Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

Heineken?! Another who has slagged my uppercrust ways only to be ousted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ wrote: »
    Charlie's the man. I'll post a pic sometime soon, and the shocked faces will be pretty funny, I'm the opposite of irish looking. :pac:

I honest to God expect you to look like Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Heineken?! Another who has slagged my uppercrust ways only to be ousted!!

Steady on son.

Free bar at a 21st, don't drink the stuff myself (Cider/Whiskey drinker). Don't really know what I was doing in that pic. Was fully cut though, so god knows. Had been drinking pints of White Wine with Smirnoff Ice in the proceeding hours, with the mother of all hangovers the following morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Frisbee wrote: »
    I honest to God expect you to look like Messi

Hahahahahaha, I couldn't look less like him (thank god), I'm tanned, the genes from the Spanish side of the family were dominant there. So I look like one of those foreign exchange students, but talk like Padraig the greyhound racer. Worst of both worlds I guess.

Charlie's the man. I'll post a pic sometime soon, and the shocked faces will be pretty funny, I'm the opposite of irish looking. :pac:

Agreed about Die Hard Neil, Nakatomi plaza is ALWAYS on Christmas eve and I love it, it always helped me fall asleep when I was a youngin, now it just relaxes me before I have to get all the little sisters stuff ready for her.

Arent u part Spanish? one of my mates is half Spanish, bastard is always tanned!

I don't have d long hair like in my pic that I posted any more though.

Christmas Eve is pub night for me to be honest. I watch Die Hard either before the pub or on Xmas Day. Its just such a kick ass film.

Yipeekayay ************!

Steady on son.

Free bar at a 21st, don't drink the stuff myself (Cider/Whiskey drinker). Don't really know what I was doing in that pic. Was fully cut though, so god knows. Had been drinking pints of White Wine with Smirnoff Ice in the proceeding hours, with the mother of all hangovers the following morning.

Wine ruins me for the hangovers tbh.

Reet lads, im hittin d hay, got 2 hrs kip last nite so better get the head a bit of downtime.

Laters.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    GY's a woman Charlie so you'll have to get boned elsewhere....

What's your da up to these days.

I know, too far.

Arent u part Spanish? one of my mates is half Spanish, bastard is always tanned!

I don't have d long hair like in my pic that I posted any more though.

Christmas Eve is pub night for me to be honest. I watch Die Hard either before the pub or on Xmas Day. Its just such a kick ass film.

Yipeekayay ************!

eZe^ is a regular gringo...

+1 for Xmas eve pub.
    Die Hard is usually on about 4 times over Christmas anyways so you guaranteed to catch it at least once!

Ya man, a couple of times over the summer I pretended to be a Spanish/ French/ Italian exchange student, it worked pretty well with the drunker girls, the ones with any sense ousted me due to the accent. :D One night we went out as a group of Italian opera singing brothers, I was Francesco and we were from Florence. :pac:

Wine ruins me for the hangovers tbh.

Reet lads, im hittin d hay, got 2 hrs kip last nite so better get the head a bit of downtime.

Laters.

Night Man

• Advertisement

At least I've a penis. :pac:

+1 for Xmas eve pub.
    Die Hard is usually on about 4 times over Christmas anyways so you guaranteed to catch it at least once!

DVD tbh. I never watch films on TV. I own a DVD collection that u could open a rental shop with tbh so a lot of the time a film starts and I own it so i just bang on the DVD so it's ad free.

Only DVD I dont lend to anyone is Point Break. The disk is well worn from me watchin it on average about 14 times a year. It's my baby, never leaves my house. Only time my Point Break DVD gets watched in someone elses house is if I bring it over, watch it with you and bring it home!! :pac:

Anyways, I'm gonzo, adios.

At least I've a penis. :pac:

That wasn't even an insult! I was just saying you were Spanish!

God Damn people!
    GOD DAMN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I miss the pub on Christmas Eve back home. Same 5 lads went down every year. Always woke up on Christmas morning with 5 or 6 freshly stroked beer glasses in the sink. Good times.

Right, night lads.

Oh, has anyone got a copy of Point Break I can borrow. Scabby cnuts need not reply.

I miss the pub on Christmas Eve back home. Same 5 lads went down every year. Always woke up on Christmas morning with 5 or 6 freshly stroked beer glasses in the sink. Good times.

Robbing on Christmas eve. Tut tut. Hope you got a lump of coal from Santee.

Is that an Irish tradition or something?
    It's the only night I ever do it...

unless im out another night and it's a dynamite glass...

Robbing on Christmas eve. Tut tut. Hope you got a lump of coal from Santee.

I got the contents of his sack anyway.....
    Is that an Irish tradition or something?
    It's the only night I ever do it...

unless im out another night and it's a dynamite glass...

It's just something I always did. Ma would give me funny looks the next morning. Half the time I wouldn't remember doin it.

Cool Fosters one from last year
    Paulaner from the year before
    Cobra from the year before

Which is silly because I can take as many pint glasses as I want out of work...

• Advertisement

Cool Fosters one from last year
    Paulaner from the year before
    Cobra from the year before

Which is silly because I can take as many pint glasses as I want out of work...

It's more just for the laugh with your friends than stealing pint glasses though. We usually see who can bag the best thing on a night out, the other day my friend somehow unscrewed the badge from one of the pint taps of a heineken. Didn't even think they were screwed on.

It's more just for the laugh with your friends than stealing pint glasses though. We usually see who can bag the best thing on a night out, the other day my friend somehow unscrewed the badge from one of the pint taps of a heineken. Didn't even think they were screwed on.

I got the little thing off the top of a bottle of Jagermeister that makes it easier to pour. :D
    Coors Light Bar Mat aswell.
    And looooooooads of shot glasses coz their easy.
    Only pint glasses on Xmas Eve though

My mate stroked the long rubber thing on the bar that the barman puts your pint on to let it drain. It was about 2 feet long so he shoved it down his trouser leg to get it out.

My mate stroked the long rubber thing on the bar that the barman puts your pint on to let it drain. It was about 2 feet long so he shoved it down his trouser leg to get it out.

Yup thats the Coors Light thing I have.
    It even has the little mountain that goes blue when it's cold... :p

Lol yet another feedback thread started about poor GY! We OTTers should wade in and threaten to bate the OP.

Lol yet another feedback thread started about poor GY! We OTTers should wade in and threaten to bate the OP.

I couldn't resist sticking my oar in...

Edit: Oh and why? Coz she's your e-bird? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Christmas Eve is pub night for me to be honest.
    +1 for Xmas eve pub.
    I miss the pub on Christmas Eve back home.

whats the big deal with xmas eve and the pub? i'm disagreeing with it or anything, its just somethin i always wondered....

Well for me it was the time to see a lot of people I wouldn't have seen since the Christmas before. Mates from school would be off in college/working away/travelling etc but everyone always made it down to the same pub on Christmas Eve. It's the perfect way to catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

It was about 2 feet long so he shoved it down his trouser leg to get it out.

that must've caused discomfort

Well for me it was the time to see a lot of people I wouldn't have seen since the Christmas before. Mates from school would be off in college/working away/travelling etc but everyone always made it down to the same pub on Christmas Eve. It's the perfect way to catch up.

Basically the same situation.
    Also the front door of the pub is about 7 seconds from the front door of work.
    Which makes it very easy to stumble in after a day of boozing in work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I couldn't resist sticking my oar in...

Yay for Sisterhood!!!

Thanx Laura ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

GY, throw me a bone?

Will a couple of M&Ms do instead ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Bleeding hell this thread went in to melt down last night.

Morning Peoples!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Morning Chaps and Chapettes.

Cruijff wrote: »
    Bleeding hell this thread went in to melt down last night.

Morning Peoples!!!
    Morning Rebel!

Cool Headfcuk(I think eZe our Maths student may appreciate this.)

Cruijff wrote: »
    Morning Rebel!

Cool Headfcuk(I think eZe our Maths student may appreciate this.)

Chong, that's a little weird, last night I was two seconds from posting that exact clip but I bailed because you all aint nerds like myself. :pac: Goodjob though.

Chong, that's a little weird, last night I was two seconds from posting that exact clip but I bailed because you all aint nerds like myself. :pac: Goodjob though.
    Its a crazy good clip though.

was watching a bit without sound and wasn't getting much from it, so think it might have to wait till i get home!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    was watching a bit without sound and wasn't getting much from it, so think it might have to wait till i get home!
    You defo need the sound for the explanations.

Mornin peeps.

I have negative motivation today. Really need to find me a new job! I just don't give a shit anymore.

But hey, its Tuesday, so I have another overly dramatised episode of Prison Break to look forward to!

Mornin peeps.

I have negative motivation today. Really need to find me a new job! I just don't give a shit anymore.

But hey, its Tuesday, so I have another overly dramatised episode of Prison Break to look forward to!
    Oh man you still watch Prison Break, I stopped after episode 4 , I couldnt take it no more.

• Advertisement

Ah yea, I'm stuck at this stage. Episode 4? Season 1 was one of the best seasons of any TV show ever.........it just lost the plot after that. I still watch because it entertains me but it's thoroughly ridiculous!

yeah i watched till they got out of Sona, but then missed the double ep at the start of the next season and just didn't have the motivation to go back. im sure ill watch it at my leisure in the future some time...

Have Heroes season 2 to catch up on too, borrowed the box set off my brother last week

-mornin Des

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Howayiz.

Ah yea, I'm stuck at this stage. Episode 4? Season 1 was one of the best seasons of any TV show ever.........it just lost the plot after that. I still watch because it entertains me but it's thoroughly ridiculous!
    No no Ep4 of season 4 , I used to love prison break

Season 1 = Class
    Season 2 = Pretty good
    Season 3 = Watchable
    Season 4 = WTF were they thinking.

Sounds a bit like lost tbh. :pac:

Ah, yea I agree. But I still watch because Mahone and Sucré are legend characters. Plus Michael Rapaport is always good. Even in a bad role!!

Mornin Des.

WHOA WHOA!!!!

Dont dis Lost eZe, thats back next month and I cannot wait!

Ah Lost.

I watched half of the first episode and gave up on it. Best decision I ever made tbh! :D

When Lost returns it'll join Top Gear as the only things i Will Not miss. (well besides football)

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    When Lost returns it'll join Top Gear as the only things i Will Not miss. (well besides football)
    Too right Rebel, last season was EPIC!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement