Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ucas!! cao!! etc

• 24-11-2008 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Any one ere want info on these college addmissions offices !!

any one thinking about going to uk to study??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Róisín-Casey

Any one ere want info on these college addmissions offices !!

any one thinking about going to uk to study??
    my friend is thinking of going to the uk but our careers teach wont do her statement thingy ma bobby yaknow?? for the UCAS
    :confused::confused::confused: what u thinking of doing ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

my friend is thinking of going to the uk but our careers teach wont do her statement thingy ma bobby yaknow?? for the UCAS

The reference or personal statement? Your friend writes the personal statement herself. Is there any other teacher who would write the reference?

It seems bizarre the careers teacher would refuse; try your head of year etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Crowdof1

I have to say, having seen both sides of the coin, the CAO could learn an awful lot from the UCAS folks. I think it's great that the ucas form has personal statements, references and all. It makes you think about why you are applying and also the uni will only accept people they think will do well with them.

With the CAO, so many people just put down anything and end up dropping out in the first year cuz they didn't realise what they were getting into. And the colleges have to realise there's so much more to a person than just the points they got in the Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭victoriaa

why did the teacher refused??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

My principal wrote mine, actually she wrote eveyones that was applying for UCAS. Seems weird for the career teacher to write it, how would they know your results or interests?
    I just got my letter back from UCAS! :D All excited! I applied for music in Edinburgh University.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lukeyflukey

While I was in school the UK was never given as an option for further education. I applied in February and have been accepted to Liverpool Hope university. These days all students should be notified that studying abroad is an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jenuine

I'm thinking of doing International Relations starting September 2010 in either Exeter,Durham,Edinburgh or York...I've visited 2 of these unis and they're cool but Im getting second thoughts about being so far away..I knowi t's only like half an hour plane ride..but stilll!
    anyone else in the same boat?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭stainluss

jenuine wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing International Relations starting September 2010 in either Exeter,Durham,Edinburgh or York...I've visited 2 of these unis and they're cool but Im getting second thoughts about being so far away..I knowi t's only like half an hour plane ride..but stilll!
    anyone else in the same boat?!

ya im considering Leeds, Newcastle and Manchester for next year, they have the course i want (communications) and theyre all supposed to have brilliant nightlife:D:D
    The only place that does Comm in Ireland is DCU and theyre nightlife is supposed to be sh1t so that motivated me to look to the UK. (travel will be a bit annoying i suppose:()
    It is hard work trying to get into these feckin places though, and i still dont know how often i would come home...

Advertisement