Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exorcising Satan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Galvasean wrote: »
    Maybe the devil is so evil he can't help but torture others who would probably help him if he didn't torture them.

See that would be fine. If he's just a sadist I can accept that.

But then it doesn't seem to correspond with all the other stuff about him being subtle and slowly convincing people he doesn't exist etc. If he's clever enough to do all that stuff in a calculated manner in order to get people down to hell, you'd think he'd have the patience and self control to keep the sadism to a minimum while he trains up an army to storm the gates of Heaven.

Something doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I asked this in the clone of this thread but I thought I would ask it again here.

Is no one else bothered that the man with the most religious power on Earth(and who bears a striking resemblance to Emperor Palpatine) is sending his Storm Troopers out into the world to lay waste to those he has deemed "possessed" by imaginary demons?

George "Greedo shot First" Lucas must surely be talking to lawyers at this very moment?

*cue imperial march*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

javaboy wrote: »

No?!
    *cue imperial march*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I asked this in the clone of this thread but I thought I would ask it again here.

Is no one else bothered that the man with the most religious power on Earth(and who bears a striking resemblance to Emperor Palpatine) is sending his Storm Troopers out into the world to lay waste to those he has deemed "possessed" by imaginary demons?

George "Greedo shot First" Lucas must surely be talking to lawyers at this very moment?

*cue imperial march*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Gareth37 wrote: »
    His strategy is monotonous.

Are you sure you aren't the devil ... ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Zillah wrote: »
    javaboy wrote: »

No?!

Do you think he's going to answer my question at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Satan versus God, the rematch!

poster-emperor-horus.jpg

edit: if this post gets thanked once I will have 666....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

javaboy wrote:
    Do you think he's going to answer my question at any stage?

Not with anything you'd recognise as an answer, no.
    Galvasean wrote:
    edit: if this post gets thanked once I will have 666....

For the Emperor versus Horus? Of course.

I always found it interesting that in the Warhammer mythology Michael got his ass kicked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Gareth37 wrote: »
    His strategy is monotonous. I have told him so and he admits it … He convinces people that there is no hell, that there is no sin, just one more experience to live. Lust, success and power are the three great passions on which the Devil insists.

Speak up,i'm wearing a towel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

You can mock, make fun and ignore the obvious if you wish.

But if you ignore God like Ive done, Satan will take control of your lives like he did to me.

The human mind is controlled by 2 things;

1. the Holy Spirit and

2. Satan.

Both of these are spirits that exist everwhere. Psychology can control these very easily and it is this method that Satan uses as an entry point. The Holy Spirit is stronger but Satan can use many tricks to take control of places and people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Bedtime everybody!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement