Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator Warning Icons

Options
  • 24-11-2008 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭

I've seen suggestions similar to this made a while back, but i don't think there's harm in bringing it up again?

Frequently i see moderators resorting to caps or use of bold font to make their in thread warnings more noticeable. So what I'm suggesting here is a feature to make moderator warnings more visible.

Essentially all I'm suggesting is that moderators are given an additional check box to their post reply UI. clicking it would do something along the lines of indenting the body of their post by another 100pixels or so and place a big red warning sign to the right of their avatar, (and perhaps insert an Automatic post title along the lines of 'General Conduct Warning' in bigger, and perhaps red font or something like that?). I think it would make in thread warnings more visible and put an end to the useless excuses of 'I didn't know he/she was a moderator' we see crop up. I can't see it being too much of a headache to implement? a toggled left floating Div to the body of the post?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Someone suggested something similiar before. Something along the lines of the QUOTE function but that would put a yellow box around your post or something .. sorta along the lines of "this is an official message from the moderator" etc .. to help people distinguish from a mod just getting involved in the banter and actually being serious.

Good idea though.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement