Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Des wrote: »
    er dude, count my bans.

I meant real mods... :p
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just went out to grab takeaway dinner and I'm after lockin the keys in the car. Serious facepalm moment. Now I have to wait for herself to walk down with spare set.

Nice

Morning all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Frisbee wrote: »
    I meant real mods... :p

:eek:

I mod loads of forums, including a Sub Category (Food and Drink) and a Private Forum (Smoking).

I am a real mod.

I mod loads of forums, including a Sub Category (Food and Drink) and a Private Forum (Smoking).

I am a real mod.

joking tbf

Woop my Draft Pick is up and someone on my list made it at last...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This thread is going to be quite for a while,the lads have a lot of reading to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Another post whore :rolleyes: :pac:

No I'm not

I swear

Me neither

Honest.

Don't forget to go to the bank

:( I cant lodge it throught the bank. Ill have to find a BOI branch to do it in. Balls to this anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Afternoon lads, some good articles in the Great Soccer Write Off, enjoyed reading them.

Not long in from town, got most of the Christmas prezzies for the missus sorted, so happy days.

The parents are getting me an Ipod Touch for Christmas which is a massive win! :)

Dub13 wrote: »
    This thread is going to be quite for a while,the lads have a lot of reading to do.

I have to do the "in and out" style of postin in work so ill read them and vote tonight.

I haven't bought a single Christmas present yet. Not that I have many to buy but I have no idea what to get the parents or my brother.

Any ideas oh wise OT folk.

Apres match dvd and a buke for the ol lad, perfume for the mother. Works every year! :P

My mam said I dont have to worry about getting them presents this year as they know how skint i am.
    Result.

I'll get them a really good bottle of wine and something else though for extra brownie points

My mam said I dont have to worry about getting them presents this year as they know how skint i am.
    Result.

I'll get them a really good bottle of wine and something else though for extra brownie points

She is lying to you. Its a test.

• Advertisement

She is lying to you. Its a test.

Thats why I'm getting the bottle of wine + something else.

Covering your bases ftw

Thats why I'm getting the bottle of wine + something else.

Covering your bases ftw

Well done you pass.

Prob the only exam you will pass this year :)

Really hope that you are in college otherwise the joke doesn't work and I will look stupid

Well done you pass.

Prob the only exam you will pass this year :)

Really hope that you are in college otherwise the joke doesn't work and I will look stupid

Don't worry I'm in college.
    You look witty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

just 45mins to go till the weekend........

.......come onnn weekend!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    just 45mins to go till the weekend........

.......come onnn weekend!

Baxtard. 2 hours 20 minutes to go.

• Advertisement

Exams next week means I don't really have a weekend...
    In work at 5 tonight aswell.

2 hours to go :)

2 hours to go :)

28 minutes and counting....

cant wait to be out!

Whatever happened to the 9-5, now its all 9-5.30

Dolly Parton would not be happy.

Yea I know its a loada balls. i do get an hour and a quarter for lunch though....

Whatever happened to the 9-5, now its all 9-5.30

Dolly Parton would not be happy.

I'm off at 5 today

Yea I know its a loada balls. i do get an hour and a quarter for lunch though....

Ah but there is no time keeping in my place. Meaning 15 minutes are made up all over the place. Especially smoke breaks.

Thats something that annoys me about work.
    People are annoyed at you if you come back 5 minutes late from lunch. However they work about half an hour less than you over the course of the day through smoke breaks.
    So one day in work I decided to put it to the test and every time whoever I was working with went for a smoke about 10 minutes after they came back I'd go sit outside for 5 minutes.
    When they asked what I was doing they said I can't do that.
    Why not? Your doing it.

If your response is but i was smoking.
    Well there's nothing in the contract about smoke breaks.

To be honest I don't really care if people go on smoke breaks, but it annoys me when they get on their high horse when you run in to the shop or something...

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    28 minutes and counting....

cant wait to be out!

Ah but wat time did u start at?!!

Ah but wat time did u start at?!!

8.30 - 4 on fridays

thats only till i finish training, which ends next friday. hours will be all over the place after that.

.......and im off!

• Advertisement

To be honest I don't really care if people go on smoke breaks, but it annoys me when they get on their high horse when you run in to the shop or something...

This is I would never do. Mainly because I don't care what anyone else is doing.

This is I would never do. Mainly because I don't care what anyone else is doing.

Yeah It doesn't happen in work really anymore.
    My manager and assistant manager both smoke, and are really sound, so I can do what I want really.
    My last manager was a right battleaxe though.
    She'd time you break and thats all you got. Couldn't go to the shop (which is next door) for anything.
    But she'd spend Id say 40%-50% of her shift outside smoking and chatting on her phone.
    Man I hated her...

My last manager was a right battleaxe though.
    She'd time you break and thats all you got. Couldn't go to the shop (which is next door) for anything.
    But she'd spend Id say 40%-50% of her shift outside smoking and chatting on her phone.
    Man I hated her...

I would have gave that bitch a few kicks in the gee tbh.

I smoke. But I never go over my allotted break times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

5.gif lads.

All those who sent me PMs, I am getting bck to yis as we speak. But just to to say it here as well, for those who will be paying via Paypal, i'll probably be on to yis tomorrow with the details. Haven't used it in a while, so may need to set up a new card with it, and I just want to have a proper look at it again before I start flittin around with it.

Fcuk all going out tonight, so it will probably just be myself and one of the lads having a 'gay lovers'* in mine.

* Gay lovers is a term used amongst our group , when only two of us are meeting up. We don't actually give eachother pipe.

Evenin lads.

Ah yes, a "gay lovers", heard that one before myself! Preferably an avoidable situation!! :P

OJs goin to jail. Its about time tbh.

Linky

Also music lads check this out:

Satriani sues Coldplay
    Grammy nominees Coldplay have been sued by rock guitarist Joe Satriani, who claims the band's song Viva La Vida uses one of his riffs.

In court papers filed in Los Angeles on Thursday, he said the song used "substantial original portions" of his 2004 instrumental If I Could Fly.

Satriani, 52, wants a jury trial and is seeking damages and "any and all profits" for the alleged plagiarism.

Coldplay are shortlisted for seven Grammys, including song of the year.

Viva La Vida is credited to the band's four members - singer Chris Martin, bass player Guy Berryman, guitarist Johnny Buckland and drummer Will Champion.

The song's title was inspired by Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.

It appeared on the album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends - which was released in June and went to number one in 36 countries - and was also one of their hit singles.

Satriani's track appears on his album Is There Love in Space?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Have to say they sound completely different to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Linky

Still has a savage name though.

Having hated Chris Martin for a long long time, I hope this goes through. Having studied a fair bit of Copyright law (even had an exam on music copyright where we listened to pieces of music, comparing them for possible infringement. Epic lecturer! :)) I would say that Coldplay could well be fcuked on this one if it can be proven that infringement has occurred. Particularly as that song has been plastered on to all those Apple ads.

Their only hope is if they can prove that the similarity is a coincidence, and that it would never have been possible for them to have come into any contact with Satriani's work. Difficult to prove, but it has been done.

TBH, I always think of this when I hear Coldplay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

CHARLIEEEEE! I completely forgot about the SSF thing, I had the bank transfer docket thing in my bag and all. When's the deadline for sending the dough? Give me a text sometime Monday to remind me willah? University work is causing me to be mighty forgetful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Evening girls

eZe^ wrote: »
    CHARLIEEEEE! I completely forgot about the SSF thing, I had the bank transfer docket thing in my bag and all. When's the deadline for sending the dough? Give me a text sometime Monday to remind me willah? University work is causing me to be mighty forgetful.

Same, up until just before work when the back was closed.
    Really sorry man, promise I'll do it Monday!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Linky

Also music lads check this out:

Satriani sues Coldplay
    In fairness - there's only so many notes in music. Similar work is bound to be created by two people from time to time. While I despise Chris Martin I understand that musical similarities are easily fluked.

My sleep cycle is completely fcuked...

It's not even funny how fcuked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEEE

• Advertisement

In fairness - there's only so many notes in music. Similar work is bound to be created by two people from time to time. While I despise Chris Martin I understand that musical similarities are easily fluked.

Almost 4 barres in a row with identical notes? I dont buy it. There are a limited number of notes but patterns like that are hard to fluke note for note.

EDIT: Happy birthday Ro(ck)man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Jesus man, that is a weird sleep pattern....

Bon Anniversaire Rockman!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Holy **** man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Actually it is a bit:pac:

Happy bday Rockman,you rock!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

cheers lads

Was just planing a few quiet beers with herself and a few mates .(To old to celebrate birthdays anymore )

But just been informed that there is a 21st on in the local tonight !

FREE FOOD , FREE MUSIC , RESULT:D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement