Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the only computer games I ever played were Sensible Soccer back in the day.

And Sim City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ wrote: »
    usp vs glock fight?

Life is dangerous in the world of counter strike Des. Do you think you could handle it?

Im currently watching some highly disappointing Sky Sports 1 but after id I can get my brother off the computer I will. Or I can play on my laptop min spec'd.

pffffft, Des could never handle it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Frisbee wrote: »
    Im currently watching some highly disappointing Sky Sports 1 but after id I can get my brother off the computer I will. Or I can play on my laptop min spec'd.

pffffft, Des could never handle it

I was thinking more after christmas Laura tbh, I'm on my mac, and I'd have to get it partitioned, put on windows, run windows, put on all the windows drivers, install steam, put on cs and css and configure all my settings. That would take a solid 15 days.:pac:

I was thinking more after christmas Laura tbh, I'm on my mac, and I'd have to get it partitioned, put on windows, run windows, put on all the windows drivers, install steam, put on cs and css and configure all my settings. That would take a solid 15 days.:pac:

Ghey

Des wrote: »
    the only computer games I ever played were Sensible Soccer back in the day.

And Sim City

You had to have played theme hospital? Definitely the best of those sim style games. I used love the big head condition, and they'd come in to get it drained. :pac:

nope

You missed out kid.

meh

beh

geh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

You had to have played theme hospital? Definitely the best of those sim style games. I used love the big head condition, and they'd come in to get it drained. :pac:
    Legendary game that was eZe!

Finally, somebody to save me from these neanderthal men with their beards and whisky. Wait a minute. Am I the youngest of the OTT regulars?

Finally, somebody to save me from these neanderthal men with their beards and whisky. Wait a minute. Am I the youngest of the OTT regulars?

Your 19 aren't ya?
    I'm 20

I think ya are...

Your 19 aren't ya?
    I'm 20

I think ya are...

Yup, still in the angsty teen stage. At least we know Charlie has the mental age of a 7 year old, so in reality he's the youngest. :pac:

Yup, still in the angsty teen stage. At least we know Charlie has the mental age of a 7 year old, so in reality he's the youngest. :pac:

Agreed, he's the e-baby of the group

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

You are 20?:confused::eek:

Someone bring me some water......

You are 20?:confused::eek:

Someone bring me some water......

I'm 19! Why is that surprising, do I seem younger?

Can anyone here answer this?

Can anyone here answer this?

Afraid not, remember:
    not living with parents >>>>>>>>>>>>>> living with parents

• Advertisement

Think I could make the big 2,000 tonight?

I'm 19! Why is that surprising, do I seem younger?

No,i thought i read somewhere you are 28 or something,anyway i thought you are way older:D

Think I could make the big 2,000 tonight?

As long as you post it in here..
    I'll stay up and talk **** with ya :)

No,i thought i read somewhere you are 28 or something,anyway i thought you are way older:D

28, jaysus sure you're not mixing me up with Des and that crowd of more 'mature' boyos.
    As long as you post it in here..
    I'll stay up and talk **** with ya :)

I think I'll put on the QI episode on Dave + 1 too, add a few memorable facts to the thread too.

I'm watching Blazing Aces.
    Looks like it has potential from the first 15 minutes.
    I expect and epic Failfest though...

28, jaysus sure you're not mixing me up with Des and that crowd of more 'mature' boyos.

Sorry but i just thought you are one of them,now i realise i can send you to buy me beers young man:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Santa Strike Force - OTT Xbox Donation

Reet lads, looks like we are finally getting this show on the road.

First off, I want to say thanks to everyone for getting back to me so quickly, and for getting behind this project. It's a credit to what the OTT stands for.

Now, with that ghey sentimental sh/t out of the way, down to the meat and bones.

Between the 11 of us, we have €220 raised. Now, the objective was to get an Xbox 360 and a copy of PES or FIFA. It's gonna be a squeeze, but I think we can do it.

First off, I haven't played either in a few years, so for those who have, speak up, and we'll go with whichever one yis recommend (I know FIFA has been making ground on PES over the last two years). That shouldn't be a big deal though, as both cost the same.

Regarding the Xbox, I think we're gonna have to go for the entry level Arcade model. I don't think this is a big deal though, as whoever it goes to, will probably be young enough not to really notice nor need the difference.

I have been looking around t'internet, and here is what I have come up with:

Copy of PES from Play: €56 (Fifa is also available at Play for the exact same price)
    Xbox360 fro Dabs.ie: €160 (Has anyone any good/bad experiences with Dabs?)

Total: €216 ( The spare €4 will more than likely get eaten up in Paypal charges)

Delivery on both should be free from what I have read on the T&C's.

I want to stress, the above are only my recommendations from what I have seen today. If anyone knows of any better deals/bundles speak up. My preference though is to do all this over the internet, as it makes delivery to Dev quite easy.

Payment

I have still to finalize what we are going to do regarding payment, but I am aware that certain people need to use Paypal, and that that shouldn't be a problem. I have yet to talk to Des about using the account he has for the Football team, so I will make an announcement about how the funds are to be paid tomorrow.

However, can all those want to use Paypal say so now (so I can get an idea).

I am hoping to have all monies paid up by this Monday. This will mean that the money should be good to go by Wed. the 10th latest (bank transfers can sometimes take 48 hrs to show on the receiving account). This will then mean we should have enough time for the stuff to make it's way to Dev, on time for Santee to make his delivery :D.

That about sums it up lads. So let me know what yis think, and who needs to pay using Paypal.

Charlie.

I vote for Fifa tbh, pro evo this year = disappointing to the max.
    Sorry but i just thought you are one of them,now i realise i can send you to buy me beers young man:D

Haha, are you underage or something?

I never use Paypal so an bank account is easiest for me...
    I'd go with PES aswell...

I vote for Fifa tbh, pro evo this year = disappointing to the max.

Viva FIFA!!!

Haha, are you underage or something?

No i am older,and younger people needs to listen older:D:pac:

• Advertisement

Santa Strike Force - OTT Xbox Donation

Reet lads, looks like we are finally getting this show on the road.

First off, I want to say thanks to everyone for getting back to me so quickly, and for getting behind this project. It's a credit to what the OTT stands for.

Now, with that ghey sentimental sh/t out of the way, down to the meat and bones.

Between the 11 of us, we have €220 raised. Now, the objective was to get an Xbox 360 and a copy of PES or FIFA. It's gonna be a squeeze, but I think we can do it.

First off, I haven't played either in a few years, so for those who have, speak up, and we'll go with whichever one yis recommend (I know FIFA has been making ground on PES over the last two years). That shouldn't be a big deal though, as both cost the same.

Regarding the Xbox, I think we're gonna have to go for the entry level Arcade model. I don't think this is a big deal though, as whoever it goes to, will probably be young enough not to really notice nor need the difference.

I have been looking around t'internet, and here is what I have come up with:

Copy of PES from Play: €56 (Fifa is also available at Play for the exact same price)
    Xbox360 fro Dabs.ie: €160 (Has anyone any good/bad experiences with Dabs?)

Total: €216 ( The spare €4 will more than likely get eaten up in Paypal charges)

Delivery on both should be free from what I have read on the T&C's.

I want to stress, the above are only my recommendations from what I have seen today. If anyone knows of any better deals/bundles speak up. My preference though is to do all this over the internet, as it makes delivery to Dev quite easy.

Payment

I have still to finalize what we are going to do regarding payment, but I am aware that certain people need to use Paypal, and that that shouldn't be a problem. I have yet to talk to Des about using the account he has for the Football team, so I will make an announcement about how the funds are to be paid tomorrow.

However, can all those want to use Paypal say so now (so I can get an idea).

I am hoping to have all monies paid up by this Monday. This will mean that the money should be good to go by Wed. the 10th latest (bank transfers can sometimes take 48 hrs to show on the receiving account). This will then mean we should have enough time for the stuff to make it's way to Dev, on time for Santee to make his delivery :D.

That about sums it up lads. So let me know what yis think, and who needs to pay using Paypal.

Charlie.
    PayPal for me Charleston.

I never use Paypal so an bank account is easiest for me...
    I'd go with PES aswell...
    I reluctantly agree on PES also.

Do we need the Boardeaux account?

Do we need the Boardeaux account?

Perhaps not. If lets say 5 of the lads go Paypal, that's another 5 who are going through regular banking. I could use my own account for them, as long as that's not too messy. In your experience, should it be?

depends on which bank you use personally.

BoI are a cúnt for transferring money out of online.

depends on which bank you use personally.

BoI are a cúnt for transferring money out of online.

I'm with BOI, crud.

I remember with the Euro sweepstakes, there was issues with people needing to get a code sent by post before they could transfer into the account. Am I right in thinking this?

If those who are gonna transfer into an account, just went to a branch and lodged it there, there shouldn't be any problems should there?

I
    If those who are gonna transfer into an account, just went to a branch and lodged it there, there shouldn't be any problems should there?

That's what I was planning to do...

Lads Blazin' Aces is good!
    Two people have just died very quickly who I think we're all happy to see die
    Matthew Fox and Ben Affleck
    :D

I remember with the Euro sweepstakes, there was issues with people needing to get a code sent by post before they could transfer into the account. Am I right in thinking this?
    correct.

it's a pain in the tits when it comes to new players playing for Boardeaux.

Anyway...
    transferring into the account isn't a problem, depending on the bank it's coming from, it'll take a few days to clear. people would really need to be sending the money tomorrow for it to be cleared by Monday, especially if they are sending from Ulster Bank.

If people are also banking with BoI, you can forget getting money out of them online for at least a week, if not more, because the bank have to send a code to them by post so they can add you as a beneficiary on their Banking 365. I have no idea why BoI are so cúntish about this tbh.

I'll be sending from AIB, so can I have your bank details?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Nothing like studying the President of Ireland to rot your ****e. I'm considering making an argument for Gerry Adams to be the next President just for ****s and giggles. Troll my examiner. :pac:

cson wrote: »
    Nothing like studying the President of Ireland to rot your ****e. I'm considering making an argument for Gerry Adams to be the next President just for ****s and giggles. Troll my examiner. :pac:

And suddenly I'm glad to be a physicist again. :pac:

Bedazzled is on, Liz Hurley is AMAZING in some of the scenes.

• Advertisement

Bedazzled is on, Liz Hurley is AMAZING in some of the scenes.

Oh yeah

Overrated tbftbh.

Overrated tbftbh.

In that movie, she is delightful in a number of the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pro Evo and Paypal

I'll be sending from AIB, so can I have your bank details?

:)

You need what:

- Account name

- Account Number

- Sort Code

Am I forgetting anything? Tis useful to utilise that info bit of the lodgment so that I cna tell you it is from, yes?

You need what:

- Account name

- Account Number

- Sort Code

Am I forgetting anything? Tis useful to utilise that info bit of the lodgment so that I cna tell you it is from, yes?

Send me the same, I'm AIB, sent my Landlord our deposit on a house over the summer using AIB, it literally took 15 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hmmm I flicked Bedazzled on.

Liz Hurley..... I would ya :)

She must be ~40 now though.

Pro Evo.

Ive no idea how to use Paypal, but I'll sort something out. I'm knackered now tho so I'm gonna hit the hay and be fresh for tommorrow. Have to do my essay at some stage too. Oh the time restrictions!! Maybe I should do it instead of posting tomorrow in work! :pac:

Anyway, charlie, I'll get onto ya in the next day or 2. I'm out at a gig tomorrow night so I'll be onto ya before Thursday evening. If I need to set up a PayPal account etc then I'll learn!

Laters lads.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Neil.
    Never used Paypal before.
    I'm sure it's not too hard to set up an account though..

• Advertisement

Maybe I can learn paypal to subscribe so I can change my username! And then change it everyday like Chong!

Ok, Im gonzo this time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement