Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote: »
    In your dreams,looking forward to that game a load of us from Irishkop meeting up for it.

where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Des wrote: »
    where?

Don't tell him.
    He'll turned up dressed as one of these...

troll.jpg

Lyons or Barrys?

Lyons for me, none of that Cork shíte.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

where?

I think its sinnotts,I was pushing for fitzsimons as sinnotts is to small...we were in there for the Chelsea game and if you don't all come in together early its hard to all be beside each other.

I am going to have to finalize a spot today,anybody is welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Lyons all the way. Can't seem to get it up here, only Nambarrie, Punjana, Tetley...bleh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lyons or Barrys?

Lyons for me, none of that Cork shíte.

Definitely Lyons. Just had a cup there.

Right off to work, laters lads

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i just had some wonderful home made soup

i am brilliant :-)

I think its sinnotts,I was pushing for fitzsimons as sinnotts is to small...we were in there for the Chelsea game and if you don't all come in together early its hard to all be beside each other.

I am going to have to finalize a spot today,anybody is welcome.

Fitzsimons is a brutal pub, for tourists.

But yeah, Sinnotts can get packed.

I was in there for the CL Final in May, cracking night altogether. I arrived at 3 o'clock or something, threw a bag and various articles of clothing on seats around me to keep them for my friends.

i just had some wonderful home made soup

i am brilliant :-)
    :eek:

Self praise is no praise.

That soup was horrible.

Homemade roast chicken sambos ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

took my first call on my own today with no support. typically i had to get an angry r.tard. Guy started freaking out at me that he couldn't buy something over the internet without a credit card. Like, actually shouting down the phone! Claimed he was being ostracized! Was soo tempted to say "So, just to be clear, your problem is that you're turning into a 6 foot bird?Do you have a craving to stick your head in the sand?"

admittedly i only thought of that after i hung up :o angry bastard has me in a mood now :mad:

Fitzsimons is a brutal pub, for tourists.

But yeah, Sinnotts can get packed.

I was in there for the CL Final in May, cracking night altogether. I arrived at 3 o'clock or something, threw a bag and various articles of clothing on seats around me to keep them for my friends.

I was thinking Fitzsimons would be good as its on 5 floors,I have never been in there in the day time so did not no what its like but some of the lads are saying its not great for games.So it looks like its Sinnotts,which is a great spot for a game just a bit small.

:eek:

Self praise is no praise.

That soup was horrible.

Homemade roast chicken sambos ftw!

well someone has to praise me occassionally, so why cant it be me

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    angry bastard has me in a mood now :mad:
    STOP.

STOP.

STOP.

Stop allowing that to hapen to you.

Once the call is over, leave it, don't think about it again.

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Don't think about them when you are at home, don't about home stuff whiule you are in work.

Keep them seperate at all costs.

Do not let a call centre job dictate your moods.

It means the bastards win.

STOP IT NOW.
    I was thinking Fitzsimons would be good as its on 5 floors,I have never been in there in the day time so did not no what its like but some of the lads are saying its not great for games.So it looks like its Sinnotts,which is a great spot for a game just a bit small.
    I watched a match in Fitzsimons once.

Never again.

Interview last tuesday.

I just got a call from a private number on my mobile. There is now a voicemail for me.

I'm due a break after the call I'm currently on, which is taking a bit of time.

Cross your fingers lads, say some prayers and get the candles lighting for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bush-fingers_crossed.GIF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Interview last tuesday.

I just got a call from a private number on my mobile. There is now a voicemail for me.

I'm due a break after the call I'm currently on, which is taking a bit of time.

Cross your fingers lads, say some prayers and get the candles lighting for me.

fingers-crossed_sxc-776014.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Well I'm not going to beat alan's post so I'll just say - best of luck Des.

Yes Good luck Des.

Best of luck Des.

Thinking about making a pizza, not too confident about it. What you think lads?

I have just confirmed that Irishkop Beers for Sinnotts,if anybody is in the city for this game feel free to pop along.

• Advertisement

It wasn't the job on the phone :(:(

It was them ntl bastards.

do you want me to shout at the NTL people for being absolute gobsh.ites ? or do you want to talk to your contact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Best of luck Des.

Thinking about making a pizza, not too confident about it. What you think lads?

Best of luck with the pizza, KaG

okay lets have a little bet

i am on hold to NTL for 8 mins.

how long do you think it will take for them to answer their phone - but i know MY call is important to them

i say 26 mins

17minutes.

Tell them I said "Hi" :mad::mad:

I fúcking hate that company.

I want to go to their call centre with a machete and guns.

grade A cúnts, the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm gonna say nineteen minutes

I was so glad when i left them for Sky, how can it take so long to get through, all the time, every time!!!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm gonna say nineteen minutes

I was so glad when i left them for Sky, how can it take so long to get through, all the time, every time!!!!
    I have a direct line to a supervisor.

She usually answers after three rings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm headin to bed now and by the time I get up in 6 and a half hours you'll still be there.

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    I'm headin to bed now and by the time I get up in 6 and a half hours you'll still be there.

:D

Why, oh why, did i decide against ringing in sick today. :(

• Advertisement

14 mins, 35 seconds

i can i just say

NTL ARE **** AND I HOPE THEY ALL DIE ROARING

Why, oh why, did i decide against ringing in sick today. :(
    I feel your pain. Just back from lunch and my head is banging and I have a bad dose of cant-be-arsed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

14 mins, 35 seconds

i can i just say

NTL ARE **** AND I HOPE THEY ALL DIE ROARING

must be a savage place to work i'd say. I assume they all just sit around havin' a smoke, maybe a bit of poker going on, all the while laughing at the ringing phones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

That's 5 hours gone down the drain thanks to FM 09... :pac:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Firstly, I wish to make clear that I have no intention of entertaining any more lies or incompetency from your company.

My name is Des *************, my telephone number, which you can use to find my account in your records is 12345678.

I have, in the past, dealt with a Supervisor called xxxx xxxx, please excuse me if I have mis-spelled that name. She can fill you on the background of this complaint.

For many months now I have been messed around by your company, told blatant lies and treated like a complete idiot at various times. The final straw came this past weekend when I was expecting an engineer call out for a reason I was never made aware of. I was contacted last Tuesday by a girl called xxxxxxxxxxx form the Upgrade Department (I have not ordered any upgraded service) and she said there would be an engineer calling on Saturday 13th December between 13.00 and 18.00. An engineer never arrived. When I called the Customer Service line (1908) on Saturday a girl called xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx told me there was nothing she could do for me at that stage, and I would have to wait for 24-48 hours to speak with a manager on a call-back system. I advised her that I would be in work and could not take a call at the times she was saying. She then proceded to tell me the blatant lie that she could not pass me to a manager. I know this to be a lie because at other times in the past I have been transferred to a manager/supervisor. Do you routinely train your staff to tell lies to customers? She then asked me if I would like a "priority appointment" for today, Monday 15th December. I expressely said I would not, as I was not prepared to spend another wasted day waiting on a engineer who would more than likely not show up, as has been my experience.

This afternoon I received a call from a Private Number. As I am currently in work, I could not take the call, but a voicemail was left at 13.51. When I listened to it, I was surprised to hear a man telling me he was from ntl, and would be there "within the hour". I never made an appointment for today, in fact, I expressely stated on my call on Saturday that I would not be available in any way, shape or form for a call from an engineer today. I am refusing to take any more time off from my job, as I am losing money while your company refuses to honour it's appointments.

Saturday the 13th December was the last in a long line of engineer no-shows to my address, and at this time of the year it is quite frustrating waiting in my home on a Saturday afternoon for five hours waiting for an engineer who eventually doesn't show up.

I am unhappy with being lied to, and eventually hung up on by your agent xxxxxxxxx on Saturday 13th December, and I would like this addressed.

I would also like to be informed as to the reason there was an appointment made for an engineer to call to my home on Saturday December 13th, as it was your company who contacted me to arrange this. Furthermore, I would like it explained, in detail, just why the appointment was not honoured, and why an appointment was made for today, Monday 15th December, when I asked it not to be.

I would like you to address the numerous lies I have been told by your company and various stages over the past four months, and what you are going to do to compensate me for my loss of earnings for my time out fo work.

xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx offered me two free months Broadband, but at this stage this is inadequate.

Knowing how your company operates, I am not expecting any reply to this email, as your customer service is the worst I have ever had the displeasure of encountering. If I get an automated reply, I will go straight to Comreg with this complaint.

Please note. I am unavailable to take phone calls when I am in work, and my roster changes from week to week.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

r0flpwn dose n00bs Des. lollerskates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

eZe^ wrote: »
    r0flpwn dose n00bs Des. lollerskates.

dren

Nice letter Des,let us no if they reply.And they wounder why loads of people just get the 'magic box'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Oh man the two days in work have been tough. No time for any posting at all. But now thats the majority of my work done before the new year. Roll on Christmas. \o/

• Advertisement

Bloke in work just walked up behind me, saw me with Boards open and said to me.

"What's your username on that, there's a rumour that it's Des"

I said "Yeah, it's Des"

He was like "wow...."

:D:D

I'm so famous.

WOOHOO!!

That was me, I was too start struck and embarrassed to say anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bloke in work just walked up behind me, saw me with Boards open and said to me.

"What's your username on that, there's a rumour that it's Des"

I said "Yeah, it's Des"

He was like "wow...."

:D:D

I'm so famous.

WOOHOO!!
    looks like its a start of a beautiful relationship

Des and he's Stalker

heh, he's actually the second person in this job to recognise me from Boards.

bunch of slackers :D

Des you are E famous....

Des you are E famous....

:cool::cool:

• Advertisement

My manager knows who I am on this. Being E Famous is not all it's cracked up to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    took my first call on my own today with no support. typically i had to get an angry r.tard. Guy started freaking out at me that he couldn't buy something over the internet without a credit card. Like, actually shouting down the phone! Claimed he was being ostracized! Was soo tempted to say "So, just to be clear, your problem is that you're turning into a 6 foot bird?Do you have a craving to stick your head in the sand?"

admittedly i only thought of that after i hung up :o angry bastard has me in a mood now :mad:

That story reminds me of this.

castanza7.jpg
    It wasn't the job on the phone :(:(

It was them ntl bastards.

LOL. I can only imagine your reaction was something like this when dialling your inbox.

fergie.gif

My Boca Juniors team is gonna be ownage in FM, I better win the some silverware this season. Got Appiah on a cheap free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

heh, he's actually the second person in this job to recognise me from Boards.

bunch of slackers :D
    Oh Ooooh
    This mean your boss may find out how many working hours you spend here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

fergie.gif

I love that gif! :D
    eZe^ wrote:
    My Boca Juniors team is gonna be ownage in FM, I better win the some silverware this season. Got Appiah on a cheap free.

Damm you eZe^ you really are determined to make me go out and but FM tomorrow arnt you! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement