Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Evenin lads. I have done fcuk all Christmas shopping, will have to run the gauntlet this Sat, or even worse, next Mon or Tue :eek: I can see myself closely resembling this man come the end of it all
    dude. :eek:

I was in from about one o'clock today, knew exactly what I needed, bar one thing, and got them. back in me gaf by 4 I was, and town was ok too. none of your old biddies walking slow and stopping suddenly, I hate them women.

anyway, one year i did my xmas shopping on xmas eve. never. ever. again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Des wrote: »
    dude. :eek:

I was in from about one o'clock today, knew exactly what I needed, bar one thing, and got them. back in me gaf by 4 I was, and town was ok too. none of your old biddies walking slow and stopping suddenly, I hate them women.

anyway, one year i did my xmas shopping on xmas eve. never. ever. again.

I know, I know. Got my two Kris Kindles sorted, but for stuff like the family, zilch. I have a fair idea what to get them though, and they shouldn't be hard to source. So it should be relatively painless. It's the aimless wanders, not knowing what to get someone that can drive you to the brink.

Evenin gents,

Nice text earlier Des!! :pac:

tryin to pick a dvd to watch and not havin much success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

What are the choices ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

what are your options neil?

Carlito's Way, you always pick Carlito's Way.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Donnie Brasco must be due a watch.

Went with The Big Lebowski!

can't fault that.

• Advertisement

wrapping presents here.

it's my least favourite thing to do.

fúcking sellotape everywhere.

wrapping presents here.

Em, hand them the present in the bag it came in......wrapping FTL....im so thoughtful!!

Lads this is fantastic. The house behind me have 2 dogs who bark into the early hours of the morning EVERY night. Anyway tonight they got an anonymous Christmas card saying:

"Dear Mr and Mrs ********,

We hope you have a lovely peaceful Christmas. Unfortunately, we, your neighbours, will not have a peaceful Christmas as you iinsist on leaving your dogs in the garden to bark into the night"

The woman who owns the house flipped the lid and made personal calls to every door on the road to go apesh*t at everyone!! Amazing!! i wish I'd thought to send that, only I'd have signed my name on the bottom! :pac::D

Wait a mo - SHE went mad at everyone?!

Sort your poxy mutts out before you come complaining to my front door bitch.

Went with The Big Lebowski!

I'll get slated for this, but possibly the most overrated movie in recent time.

Wait a mo - SHE went mad at everyone?!

Sort your poxy mutts out before you come complaining to my front door bitch.

She's a weapon. They're all scared of her. Me, I'd be so mean to her she'd go home crying. I'm so gutted I missed it all, I was out. I'd have loved to say it to her. That mutt drives me mad.

Out....now....before I say something I'll regret! NOBODY FUCKS WITH THE JESUS!!

I really like this song!

• Advertisement

Out....now....before I say something I'll regret! NOBODY FUCKS WITH THE JESUS!!

I really like this song!

Unfortunately I agree with him. It was definitely good, but by no means as good as many people I know make out.

Em, hand them the present in the bag it came in......wrapping FTL....im so thoughtful!!

Lads this is fantastic. The house behind me have 2 dogs who bark into the early hours of the morning EVERY night. Anyway tonight they got an anonymous Christmas card saying:

"Dear Mr and Mrs ********,

We hope you have a lovely peaceful Christmas. Unfortunately, we, your neighbours, will not have a peaceful Christmas as you iinsist on leaving your dogs in the garden to bark into the night"

The woman who owns the house flipped the lid and made personal calls to every door on the road to go apesh*t at everyone!! Amazing!! i wish I'd thought to send that, only I'd have signed my name on the bottom! :pac::D

I was going to applaud you, disapointing it wasn't you but now she's rattled,
    It's perfect for you to swoop in and really push her over the edge.

What? nonsense.
    I really like this song!

I'm sure charlie has something to say about it.

Unfortunately I agree with him. It was definitely good, but by no means as good as many people I know make out.

Again it backs up what i always say about Coen Brothers movies. You either have that sense of dark humour and get it, or you don't, and hate it.

"Burn after reading", went in a group of 6, 3 loved it, 2 weren't blown away one hated it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

wrapping presents here.

Get the Mrs to do it...I just got MrsDub13 to wrap about 70 item's over the last week.

I bought "drappin pay-pour tew you-rooo" today.

it's flimsy as fook. :mad:

• Advertisement

It took me about five minutes to work out what that said. Time to brush up on my Dublish.

Stwah beh wees, geh yooor stwah beh wees.

It took me about five minutes to work out what that said. Time to brush up on me Dublish.

fixed that for ya..

Stwah beh wees, geh yooor stwah beh wees.

I was surprised and delira one day to find them selling

"cherdies, trdee yoo-roo a punneh"

Charlie mate, there's a thread in the mod forum asking who did what for SSF

I posted the following reply

The Soccer Off Topic Thread regulars donated for and bought an XBox plus a football game, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, which is being delivered to an address supplied by DeV

the idea came from a poster by the name of charlie mchugh so he gets the credit for this.

I think it was around the €220/€240 mark in total.

Charlie mate, there's a thread in the mod forum asking who did what for SSF

I posted the following reply

The Soccer Off Topic Thread regulars donated for and bought an XBox plus a football game, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, which is being delivered to an address supplied by DeV

the idea came from a poster by the name of charlie mchugh so he gets the credit for this.

I think it was around the €220/€240 mark in total.

Cheers Des, but sure it was really an OTT thing, wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the co-operation of the fine fellows around these parts.

Must touch base with DeV and see has it arrived with him yet.

Anyone else watching Vinny Browne? Always good viewing.

touch base

you absolute tosser.

you absolute tosser.

:o

soz.

soz.

just stop.

just stop.

.......the lights.

How about a chooooon to get things back on track

• Advertisement

Again it backs up what i always say about Coen Brothers movies. You either have that sense of dark humour and get it, or you don't, and hate it.

"Burn after reading", went in a group of 6, 3 loved it, 2 weren't blown away one hated it.

I don't not like the Coen Brothers, I think that in the main their stuff is superb, I just did not think that The BL was all that people make it out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Watching Chris Rock, he is a big load of sh*t tbh, people busting their asses laughing when he says something like 'don't hate the player, hate the game'.... Hiiirraarrriousss.

I watched one of his shows a couple of weeks ago and actually laughed quite a bit. He was talking about the difference between being rich and being wealthy. I thought it was funny.

I think he is fairly daycent, his stuff right now on sh/tty jobs is pretty good, especially the bit about sitting on a jax, not sh/ting or anything, but just trying to make work go quicker.

Sure, he does the whole 'dammmmmmmmnnnn' jokes, but don't forget that that was the sort of material that gave him a leg up originally.

can one4all vouchers be used online?

can one4all vouchers be used online?

Wouldn't have a breeze, but knowing anything that is Irish, probably not. A few years before they catch on to such innovations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Evening

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Evening
    Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night.

May tomorrow pass quickly and without incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Whats the craic?

I'm assuming Xavi is the only one left awake if he's not hammered on a boat by now...

• Advertisement

I'm in work still, jesus I don't know how I'll get through work next week.

Tues, Wed, Thur and Friday 3:30 in the day til 2:30 in the morning, pain in the hole.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I'm in work still, jesus I don't know how I'll get through work next week.

Tues, Wed, Thur and Friday 3:30 in the day til 2:30 in the morning, pain in the hole.

Ouch, I have
    Mon 10.30am - 8pm
    Tues 12pm-10pm
    Wed 11am-9pm

Frisbee wrote: »
    Ouch, I have
    Mon 10.30am - 8pm
    Tues 12pm-10pm
    Wed 11am-9pm

That's equally crap, thinkin of driving from cork (where I live) to waterford (family) between shifts.

mayordenis wrote: »
    That's equally crap, thinkin of driving from cork (where I live) to waterford (family) between shifts.

Fecking hell, I don't envy you. Christmas day aswell, bastages....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

An hour of work left for 2008!!!

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    An hour of work left for 2008!!!

Wanna help me batter him mayordenis?

• Advertisement

Right gonna hit the hay, have to go to the dentist and get my Christmas shopping done in the morning before work.

Enjoy your buttsekz with the sailors Xavi

Night everyone else

eZe^ wrote: »
    Watching Chris Rock, he is a big load of sh*t tbh, people busting their asses laughing when he says something like 'don't hate the player, hate the game'.... Hiiirraarrriousss.

I like him, I always enjoy his shows tbh.

They all have at some stage ripped off Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy (who ripped off Richard Pryor) tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Morning folks. Just spending this morning hanging around waiting for our free lunch and booze.

EDIT:Eddie Murphy at least admitted that he grew up watching and copying Richard Pryor so it was bound to follow him in to his adult career.

Morning folks

had a damn n00b beside be all morning.

couldn't post or even read boards.

:mad::mad:

hate n00bz

Morning lads, it's fecking early.

Can'tremember the last time I was up before 12. Had to go dentist though, fecking hate going to the dentists.
    Mine has a ridiculously hot nurse though, so every cloud

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement