Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What more motivation do you need than to be lying on the couch with a cold beer in your hand watching three live Premiership games with left over turkey and ham to be eaten in between?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    What more motivation do you need than to be lying on the couch with a cold beer in your hand watching three live Premiership games with left over turkey and ham to be eaten in between?

+1

I reckon I'll be calling in sick on Saturday. Think I'm getting strep throat again... :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »

I guess I just needed someone to say it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

mayordenis wrote: »
    Right lads, it's up to you guys to give me the moral support and guidance to call in sick tomorrow,
    Have had **** christmas away from all me family, friends, and girlfriend (I know all yer hearts bleed for me) and I was only in hospital there a few weeks back so I didn't want to "pull a sickie" but anyway,
    Come on guys give me some motivation.

I for one demand you do so.

Think about it, you will be able to kick back tomorrow, gorge yourself silly on food, and lap up all the football. The kicker is, you then go out on the piss with your mates tomorrow evening for an epic sesh, and have the weekend to shake it off.

Owen%20Starsky%20&%20Hutch%20Signature%20Do%20It.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Right lads, it's up to you guys to give me the moral support and guidance to call in sick tomorrow,
    Have had **** christmas away from all me family, friends, and girlfriend (I know all yer hearts bleed for me) and I was only in hospital there a few weeks back so I didn't want to "pull a sickie" but anyway,
    Come on guys give me some motivation.

Chronic diarrohea. There is no way anybody will dream of questioning that, trust me, I know many many people who that worked for.

Acquired The Dark Knight last night while sleeping, 3/4 way through now, forgot how quality it is!

I for one demand you do so.

Think about it, you will be able to kick back tomorrow, gorge yourself silly on food, and lap up all the football. The kicker is, you then go out on the piss with your mates tomorrow evening for an epic sesh, and have the weekend to shake it off.

Owen%20Starsky%20&%20Hutch%20Signature%20Do%20It.jpg

I actually have all next week off anyway which is the cheeky part.
    So Everyone agree a call in with a "tweaked hammy"? It worked for Kewell for years.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Hello all!

Hope everyone enjoyed yesterday. I got loads of shirts, hoodys, jumpers etc. The woman got me a big jar of assorted coffees from various parts of the world. Nice touch.

Today is the main event though:

a more casual dinner (shovel it in)
    live football
    even more drinkin (polished a bottle of glenfiddich sp. reserve yesterday, bit fuzzy today)
    all my cousins etc. will be in to our house today so craic a plenty. Uncle plays guitar so we're gonna have ourselves a hootinanny!! woot!

even more drinkin (polished a bottle of glenfiddich sp. reserve yesterday, bit fuzzy today)

Nice man! Nice!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

It was gorgeous. Finished off a small amount of bruich laddich 15 year first too. Very nice.

• Advertisement

Morning lads.

Man, I love Stephenes Day. Have the house to myself, stocked to the brim with monch, footy flowing on the box, and a rake of cans in the freezer. Then it will be out at 8 for a mighty sesh, with the motley crew that are my friends.

This day>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All other days in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Morning lads.

Man, I love Stephenes Day. Have the house to myself, stocked to the brim with monch, footy flowing on the box, and a rake of cans in the freezer. Then it will be out at 8 for a mighty sesh, with the motley crew that are my friends.

This day>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All other days in the year.

If only my family would fcuk off for the day so I can spend it watching tv and playing Gears 2, Mario Kart, and Zelda. :pac:

MY club is the first Hockey Final of the year. So down to watch that, then back to my mates for the Arsenal match, then dinner in his, then not sure if I'm drinking or not tonight, think I'm coming down with strep throat again..

eZe^ wrote: »
    If only my family would fcuk off for the day so I can spend it watching tv and playing Gears 2, Mario Kart, and Zelda. :pac:

Did you learn nothing from Home Alone. Be careful what you wish for.

Frisbee wrote: »
    think I'm coming down with strep throat again..

That'll be all the man muck you're guzzling Laura. Did your mother never tell you to spit, god knows she does it often enough herself :mad:

:D:D:D

That'll be all the man muck you're guzzling Laura. Did your mother never tell you to spit, god knows she does it often enough herself :mad:

Lies and slander!
    It's such a fecking annoying illness, if it is strep, which im 99% sure it is, this will be 3 of the last 5 christmases that I've had it..

• Advertisement

It's such a fecking annoying illness, if it is strep, which im 99% sure it is, this will be 3 of the last 5 christmases that I've had it..

Aids of the throat they can be.

Usually get hit with one every 3-4 months. Actually, think I feel one coming on now, but I find that gargling tons of disprin, drinking loads of club orange, and sucking lots of cock barley sugars, helps speed the recovery up to about two days.

I certainly won't be letting it stop me heading out tonight, crackin night.

Aye gargling Disprin is ftw on this!
    Better not still have it by New Years. I got it when I was away during the summer and took my antibiotics aetc and was fine until the last day of the holiday when I got what I took to be heat rash, got home the next day and it was all over my body.
    Went to the doc and he said the combination of the strep, heat, being in the pool, and constant boozing caused it to mutate into strep rash, which can apparently be really dangerous.
    My god I was ****ting myself... :p

right it's do or die time for Denis,
    I don't know why but I'm kacking it, I hate ringing in with lies,

what game is on at 3?

right it's do or die time for Denis,
    I don't know why but I'm kacking it, I hate ringing in with lies,

what game is on at 3?

Man up.

Man up.

consider it done.

• Advertisement

Now doesn't that feel good.

By my reckoning, you are now off from today all the way through to Monday the 5th? Is this right? You>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Me tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hello folks,hope you are all well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote: »

Hey mate.

Smiley kids yesterday?

I'm just off out to your eldest's teacher's gaff for the evening :D

Apart from watching the biggest piece of sh/t match that was Newcastle/Wigan, i'm in flying form. Yourself?

How did the little uns take to what Santy left?

Des wrote: »
    Hey mate.

Smiley kids yesterday?

I'm just off out to your eldest's teacher's gaff for the evening :D

LOL...I still cant believe that this world is so small for something like that to happen.Tell her I said hi and don't overindulged over the Xmas,she has 30 odd 6 year old girls to look after again in a week or two.

Apart from watching the biggest piece of sh/t match that was Newcastle/Wigan, i'm in flying form. Yourself?

How did the little uns take to what Santy left?

The kids were over the moon,they love the Wii thats when they get to play it as MrsDub13 got me Fifa and I am playing it a lot.

On Xmas eve I picked up a great deal,got a email off Ryanair saying that have a sale on no taxes and no charges on a lot of flights.I have been threating to take the kids and the Mrs on the Anifeld tour for a good while now its been years since i did it myself,I got 5 return flights for 10cent going out and back on Feb 3.Thats a super deal.

Des don't tell the teacher as we are taken the kids off school football is much more important than school.

LOL...I still cant believe that this world is so small for something like that to happen.Tell her I said hi and don't overindulged over the Xmas,she has 30 odd 6 year old girls to look after again in a week or two.

The kids were over the moon,they love the Wii thats when they get to play it as MrsDub13 got me Fifa and I am playing it a lot.

On Xmas eve I picked up a great deal,got a email off Ryanair saying that have a sale on no taxes and no charges on a lot of flights.I have been threating to take the kids and the Mrs on the Anifeld tour for a good while now its been years since i did it myself,I got 5 return flights for 10cent going out and back on Feb 3.Thats a super deal.

Des don't tell the teacher as we are taken the kids off school football is much more important than school.

Good stuff.

I am drunk

Im dying sick, fcuking lame

Lads, i'm in Coppers as I type. Surely I will bump into a fellow boardsie tonight of all nights.

Neil, you and your auld lad are probably on the lash in here tonight. Hit me up playa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I hope everyone had a happy stolen pagan festival day :)

I'm *still* working :(

I did get some nice and unsuspecting presents tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

GuanYin wrote: »
    I hope everyone had a happy stolen pagan festival day :)

I'm *still* working :(

I did get some nice and unsuspecting presents tho :)

indeed, happy Yule Day!

i've got work in the morning which im not looking forward to, but at least have sunday off then. Much the same as yourself i got some funky presents I wasn't expecting, in particular a rocking chair (type thing) with built in surround sound speakers.
    pyramat-s3500-w-game-chair.jpg

and a fussball table!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

eZe^ wrote: »

I know how you feel

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well, i have hdad the most boring christmas ever. i have 3 glass of wine in 4 days and havent been out of the house since christmas eve.

damn this going home to the parents and knowing no one:(

G'day lads.

Was at the races yesterday, then a mates gaff for a few, then the Leop Inn which has gotten YOUNG, then to another mates gaff for a few, then to the Punchbowl for a large portion of the evening, then rocked up to 92 till closing time.

Started at around midday, finished up at 3. I am fecked today, and i have to do it all again tonight for a night out with the boys/UFC party tonight!

Charles Ill have u know Ive been in Coppers maybe twice in the past 3 months!! I've lost the love!!

How's everyone been?

Feckin mint night, and I rarely say that about Coppers. Thing is though, the place was only 1/4 full for the first 90 or so mins, so plenty of time to get messy with the lads, and get a sesh going. Took a good wallet raping though, probably the guts of €130, but sure fcuk it, these nights only come around once in a blue moon.

Ended up bottling it big style with a solid 8, but on reflection, it may have been a good thing.

I don't have a hangover or owt, but after only getting to bed at about 6, I feel fragile as fook today. Definitely a day on the couch om nom nom'ing all the Christmas snacks that are bursting the cupboards.

Anyone else think that it's just not a Saturday without the football on.

Neil, you seem like a right auld fiend for 92 these days. Yet you maintain you're not a ROYSH head. :pac: Tut tut sir.

well, i have hdad the most boring christmas ever. i have 3 glass of wine in 4 days and havent been out of the house since christmas eve.

damn this going home to the parents and knowing no one:(

Serves you right for going to Bray for Xmas.....;)

Neil, you seem like a right auld fiend for 92 these days. Yet you maintain you're not a ROYSH head. :pac: Tut tut sir.

Its handy for where I live tbh. It's a mixed enough crowd these days dude. All the roysh heads have moved on thank God. It's howl at the moon for me tonight. I intend to howl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

putting runners in the dryer. yay or nay?

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    putting runners in the dryer. yay or nay?

Nay. They'll come out smelling like wet dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Nay. They'll come out smelling like wet dog.

i see. on another note:

anybody know the best way to update all the player names and jerseys for pro evo 09 on the 360?

Completely forgot today was Saturday. Still sick so stuck in.
    300 is on though so that's a small plus..

Completely forgot today was Saturday. Still sick so stuck in.
    300 is on though so that's a small plus..

I'm surprised that isn't making you feel even worse. Fcuking gash movie.

Me on the other hand, I shall be watching TDK in glorious HD. The bits that we're filmed for IMAX look 3.gif

I'm surprised that isn't making you feel even worse. Fcuking gash movie.

I think it's enjoyable enough myself. Better than anything else that's on.
    My dog is going nuts for some reason, really starting to annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Completely forgot today was Saturday.

Is it?

I'm completely lost with what day it is.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Is it?

I'm completely lost with what day it is.

Aye, fecking Christmas...

• Advertisement

I'm still drunk and Ive slept and everything.

Got to bed at 6 after watchin live UFC. Gonzo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

376th post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ajeffares wrote: »
    376th post!

noob.jpg

Its dead in here,anybody alive..?

Its a bit of a boring day off out to Malahide soon for some grub.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement