Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC Commentary Team confirmed

• 24-11-2008 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/72244

Ignore the "grapevine" in the link, it's definite
    The BBC has confirmed David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan as part of its presenting team for its Formula One television coverage in 2009.
    Coulthard, who retired from racing at the end of the 2008 season, will join former team boss Jordan alongside anchor Jake Humphrey.
    BBC Radio 5 Live's Jonathan Legard will commentate alongside Martin Brundle.
    Ted Kravitz and Lee McKenzie will be the BBC's pitlane reporters.
    "After 15 seasons competing in F1, my passion for the sport is still very much alive, and therefore I was delighted to be given the opportunity to share my views and experiences through the BBC coverage of F1," said Coulthard.
    "Many of the BBC team are known to me already and, for those members new to F1, I look forward to building on the established audience of F1 fans in the UK."
    The BBC also said Murray Walker will return to the network as a regular presence on the Sport website.
    The BBC has a five-year F1 deal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If that's all true, nice one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

It's true...

...from the horses mouth here

Any word on the theme music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Not yet.

I'd be amazed if they don't use The Chain again - see Match of the Day, Skiing, Snooker, etc. BBC love all that tradition stuff.

I know the general opinion is that it should be the original version, but I always felt the drums were a bit weak and could be enhanced....one for the music forum maybe! ;)

Happy days either way! 5 year contract too!

PS - At least it won't be Moby and that awful, awful tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

I just can't wait to watch a whole F1 race without any ad breaks!! :D

• Advertisement

nikimere wrote: »

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

nikimere wrote: »

Absolutely agree.

It really kills the coverage - it is so easy to lose track after the ad breaks (no pun intended) of what's going on, especially on a hungover Sunday afternoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Great news..not too keen on Coulthard though, don't know why.:o

Any gossip on whether they'll broadcast in HD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Cant wait! No more ads and flicking from ITV to Setanta!

Good Line up to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Great news..not too keen on Coulthard though, don't know why.:o

Any gossip on whether they'll broadcast in HD?

no HD...

Id say it will be 2010 at least.. They sold all there cameras during the summer so most are HD but they still have to work out the in car cameras..

I think its a good line up.. i like brundel i think hes the best commentater. also like the guy on setanta who knows his stuff about the cars engineering side ( he can ramble on during the practice when its boring) ( but cant remember his name :S)

• Advertisement

DC can be funny when he wants to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

I think DC has mellowed over the years. He's not the whiner he used to be and seems to have lost the chip on his shoulder. I'm looking forward to seeing him coz I think he'll be very professional.

The best thing about all this?? NO JAMES ALLEN!!!

I just hope the BBC don't fall into the trap ITV did and turn F1 coverage into a Lewisfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

thankgod for widescreen to fit that jaw in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

anto-t wrote: »
    no HD...
    ... also like the guy on setanta who knows his stuff about the cars engineering side ( he can ramble on during the practice when its boring) ( but cant remember his name :S)

Gary Anderson? From Antrim, used to be Chief Engineer for Jordan F1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I just came on here to see if there had been any official announcement about the BBC's team and low and behold, there is. I'm really glad Brundle is going to be doing the commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 SamWiseWoahZay

smooch71 wrote: »

The best thing about all this?? NO JAMES ALLEN!!!

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

anto-t wrote: »
    also like the guy on setanta who knows his stuff about the cars engineering side ( he can ramble on during the practice when its boring) ( but cant remember his name :S)
    I think your talking about Garry Anderson. His technical insight is unmatched. While on ITV they could be waffeling on about the same issue but they are way of the mark with there analysis

Advertisement