Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Des wrote: »
    Lads, if a woman says "can we put a limit on the xmas spending this year" is it a test?

Yes. But not a test to see if you will spend more. Being on a budget means you actually have to think about the present rather than go get out and get something shiny an expensive and say sure I spent X amount on her she can hardly complain. Now you actually have to think about the present as you won't have that excuse.

So although you save money the time and effort required to think of something meaningful and worthwhile for your budget might not be worth it.

I would tell your getting what your getting and stop trying to put your rules on me bint.

*Yes I am aware she will read this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Be careful though. If you treat it as a test and she actually means it, and you've trumped her present in terms of spending, that could go down rather badly too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yes. But not a test to see if you will spend more. Being on a budget means you actually have to think about the present rather than go get out and get something shiny an expensive and say sure I spent X amount on her she can hardly complain. Now you actually have to think about the present as you won't have that excuse.

Oh.

Shít.

Lads, if a woman says "can we put a limit on the xmas spending this year" is it a test?

I feckin hope not.

Oh.

Shít.

Oh God don't tell me you have already agreed to this. :eek:

• Advertisement

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Most definitely.

I got the "Let's not get each other Valentine's presents cause it's pointless and we can save the money" thing. So I didn't get her anything. Went down as well as a cock flavoured lolly pop.

Fuck.

My Christmas shoppin is not done then.

I may buy some back up presents, see what she gets me and then give back accordingly, return the rest for store credit and hope they dont take my kneecaps!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Hahah, that's it Des, you're now going to have to get a nostalgic moment of the both of you framed and covered in her favourite perfume and given to her at the place you first met! :pac:

Oh God don't tell me you have already agreed to this. :eek:

yeah, I thought I'd finished my Xmas shopping today.

fúck sake, I should have asked this before I went out earlier.

yeah, I thought I'd finished my Xmas shopping today.

fúck sake, I should have asked this before I went out earlier.

Jeez such a rookie mistake too.

Women say no presents = get lots of little things. Therefore you can say oh they are only little bits. I couldn't get you nothing.

Women say budget = get something that means something and not just something shiny. This is what she wants.

Women say "I really don't mind what you get me" = It better be big, expensive, and possibly mean something.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Hahah, that's it Des, you're now going to have to get a nostalgic moment of the both of you framed and covered in her favourite perfume and given to her at the place you first met! :pac:

Haha I'm laughing so so hard at the lengths I'd have to go to in order to do this!!

Actually, I'm not thinkin outside the box here, her birthday is only a few days before xmas and I bought her a shedload for the birthday so if it becomes a problem I will politely remind her that i outspent what she got for MY birthday and that we're even!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Actually, I'm not thinkin outside the box here, her birthday is only a few days before xmas and I bought her a shedload for the birthday so if it becomes a problem I will politely remind her that i outspent what she got for MY birthday and that we're even!!

Lol *box*

Anyway, if you have spent too much on the birthday presents then why not transfer one or two of them to the Christmas fund? Problem solved.

Haha I'm laughing so so hard at the lengths I'd have to go to in order to do this!!

Meet in a whore house in Thailand and her favourite perfume is Indian elephant excrement?

I will politely remind her that i outspent what she got for MY birthday and that we're even!!

And then it'll be relationship terminated. :pac::pac:

Meet in a whore house in Thailand and her favourite perfume is Indian elephant excrement?

You went out with her too?

the slut

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Lol *box*

Anyway, if you have spent too much on the birthday presents then why not transfer one or two of them to the Christmas fund? Problem solved.

LOL @ "LOL *box*"

Em, well I COULD do that, but mein problem lies in that her birthday is BEFORE xmas. I suggested the budget because I got wind that she was plannin on spendin a fortune on me even tho shes in debt so i told her I'd kick her @ss if she did. So we set a limit. It'd be poor form of me to go over if she stuck to it.

I could hold one back, but then if she has kept to it, and so have I, then I wouldnt really be able to give the present to her would I!!

You went out with her too?

the slut

'Went out' is a bit extreme, I threw her a few hundred baht and she got freaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol overspending on a woman is NEVER 'poor form' in their eyes.

'Went out' is a bit extreme, I threw her a few hundred baht and she got freaky.

pre- or post-op?

could she do the ping pong ball trick?

pre- or post-op?

could she do the ping pong ball trick?

Nah, she could inflate balloons though...

Ok I fixed those wierd burps with some ''Ken'', I am from the Southside like.

That's funy, because I actually did meet her in Koh Samui!! She's Irish before ya start!

And then it'll be relationship terminated. :pac::pac:

Never!

• Advertisement

he's Irish before ya start!

fyp.

It's all about the Adam's Apple dude.

fyp.

It's all about the Adam's Apple dude.

Now now Des, the poor girl doesn't have the chance to defend herself and I cannot respond in kind for obvious reasons!

the poor girl doesn't have the chance to defend herself

get her signed up to Boards then

ROFL are u mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

afternoon gents

Mr Alan wrote: »
    afternoon gents
    Who's this n00b?

:rolleyes:

i own this town betty. and dont you forget it.

Balls thought we got rid of you.

Story Al, how's the form!?! Any craic?!

• Advertisement

i missed you too al, ya lil chop buster you!

i own this town betty. and dont you forget it.

I was here way before you, and I'll be here way after you're gone too.

ROFL are u mad?

tbh she already has

Oh and all jokes aside if she is stalking your phone she may decide to stalk your internet and your user name ain't very cryptic.

not a lot Neil. not a lot. wat about you?

i missed you too ya al, ya lil chop buster you!

the united threads just haven't been the same :p

I was here way before you, and I'll be here way after you're gone too.

yea but i'm more fun than you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Evening all.

Had an interview today and just got a call to say I got the job. :D Nice early Christmas prezzie!

yea but i'm more fun than you

er..

no.

the united threads just haven't been the same :p

me posting in Utd thread was soooooooo 2007 young man :eek:

me posting in Utd thread was soooooooo 2007 young man :eek:

*cough*

Oh and all jokes aside if she is stalking your phone she may decide to stalk your internet and your user name ain't very cryptic.

It's cryptic enough!! I'm sure she stalks my bebo (for what i dont know I never use it though I was on today) and facebook if she's checkin my fone but sure, whatever....innocent!!

• Advertisement

Evening all.

Had an interview today and just got a call to say I got the job. :D Nice early Christmas prezzie!

congratulations_myspace_graphics_02.gif

Evening all.

The OT work luck strikes again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

congratulations_myspace_graphics_02.gif
    Lol. :)

Hopefully we will be posting a similar pic for the outcome of your recent interview.

The OT work luck strikes again.

It better strike for me.

not a lot Neil. not a lot. wat about you?

Not too much, my bird read my text messages last nite, she doesnt know I know, she defo wouldnt be any use at espionage anyway! I think my names scott, Scott Free though. Maybe she's plannin a sneak attack though, can't be too sure!!

Otherwise nada, bored in work, nothin to do, cant wait for friday, and cant wait for a day where i wake up without an alarm clock buzzin and I have SFA to do all day.

Congrats Superman!

It better strike for me.

We don't like you so I doubt it.

:D

Hi Neil

:D

i didnt mean i wont post there anymore, just that its not really an issue. obviously i was wrong :cool: stalker :cool:

Yeah home time, and my last working day of 2008 is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Evening all.

Congrats man. That should make for a nicer Christmas.

Evenin lads. I have done fcuk all Christmas shopping, will have to run the gauntlet this Sat, or even worse, next Mon or Tue :eek: I can see myself closely resembling this man come the end of it all

falling_down.jpg
    Yeah home time, and my last working day of 2008 is done.

:mad:. 3.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement