Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread III : Off Topic-er

Comments

Afternoon lads, had my first hangover free lie in for about 3 or 4 weeks today! Fantastic!

how's everyones hols goin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Great Neil, and yourself? Being back in part-time employment for college sucks because I've had to do loads of hours over Christmas. But I'm off now for the week, so happy days :)

Anyone have New Year plans sorted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

New Year's sucks balls. Most overrated and pointless night of the year.

I agree actually! The last few new years eves have been really shìte, but I'm determined to have some bit of fun this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

New Years Eve is one of the best nights out of the year :O

Smegball wrote: »
    New Years Eve is one of the best nights out of the year :O

It's always so disorganised for me bar last year. I have no idea what we are doing and it's the 29th :(

It's built up as a massive night when if fact it's no different to any other, apart from a few cheers at midnight. Certainly not worth the extra admission fees to clubs and parties or whatever.

On a side note, it's meant to be 39 degress here on New Year's Day so I'll be hitting the beach and then somewhere that is seriously air conditioned.

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    On a side note, it's meant to be 39 degress here on New Year's Day so I'll be hitting the beach and then somewhere that is seriously air conditioned.

I hate you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

how's everyones hols goin?

Finished. :mad:
    New Year's sucks balls. Most overrated and pointless night of the year.

This man speak the truth. Can't stand the night myself. Gonna head down to Wexford, and visit some family memebers I wanna cathc up with. But if I wasn't doing that, I would happily sit in on my own, and play the PS3/gorge on food.

Without sounding like a cnut, the type of people who get all exsighherrrah about New Years, are generally the knuckle dragging simpletons that Barcode considers it's regulars.

New Years is ghey .... fact.

Last year i sat in and paid no attention to it. Played PS3. This year im goin away with the bird but only cos she wants to do somethin for it cos she had to work Xmas Eve and Day.

Over rated, overpriced, over hyped.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am full to the brim,just back from Malahide about to crack open a few beers.I love Malahide its a classy little town.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I am full to the brim,just back from Malahide about to crack open a few beers.I love Malahide its a classy little town.

Clontarf>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Malahide tbhtbf. Sure just ask any of the lads round here who we're/are bailing into the you wans of Clontarf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Definitely agree about New Years.
    I'm in work the next morning aswell so thinking of just driving out as I don't like risking driving to work on New Years Day as the Guards are out in force with the breathalisers.

Lads, how long does it usually take to get a name change actioned over in the subscribers forum. Whacked up a tread about 10 days ago, and nowt has happened yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The poker forum have been playing regular games of ball recently against DITpokers team, their season starts back in the next week or two, should try to get a game going between the 2 forums.

bohsman wrote: »
    The poker forum have been playing regular games of ball recently against DITpokers team, their season starts back in the next week or two, should try to get a game going between the 2 forums.

There was talk of that a few weeks ago here Oscar,would be a good idea if it took off.We just need somebody to take the ball and run with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

There was talk of that a few weeks ago here Oscar,would be a good idea if it took off.We just need somebody to take the ball and run with it.

Cheers for the offer Paul, you should be able to use the group started to get a team together.

Lads, how long does it usually take to get a name change actioned over in the subscribers forum. Whacked up a tread about 10 days ago, and nowt has happened yet.

Should definitely have happened by now. Maybe you should pm Cult.

Frisbee was trying to get things running here the other week. Definitely should be able to get something sorted once the holiday period is all done and dusted.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

New Years is ghey .... fact.

Over rated, overpriced, over hyped.
    QFT

Hello happy OTT campers. The Eskimo took a few days off from the net and now I'm back in work just for today and bored out of my skin.

Everyone have a nice christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Howdy.

Des wrote: »
    Howdy.

Morrning,how did the drinks go with the teacher..?

Morrning,how did the drinks go with the teacher..?

That was Stephen's night, wow, it seems so long ago.

We've spent the last few days in Loughlinstown Hospital, pfb's granny was very sick, brought in on the 27th.

We had a wedding to go to yesterday, so the family said to go ahead. She didn't drink at it in case there was a phone call.

Phone call came at about 6.30 this morning. :(

They were long days, but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that long a wait. Sad though. :(:(

Here is a strange one.

What age does it become a bit sad for a man to still sleep in football Duvet..?A mate asked me yesterday to help him move a new TV into his house and we moved the old one into his bedroom,when we got into his bedroom I was a bit surprised to see a Leeds Utd duvet set on his bed.I gave him a lot of stick about it,he is 29 is this acceptable behavior for a 29 year old..?I don't think I have football duvet set since I was about 16.

Here is a strange one.

What age does it become a bit sad for a man to still sleep in football Duvet..?A mate asked me yesterday to help him move a new TV into his house and we moved the old one into his bedroom,when we got into his bedroom I was a bit surprised to see a Leeds Utd duvet set on his bed.I gave him a lot of stick about it,he is 29 is this acceptable behavior for a 29 year old..?I don't think I have football duvet set since I was about 16.

I've never owned a football duvet.

Sad bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

My Duvet claim to fame is that I had (still have) the same Masters of the Universe one that Dougal had in Father Ted.

Sad news about pfb's granny Des. My condolences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

commisserations pfb, my own granny went into hospital on the 26th with a bad asthma attack. Her lungs are only at 60% when all is well so she's been intibated and will be on that unconscious for the week. the problems may come when they try taking her off again, so fingers crossed she'll be ok

They were playing 11-a-side yeah? I've been lurking those threads a bit... :p
    Frisbee was trying to get things running here the other week. Definitely should be able to get something sorted once the holiday period is all done and dusted.

Well if we can get a game going against the poker forum everyone who would be interested in playing let me know, either through PM, or in here

Also condolences pfb

Yes condolences PFB.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Well if we can get a game going against the poker forum everyone who would be interested in playing let me know, either through PM, or in here

I will play once its on when I am not in Liverpool.

I will play once its on when I am not in Liverpool.

Fair enough. Who was it who was organising their game do ya know Dub13?

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Fair enough. Who was it who was organising their game do ya know Dub13?

LuckyLloyd

Condolences pfb and Des

id be up for the football anyway, ideally if a weekend could be made of it! im working saturdays till the 17th of jan so any weekend after that id be up for it

Condolences PFB & Des.

Is there a thread dedicated to the organisation of this game lads? I'd like to play even though I am turning into a total fat bastard.

Twas another feckin scorcher here today. Spent the day out on Rottnest Island. Fantastic spot -

66107211a9748476693l.jpg

yeah, well, im getting to spend my day here, so there!
    callcentre.jpg

im sad now :(
    though admittedly they did give us free pizza today, all you could eat.

Evenin gents.
    Des wrote: »
    TWe've spent the last few days in Loughlinstown Hospital, pfb's granny was very sick, brought in on the 27th.

We had a wedding to go to yesterday, so the family said to go ahead. She didn't drink at it in case there was a phone call.

Phone call came at about 6.30 this morning. :(

They were long days, but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that long a wait. Sad though. :(:(

That's tough. You can tell PFB that she has my condolences. Must have been a rough couple of days for youself as well Des. Sorry for both ye.
    Here is a strange one.

Football Duvet - Around 15.

Hem-Man Duvet - Never.
    Twas another feckin scorcher here today. Spent the day out on Rottnest Island. Fantastic spot -

66107211a9748476693l.jpg

:mad:

We're you not told to stop coming in here, and swinging your cock ya cheeky little begger.
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    though admittedly they did give us free pizza today, all you could eat.

I went to Eddie's with my boss today. My work>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your work tbhtbfimho.

This was on the second page, for shame.

Morning people.

Last day of the year.

So long 2008.

/waves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

morning everyone.

des, this wedding you were at, is that the wedding i think it was?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    des, this wedding you were at, is that the wedding i think it was?
    Aye, twas.

• Advertisement

good day?

Ah yeah, wedding was in a church on the Clontarf Road there, then around to the Clontarf Castle.

Herself wasn't drinking, so I said I wouldn't drink until after the meal. I'm going to do that in future tbh. Didn't get messy drunk, and was able to enjoy myself.

The entertainment was a "rat pack" style band, then a dj afterwards.

We left after the dj finished.

Both the bride and groom are good friends of mine, so there was a good bunch of my mates there.

Bride looked stunning. :)

i hear she is a bit of a looker alright :)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i hear she is a bit of a looker alright :)

I'll see if I can find a pic.

5 and a half hours til midnight and still no plans. Meh.

Hello folks,

I have to drag my sorry arse over to Dundrum SC in about an hour,when we get there I will have to sit through High School Musical 3 with the two girls while MrsDub13 goes mad in the sales.

new years eve is a night out for cnuts tbh.

5 and a half hours til midnight and still no plans. Meh.

It's weird.

None of my friends have plans either.

I'll be in Bray, waiting for the funeral tomorrow.

Hello folks,

I have to drag my sorry arse over to Dundrum SC in about an hour,when we get there I will have to sit through High School Musical 3 with the two girls while MrsDub13 goes mad in the sales.

my ladyfriend claims its not that bad. having said that, i dont believe her...

morning folks, happy end of the year!

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    my ladyfriend claims its not that bad. having said that, i dont believe her...

Is your ladyfriend 13?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement