Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LOL. I can only imagine your reaction was something like this when dialling your inbox.

Bastid.

Actually.

They (the job people) just emailed me, saying they are still interviewing, but just wanted to keep me in the loop.

That good or bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Des wrote: »
    Bastid.

Actually.

They (the job people) just emailed me, saying they are still interviewing, but just wanted to keep me in the loop.

That good or bad?

I'd say daycent. Often, HR will have a set number of people they have to interview before they can sign off on the candidate they want. The fact that they made the effort to get in touch with you, would seem positive. They obviously want to let you know that they are still interested, and don't want to mess you around by giving you the silent treatment.

If you do get it, i've got the perfect .gif for ya to post. :D

Here's hoping for ya anyway mate.

Evenin lads. Any craic?!

Evenin lads. Any craic?!

Nay. Finally feeling recovered after the weekend though.

Just lookin to get this week out of the way, and then I can really begin to look forward to Christmas. I have work on the 22 and 23rd, but they should be handy enough days, with everyone full of Xmas cheer.

Xmas dinner in work tomorrow though. Om nyom nyom. :)

Yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Visa application accepted, hitting up New Jersey in June. Wahooo! :pac:

eZe^ wrote: »
    Visa application accepted, hitting up New Jersey in June. Wahooo! :pac:

Where you staying? Wildwood?

Man, I love that the east coast of America.

You'll have to stop by Queens and pay homage to the Entourage lads.

Nay. Finally feeling recovered after the weekend though.

Just lookin to get this week out of the way, and then I can really begin to look forward to Christmas. I have work on the 22 and 23rd, but they should be handy enough days, with everyone full of Xmas cheer.

Xmas dinner in work tomorrow though. Om nyom nyom. :)

Yourself?

I'm just killin time before hittin the hay here. I've to meet a mate for pints tomorrow nite and I really don't want to! but I've been sidesteppin him for a tad too long so better get it done.

Just waitin for this week to end, got a gig that I'm highly excited about on friday followed by a seshoon then out with herself sat for her birthday. Then its xmas week!

I'm workin up till the 23rd as well dude, worse still Ive no hols so I'm workin the followin week a bit as well.

Ah well.

I really like the new 50 Cent tune I'm sad to admit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Where you staying? Wildwood?

Man, I love that the east coast of America.

You'll have to stop by Queens and pay homage to the Entourage lads.

Indeed, Wildwood. Going spend some time at Chi town, Boston and New York!
    I'm just killin time before hittin the hay here. I've to meet a mate for pints tomorrow nite and I really don't want to! but I've been sidesteppin him for a tad too long so better get it done.

Just waitin for this week to end, got a gig that I'm highly excited about on friday followed by a seshoon then out with herself sat for her birthday. Then its xmas week!

I'm workin up till the 23rd as well dude, worse still Ive no hols so I'm workin the followin week a bit as well.

Ah well.

I know how you feel about dodging particular groups of friends, but lately I met up with mates who I hadn't seen in ages (and wasn't particularly psyched about) and had some of the best nights out this year. I guarantee you'll come back saying it was a great night!

For shame on the fiddy song, haven't heard it myself.

I've to meet a mate for pints tomorrow nite
    I've been sidesteppin him !

not a mate so
    herself sat for her birthday
    xmas bdays are shít.

I hope you joint-presented her.

boooo, no linkage

not a mate so

Ah he is, but I know he'll try and drag me into town on a bendr and its midweek and the only time he can meet cos he works weekend. Thats why ive been evading it. Top bloke, bad time!
    xmas bdays are shít.

Yea sucks for her!
    I hope you joint-presented her.

nope, i awesome'd her bday and stuck to our agreed budget for xmas! i bought her to rosser book, would it be poor form to read it before givin it to her?! :pac:

boooo, no linkage

Just because it's you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

nope, i awesome'd her bday and stuck to our agreed budget for xmas! i bought her to rosser book, would it be poor form to read it before givin it to her?! :pac:

You old romantic you! :pac:

lovely

ntl bashing on primetime.

bastarding wankery cúnts.

You old romantic you! :pac:

what?! Id just end up borrowin it off her when shes finished! its gonna be sittin in my room for the next few days, more than enough time to read it!

Exactly the same as myself. All the good holiers were gone by the time I joined, but from what I heard, it's decent craic in there in and around that week, so I won't mind that much. Would only really like Mon. 29th off in case I want to go boozin on the Sunday.

The positives I am looking at it from is that I won't suffer those horrific back to work blues you normally get when you're off for a solid 2 weeks, and I am heading to the Toon on the 8th, so it gives me something to look forward to when everyone else is on a comedown. :)
    eZe^ wrote: »
    Indeed, Wildwood. Going spend some time at Chi town, Boston and New York!

I've heard great things about Wildwood. PM me if you need any help/general info about New York.

heading to the Toon on the 8th...something to look forward to

:confused::confused:

Does not compute

just listening to Jilted by the prodge.

bleedin' hell.

Quality album.

:confused::confused:

Does not compute

Enter 1 pound pints, and £2.25 for a treble Vodie and Bull, and see if it computes. With the Euro edging closer to parity, that means 3.gif

Enter 1 pound pints, and £2.25 for a treble Vodie and Bull, and see if it computes. With the Euro edging closer to parity, that means 3.gif

jesus at that rate Id almost go for a weekend pissup!

that means 3.gif

which is exactly what i'd be doing in newcastle tbh. Wouldn't be riding any of the untalented ugly girls up there

state of the munters

_41053734_girls-pa416.jpg

des u have a bird. A weekend on the drink is all u should be thinkin about ;)

• Advertisement

jesus at that rate Id almost go for a weekend pissup!

Flights presently running at €23 all in return, sure ya pay more for a joer just in to town.
    which is exactly what i'd be doing in newcastle tbh. Wouldn't be riding any of the untalented ugly girls up there

state of the munters

_41053734_girls-pa416.jpg

Desmond, don't force me to post pics of Wor Cheryl again, i'm trying to avoid bannings these days.

Howay man, you get munters everywhere you go. You only need to stick your head in to Coppers on a Friday night and you know that. They are daycent over there, seriously

Every region has its inaccurate stereotypes:

Americans: Fat

French: Hairy

Boggers: Inbred...................fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Evening folks,i got damn flu...:(

des u have a bird. A weekend on the drink is all u should be thinkin about ;)

A weekend away from the woman means

3.gif
    3.gif
    3.gif
    3.gif

and I fúcking hate that gif.

Also, charlie.

Is cheryl that one off x-factor?

I hate her accent, and because of that, i wouldn't ride her.

3.gif
    3.gif
    3.gif
    3.gif

and I fúcking hate that gif.

Duly noted.

3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif
    Also, charlie.

Is cheryl that one off x-factor?

I hate her accent, and because of that, i wouldn't ride her.

Aye. She is indeed. Love the accent meself. Can't stand the Aussie accent on birds, always sounds like they are nagging. Apart from that, I have no real hangup on accents (bar people who put one on to 'fit in'.)

This was the first image I got when I googled 'Geordie Girls'. Pretty much standard fare whenever I have been over there.

42495_2.jpg

Like Dublin, plenty of decent looking birds wearing fcuk all, only without the attitude, and the need to refer one way or another to one's social class during every conversation.

Evening folks,i got damn flu...:(

Evening mate. Better than having aids tbh.

Evening mate. Better than having aids tbh.

Damn true,now shut up coz i am bad luck who knows what can happen next:D

• Advertisement

Damn true,now shut up coz i am bad luck who knows what can happen next:D

Will do, gonna hit the scratcher now anyways. Neet lads.

seeya charles.

Will do, gonna hit the scratcher now anyways. Neet lads.

good boy,night dude

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Like Dublin, plenty of decent looking birds .

:confused:

OPENROAD wrote: »
    :confused:

I know, my current woman is from wickla.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Flights presently running at €23 all in return, sure ya pay more for a joer just in to town.

For anybody who uses ryanair much I have a handy way around there credit card booking fee.If anybody is interested I will post it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gentlemen

Dub13 wrote: »
    For anybody who uses ryanair much I have a handy way around there credit card booking fee.If anybody is interested I will post it up.

nah, we all love being raped by ryanair.

go on.

post it.

I know, my current woman is from wickla.

IIRC its Bray...they are wannabe Dubs.

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Gentlemen

when Xavi arrives, it means i'm up too late.

Dub13 wrote: »
    IIRC its Bray...they are wannabe Dubs.

:D

believe it or not, that was my chat up line.

smoooooooooooooooooooooth

nah, we all love being raped by ryanair.

go on.

post it.

Avoid the credit card charge when booking with Ryanair
    Ryanair have a free flights offer running at the moment which expires today (21st November). Of course they whack on a credit card charge of €5 per journey when booking with a standard credit card.

There is an exception however. If you book with a Visa Electron they will waive the credit card booking charge, which means that you will be paying €0.01 per flight including all charges.

I rang around a few of the Irish banks (AIB, BOI, Halifax, Permanent TSB) and none of the banks offer a visa electron card. I was determined to see if I could get my hands on an electron because I wanted to book in bulk a series of about 30 flights. 15 return trips, 30 x €5 = €150. Which could come in handy with Christmas coming up.

A bit of research and a few emails to some helpful people and I found EntroPay who provide virtual visa credit cards but crucially they are recognised as Visa Electron cards by Ryanair.

Sign up for EntroPay but make sure that your chosen account currency is GBP. Postal code is required so type in EIRE or some random postal code.
    Use your regular credit card to fund the account.
    Activate the account using the activation email that they send you.
    You will need to load at least €10 on to the account from your existing credit card, they also take a 4.95% commision, so it will cost €10.50.
    That’s it (Well almost, see appendum below), you should be able to log on and get your new visa electron credit card details. Make sure that you choose Visa Electron when booking your flights with Ryanair and you will only pay €0.01 for your flight.

Appendum: EntroPay are now asking for you to email them identification once you have registered, this is because Sterling (GBP) is not the currency of Ireland. if you have any questions then the best thing to do is drop the EntroPay guys an email they are very nice and they responded to all my questions very quickly.

Full info can be found Here

:D

believe it or not, that was my chat up line.

smoooooooooooooooooooooth

What is it they say about great minds....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Sup anyone still awake.
    Not a fan of work

/waves

• Advertisement

What's the craic man.
    Was supposed to have Wednesday off and be in Saturday as the season was on a break for Xmas. But our genius captain arranged a game without consulting if we were all available just before Christmas.
    So had to take my Saturday shift and swap it with someone's Wednesday shift, so now i'm in work 6 days in a row from Sunday just gone to Friday.

Fecking stress...

Weekend off though, so every cloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

whats the craic gents? how was everyones(for those of you that are here) weekend and/or monday?

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    whats the craic gents? how was everyones(for those of you that are here) weekend and/or monday?

Pros:
    Finished my exmas Saturday
    Good sesh Saturday Night

Cons:
    It's baltic out
    Stuck in work

Solid weekend in the sun followed by a good Monday that involved two games of 5 a side. Pints after work today so all going super.

*hits anti-thanks button*

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Frisbee wrote: »
    Pros:
    Finished my exmas Saturday
    Good sesh Saturday Night

Cons:
    It's baltic out
    Stuck in work

pros far outweigh the cons
    I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Solid weekend in the sun followed by a good Monday that involved two games of 5 a side. Pints after work today so all going super.

sounds awesome-o!

Night lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Stupid cold, haven't slept a wink last two days, and keep having to change clothes due to sweating like a cvnt in bed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Hey Everybody,

I been in bed with flu past week what have I missed.

Will

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Des!!!!!

were you drunk last night - i am not impressed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement