Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA yearly membership

• 24-11-2008 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

I have been thinking of doing this from the frist day i opened, just that the numbers were not there at the time, but with the numbers we have now it should be a go, the membership would be for one year it would cover 1 day a week to play on the site, as in saturday or sunday, the price would be in around € 300 to € 350 for the year payed over 3 months by paypal or at the site, so at € 350 say, that would work out at € 6.73 for a days gaming for 52 days of the year, so what do you think, please post up name if would like a membership, thanks.

paul.

PS: sorry mods, i still cant post the retailers thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

great idea! I would defenitly prefer that to paying every week:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

looks like a very good there for regulars, since im living to far away to get up every weekend this isnt for me, best of luck with it anyway paul

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

this works very well in cork, however from what i understand of HRTA - you need to figure out if the club "rents " HRTA for the day or if the club has shares in "HRTA Inc." as in do they have a say in the running of the site ??

PM Mad Ozzie , He's been through all this before and he maybe able to give you some pointers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,203 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'll move it over to the retailer forum for you now.

/Edit - there you go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

horgan_p wrote: »
    this works very well in cork, however from what i understand of HRTA - you need to figure out if the club "rents " HRTA for the day or if the club has shares in "HRTA Inc." as in do they have a say in the running of the site ??

PM Mad Ozzie , He's been through all this before and he maybe able to give you some pointers

i was thinking some thing like the gun clubs run, you pay your membership, and then just show up to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I think we are using membership to two different contexts hear, cork being run as a club if you pay membership up from you become a member and have a say in the running of the club, every member has a say and a vote as it where. The membership htra is talking about seems more like gym membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

so wen you get the membership do you still have to pay a small fee on the site to have your days game.

andy g wrote: »
    so wen you get the membership do you still have to pay a small fee on the site to have your days game.

there would be no other fee to play

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

even better will tat offer still stand at christmas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It's a good idea alright.
    Even just to make a saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Hell yeahs!
    I saw junior membership forms..
    Is there a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'd be into doing this, if enough people signed up so it meant the site could go private some of the time. If sundays or sunday afternoons were regulars only it'd go a long way towards making there be decent games like the milsim days we've had more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Once I'm insured, once I'm insured:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I've no problem paying for yearly membership, i dont get out to play as much as i would like, but i see it as a way to support airsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

sounds like a good idea paul would be interested in it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sounds like a great deal in fairness, theres a massive saving there.

AS regards to the cork lads questions, I assume its jsut like gym membership. I think its best to leave paul running the site, hes doing great work with site developement, and if he wants to ask favours of people I'm sure most would oblige.

Having everyone have a say, in my experience, just gets stuff clogged down in debate and stopped. Better to have the power with the powerman who can do what he wants when he wants.

I'd be totally up for paying subscription.

Daves idea is nice also, perhaps have a member milsim etc
    ( seriously depends on numbers)

But its a good idea alright...especially in the current climate it would be an added bonus to present yourself as a member of some sort of "gun" club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Yeah, count me in. Great idea Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I'd be into doing this, if enough people signed up so it meant the site could go private some of the time. If sundays or sunday afternoons were regulars only it'd go a long way towards making there be decent games like the milsim days we've had more often.

Would like to see a member's only day aswell

Ill quite likely sign up in the new year, haven't much time for skirmishing at the moment, but will definitely be getting back into more regular games soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'll second what skatedude, Doc, Gerrowdat & Kdouglas have said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Lemming wrote: »
    I'll second what skatedude, Doc, Gerrowdat & Kdouglas have said

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Airsofty

Defo up for doing that, even if ya play every other week ya still save 100 yoyos so makes sense... :-)

Sounds like a great deal in fairness, theres a massive saving there.

AS regards to the cork lads questions, I assume its jsut like gym membership. I think its best to leave paul running the site, hes doing great work with site developement, and if he wants to ask favours of people I'm sure most would oblige.

Having everyone have a say, in my experience, just gets stuff clogged down in debate and stopped. Better to have the power with the powerman who can do what he wants when he wants.

I'd be totally up for paying subscription.

Daves idea is nice also, perhaps have a member milsim etc
    ( seriously depends on numbers)

But its a good idea alright...especially in the current climate it would be an added bonus to present yourself as a member of some sort of "gun" club.

Thats the idea alright doc, i can have closed days for members only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

would it be the same price for 'juniors'?

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    would it be the same price for 'juniors'?

same price for every one.

hrta wrote: »
    Thats the idea alright doc, i can have closed days for members only, and for using pyro's

pyros....as in illegal in ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Puding wrote: »
    pyros....as in illegal in ireland?

They're not illegal though....you just need a license. Just like pistols aren't illegal, despite what most people think.

Paul is a licensed demolitions expert, and while I'm not sure of the exact requirements, he can use pyros in certain closed site circumstances, like a private club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

Being a demolitions expert just makes you sound cool:cool:

hrta wrote: »
    Thats about it, it just sounds cool on TV, but not when you have to work at it for living:eek:

id say it has its advantages though:D

Paul is a licensed demolitions expert, and while I'm not sure of the exact requirements, he can use pyros in certain closed site circumstances, like a private club.

the original post did not give a clear impression, i was unaware of pauls qualification, nice to see sites trying different things and trying to expand the airsoft experience in ireland.

• Advertisement

are we talking pyros as in smoke bombs and things like that?:confused:

Advertisement