Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

clutch problem

Options
  • 24-11-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Parent has a 96' Rover 618i,

This morning whilst pressing on the clutch pedal, it went down to the floor
    but only comes half way up.. The pedal use to spring up. The car drives fine though, althought I think 1st gear got a bit notchy.. Any idea what this could be? We had a new master cyclinder fitted to it about 6 months ago. This problem arouse after we got it back from a garage we had left it into to
    get an engine flooding issue solved.. Couple days later this happens. Any ideas?

Recently there has been a minor brake fluid leak, cannot see myself where it is coming from.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Get it to the garage - the brake fluid could be coming from the master or slave cylinder or even from the brake system - check the brake fluid and clutch fluid resevoir to isolate leaking system. If it is the clutch, top up the resevoir and have someone work the pedal, by hand, while you get down on all 4's and try to see where the leak is coming from - might give you an idea what to expect before the official diagnosis!

Advertisement