Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exemptions

Options
  • 24-11-2008 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Ello
    Iv Been Doing Spanish for the past 3 years
    My Spanish class is completely overcrowded ,because there was only one opening in the timetable and 30 students wanted to do Spanish
    The school let all 30 students study it
    I'm finding it very hard to learn anything with so many people because there is a lot of messing and the teacher cant control them ,
    Iv asked the principle to make the class smaller ,But she refused
    And now I'm picking my leaving cert subjects and I just wanted to know if because of this problem could i get an exemption from Spanish so that i can go to college if i don't go back into it.
    And how would i go about getting one

~#~SORRY FOR REPOSTING WANTED TO DO MY BEST TO GET AN ANSWER~#~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Kershaw.D wrote: »
    Ello
    My Spanish class is completely overcrowded ,because there was only one opening in the timetable and 30 students wanted to do Spanish
    I'm finding it very hard to learn anything with so many people because there is a lot of messing and the teacher cant control them ,
    And now I'm picking my leaving cert subjects and I just wanted to know if because of this problem could i get an exemption from Spanish so that i can go to college if i don't go back into it.

You cant get an exemption due to over crowding, sorry, you also have no real right to a smaller class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I'd think you would have half of the countries leaving certs trying to get by like this if they could. Theres not much you can do. Maybe drop the subject in school and do pass spainish outside of school and get a d3 or something, thats all you need for college.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

...and remember what governments caused the overcrowding.

The Principal can only work with the number of staff she has been allocated.

When you say you are picking your LC subjects, have you not yet started your LC course? Perhaps not many of the 30 will choose it at LC (unless it is the only language the school does?). Is there the option of continuing in the class and getting a grind while arranging with your teacher to correct extra work from you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

plus you're allowed have 30 in the class. looking for an exemption is a bit extreme, you wouldn't be able to get an exemption for that reason anyway. just get on with it! everyone has to deal with crap situations like that in school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

i don't know, i don't think so tho..
    well,try grinds...if it really doesn't go well, if you can , drop it...

all the ppl in my french class are getting grinds, because we haven't been having a proper teacher since AUG!! she 'SICK'!! it's ridicous, we are the top honours class...at least you have a teacher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Kershaw.D wrote: »
    Ello

What you could do is ask the teacher for extra help after class or just get Spanish grinds. I doubt they would let you have an exemption just because the class is overcrowded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Overcrowding?! That is the usual class size! Do the work and get grinds if necessary.

Getting an exemption because the class is (in your opinion) too big is ludicrous impossible and as for asking the 'principle' to make the class smaller, do you think the school and the education system revolve around you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

deemark wrote: »
    Overcrowding?! That is the usual class size! Do the work and get grinds if necessary.

Getting an exemption because the class is (in your opinion) too big is ludicrous impossible and as for asking the 'principle' to make the class smaller, do you think the school and the education system revolve around you?!
    Yeah, who do you think you are!?

Everybody knows I'm the only centre of the universe!

Advertisement