Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Snyper is attending. If he looks like Gary Glitter I'll giggles till I die :D

I met him at a BGRH beers earlier in the year.

I won't ruin the surprise for you.

freudianskip_gary_glitter_costume.jpg

Des wrote: »
    I met him at a BGRH beers earlier in the year.

I won't ruin the surprise for you.

freudianskip_gary_glitter_costume.jpg

First lol on Boards for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah offo is picking up now.
    i'm in a fair amount of hours this week and next week so hopefully I can save a good bit of that money...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

morning football freaks,

so how are we all this morning?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

morning football freaks,

Fine,and your good self..?

• Advertisement

morning football freaks,

Morning missy,

Not well, not well at all! I've been on the piss since Thursday and the body is on shut down this morning. I have the feeling I am going to see that Beroca I just took again :o

Keep the beroca down, and see if you can get your hands on some lemsip max strength.

The two of these things should help.

Also, a nice rasher sammich :)

Keep the beroca down, and see if you can get your hands on some lemsip max strength.

The two of these things should help.

Haha,
    Would love one but rashers just aren't the same if they aren't made with a pan & with my case of the shakes that would be as risky as putting Gary Glitter in charge of a primary school! ****ing Tuborg, never again.

****ing Tuborg, never again.

You can get much better, non-hangover inducing beers, in Lidl and Aldi man.

Sometime for cheaper.

Yes a nice bit of dioxin will do you the world of good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

FM 09 was only 25 notes in Game today so I thought I'd treat myself for chrimbo.. :pac:

eZe^ wrote: »
    FM 09 was only 25 notes in Game today so I thought I'd treat myself for chrimbo.. :pac:

Really don't know how I haven't bought this game yet. With the spare time I have atm it would be perfect! I was a total champo/FM junkie years ago too. Just too fecking lazy to walk to Dun Laoghaire :p

Really don't know how I haven't bought this game yet. With the spare time I have atm it would be perfect! I was a total champo/FM junkie years ago too. Just too fecking lazy to walk to Dun Laoghaire :p

Embarrassingly enough, I'm a FM virgin, as a kid I was the guy who only wanted to play football, so couldn't understand why someone would buy a game where you don't actually play as a footballer. How naive... This is my first frolic into the managerial life style :pac:

twenty five quid you say?

Reckon I'll get it for myself too.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Embarrassingly enough, I'm a FM virgin, as a kid I was the guy who only wanted to play football, so couldn't understand why someone would buy a game where you don't actually play as a footballer. How naive... This is my first frolic into the managerial life style :pac:

I'd say it's enlightening :) ! I remember the old days of picking Portsmouth when they originally had big Pete and battling for promotion early on while battling for the premier league a few seasons into it.

twenty five quid you say?

Reckon I'll get it for myself too.

Indeed, it was an offer I couldn't refuse. :pac:
    I'd say it's enlightening :) ! I remember the old days of picking Portsmouth when they originally had big Pete and battling for promotion early on while battling for the premier league a few seasons into it.

I'm gonna walk in the footsteps of the great Guardiola, starting at Barca B and hoping to get promoted to a division on team in either Spain, Italy or Argentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Morning missy,

Not well, not well at all! I've been on the piss since Thursday and the body is on shut down this morning. I have the feeling I am going to see that Beroca I just took again :o

Berocca hey? I'm more a Rubex man myself!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

is anyone else bored out of their nut in work

monkey9 wrote: »
    Berocca hey? I'm more a Rubex man myself!!

The grass is greener on the other side mate!

Still haven't seen it in reverse yet and I was brave enough to eat a ham sandwich. Im blooming :)

is anyone else bored out of their nut in work
    yes.
    The grass is greener on the other side mate!

Still haven't seen it in reverse yet and I was brave enough to eat a ham sandwich. Im blooming :)

A ham sanger?

for breakfast?

interesting, interesting.

I have some lovely roast chicken sambos for me lunch today.

• Advertisement

yes.

A ham sanger?

for breakfast?

interesting, interesting.

I have some lovely roast chicken sambos for me lunch today.

Well, it's simple and fills the gap. Not the classiest thing I've had for brekkie but damn that German ham is good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Story gents.

Just in from two games of 5-a-side. Absolutely bollixed now so last time I agree to fill in for someone.

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Story gents.

Howya dude.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Had my Christmas party on Saturday. I've got just a regular hangover today. Yesterday was rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's hangover season. I had a terrible one on Saturday morning. I was walking down O' Connell St and in a shop window i saw a framed photo of 80's WWF superstar, Superfly Jimmy Snuka. The photo was of him in full flight from the top rope, arms spread out, long dark hair flowing and his trademark move about to inflict defeat on yet another hapless opponent.
    I kind of found it weird that a photo of Superfly Jimmy Snuka would be on display in Dublin's main thoroughfare and upon closer inspection, i realised that it wasn't actually a photo of Superfly Jimmy Snuka in mid air performing his trademark finishing manouvere, but was in fact, our Lord Saviour Jesus Christ being crucified on the fvcking cross!!!!
    The shop was a religious souvenir shop, that one that plays the freaky music. I realised at this moment, that i had drunk too much the night before and that this hangover was truly horrific.
    This is only the beginning though, i fear. Soberness may not be truly experienced again until early January!

monkey9 wrote: »
    It's hangover season. I had a terrible one on Saturday morning. I was walking down O' Connell St and in a shop window i saw a framed photo of 80's WWF superstar, Superfly Jimmy Snuka. The photo was of him in full flight from the top rope, arms spread out, long dark hair flowing and his trademark move about to inflict defeat on yet another hapless opponent.
    I kind of found it weird that a photo of Superfly Jimmy Snuka would be on display in Dublin's main thoroughfare and upon closer inspection, i realised that it wasn't actually a photo of Superfly Jimmy Snuka in mid air performing his trademark finishing manouvere, but was in fact, our Lord Saviour Jesus Christ being crucified on the fvcking cross!!!!
    The shop was a religious souvenir shop, that one that plays the freaky music. I realised at this moment, that i had drunk too much the night before and that this hangover was truly horrific.
    This is only the beginning though, i fear. Soberness may not be truly experienced again until early January!

LOL

Epic.

Had my Christmas party on Saturday. I've got just a regular hangover today. Yesterday was rough.

I'm in the exact same boat. My work party was Friday, but had another night on the tiles Sat.

Hungover today in work, not cool.

Morning all.
    Good call on getting FM eZe^. Say goodbye to your life.

Whats the story with the whole FM Champion's Manager split..?I used to be a big CM fan a few years ago but I remember reading there was a split.What game should I get..?

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the whole FM Champion's Manager split..?I used to be a big CM fan a few years ago but I remember reading there was a split.What game should I get..?

Football Manager, without a shadow of a doubt!

FM IS the old CM in everything but name.

Right so I will get FM over the Xmass and try to get into it again.Did anybody ever play it online..?I tried once it so slow as fcuk,in saying that it must have been 7/8 years ago.

Right so I will get FM over the Xmass and try to get into it again.Did anybody ever play it online..?I tried once it so slow as fcuk,in saying that it must have been 7/8 years ago.

never tried to play online.

Wouldn't have the patience tbh, I'd lose interest.

Never bothered trying to play in online myself. Too much hassle for my liking... :p

I really really don't want to go to work...

Frisbee wrote: »
    Never bothered trying to play in online myself. Too much hassle for my liking... :p

I really really don't want to go to work...
    I really really regret doing so.

• Advertisement

I really really regret doing so.

Today's the first delivery day of the week.
    Add that too xmas hype and it's a ridiculous amount of beer, wine and spirits...

Looks like this thread will hit the 4k mark today,it will be a push to hit 5 k for Xmas.

Looks like this thread will hit the 4k mark today,it will be a push to hit 5 k for Xmas.

Aye it's really died down over the past week or so alright...

I bet it isn't that hard to get to 5k before xmas

Aye it's really died down over the past week or so alright...

No it hasn't, lair.

You are well in the lead by the way.

• Advertisement

Today's the first delivery day of the week.
    Add that too xmas hype and it's a ridiculous amount of beer, wine and spirits...
    Ah crap - at least my job isn't physical. I just sit here slowly dying inside on the phone.

At least beer can't shout at you though.

No it hasn't, lair.

Such language...
    Ah crap - at least my job isn't physical. I just sit here slowly dying inside on the phone.

At least beer can't shout at you though.

Yeah it won't be too bad as I'm in with the manager and assistant manager and the assistant manager is great to be working with when deliveries come in. We can usually have everything squared away in around two hours or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A lot of the regulars are MIA so can't see it happening.

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    A lot of the regulars are MIA so can't see it happening.

Screw the regulars.

You are well in the lead by the way.

I reckon you'll peg me back between this week and next. I'm in work alot during times when other people will be on. Only have Wednesday and Sunday off between now and xmas.
    Which is actually kinda cool coz Daft Punk are playing Tripod on Wednesday and Arsenal are beating Liverpool on Sunday so two days I'll be drinking I have off

Screw the regulars.

che-guevara.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Arsenal are beating Liverpool on Sunday

good one :):p:pac:;)

I reckon you'll peg me back between this week and next.
    Probably, I post from work, and home.

Sad bastard like me.
    I'm in work alot during times when other people will be on. Only have Wednesday and Sunday off between now and xmas.
    Hate that.

Actually.

Thurday and Sunday are my only days off between now and Xmas.

Mam, I'm depressed now. :-(

Arsenal are beating Liverpool on Sunday
    Noice.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    good one :):p:pac:;)

Dynamite Lurk timing my friend

and Arsenal are beating Liverpool on Sunday so two days I'll be drinking I have off

In your dreams,looking forward to that game a load of us from Irishkop meeting up for it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement