna think of.

I won't do my essay until Sunday tbh. I may not though, footy may be the last thing I wanna think of.

get over it.

did your team just miss out on promotion by conceding a goal in the third minute of injury time to draw one all while the other match was over?

no?

didn't think so.

I've been out for me tea and squeezed a pint in. Now I'm home and sort of shaping up to go back down to me local for a few quiet ones.

Essay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Eh, I don't like this new thread. Grown men speaking good of Take That and such 'n' such.
    Shame on you, shame on you all.

One of the best metal intros ever. Ever.

Now now Des, this is getting too ON topic! But all i'll say is EVERY defeat hurts, significant or insignificant!

yes, an essay

Ah DeadSkin, good man. Gotta love Slayer. I met Kerry King before, he was a jackass. :( Brutally good live they are. I love "Stain Of Mind".

Seventy-one words written.

Each and every one a gem.

Sorry, but for all the talk of metal we've ever had in here, these guys have been shamefully lost in the converstaions around here. Represent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Ah DeadSkin, good man. Gotta love Slayer. I met Kerry King before, he was a jackass. :( Brutally good live they are. I love "Stain Of Mind".

I was a huge fan growing up as an angry teenager in late 80's early 90's :)
    I did lose alot of interest post Seaons in the Abyss, but tbh I never did give those albums[post Seasons...] much of a listen. One of the first ever albums I bought was Reign in Blood on tape.
    Was very disappointed with Christ Illusion when it came out.
    Aye KK is a tool from what interviews I've seen & read. Only got to see them twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seventy-one words written.

Each and every one a gem.

Mustn't read too well...
    Gem gem gem gem gem gem gem gem gem gem
    gem gem gem gem gem gem gem gem gem gem
    gem....

....sorry

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Mustn't read too well...
    Gem gem gem gem gem gem gem gem gem gem
    gem....

....sorry

LOL cos i thought the same!! I was gonna say I could think of 2....ruby and sapphire!!

***gets coat!

Pfft, when it comes to metal.

Tool > Literally everybody.

They are my favourite metal band by far.

TOY SHOW TIME

:D:D:D:D

YAY

• Advertisement

TOY SHOW TIME

:D:D:D:D

YAY

I lol'd.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I met Tom Araya, he's easily the most polite man on earth. such a gent.

Is 1171 words too much?

I kind of got carried away.

Is 1171 words too much?

I kind of got carried away.

Cheater.

Excuse me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I vote Eskimo be expunged from the competition!

Harsh tbh lads. I'm a fast typer is all. I didn't say it was good.

See that Des, they picked a Cork kid to do the book section of the toy show, disgraceful isn't it, we can't even read! :pac:

See that Des, they picked a Cork kid to do the book section of the toy show, disgraceful isn't it, we can't even read! :pac:

which kid?

the middle one on speed?

which kid?

the middle one on speed?

I'm not sure, but if I was guessing it would be the boy who was breakdancing, the one kid on the book section that didn't actually talk about books at all. :pac: He was a clever, avoiding his illiteracy!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement