Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Origin of a Believer (That's you Gareth37)

Options
  • 25-11-2008 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

So Garreth says:
    But if you ignore God like Ive done, Satan will take control of your lives like he did to me.

Perhaps if we understood your circumstances we'd better understand your belief in God. In what way did Satan control your life?

(Now is serious thread time! No Youtube or funny pictures!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Zillah wrote: »
    So Garreth says:

Perhaps if we understood your circumstances we'd better understand your belief in God. In what way did Satan control your life?

(Now is serious thread time! No Youtube or funny pictures!)

Well one thing I will tell you and tell you once.

Satan really "bugged" me, if you know what I am saying. Now you have got the message, you must convert and you know you must for what you are doing is from Satan himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Satan really "bugged" me, if you know what I am saying.

Please tell me you aren't trying to tell us that Satan hid listening devices around your home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I respect your beliefs Gareth but you dont need to tell people they must convert. I got enough of that in school growing up been told to be a god fearing bla bla and not having a choice, thats mainly why I turned my back on the church.
    When I die I dont care if I go to heaven or just simply cease to exist anywhere. What are you going to do if your wrong and you spend your life telling people to convert to a religion and then when your dieing you look back on life and realise , ya know what I only had one shot at this life and rather than enjoy myself I spent it oreaching to people who dont want to hear about it. Then ya die and maybe you go to "gods" house or whatever, then you'll be happy, then again you could just cease to exist anywhere and that will be a waste of a life.
    Im not telling you to stop preaching to people, cos your not going to change my mind anyways, just try live your life for you and not spend it trying to make people holy. If people want to belive they will, if they dont then there is nothing you can do about it mate.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Gareth, going by your posting history, you frequent the Gambling fora quite a lot... is that not against your religion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

No Youtube or funny pictures

Oops, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Now you have got the message

I have not got the message.

Schuhart banned for disobeying me. All must obey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Satan really "bugged" me, if you know what I am saying. Now you have got the message, you must convert and you know you must for what you are doing is from Satan himself.
    Gateth. I am fast becoming tired of your continual efforts to convert all us heathen. Now you have shifted to singling out individuals for conversion. This is a no no. Please refrain from this practice otherwise you leave me no choice but to enforce the Boards.ie Forced Vacation Policy. As they say "play the ball, not the man."

PS, you can't have Zillah, we need him and Satan would have no idea how to deal with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

WTF are you talking about?!?!?!? Can we please get a straight answer? Try not mentioning satan more than once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

why are people giving this Gareth guy the time of day!!! He is obviously a very confused guy and giving him a forum to rant on about his (ahem someone elses) ideas is plain ridiculous

• Advertisement

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Gateth. I am fast becoming tired of your continual efforts to convert all us heathen. Now you have shifted to singling out individuals for conversion. This is a no no. Please refrain from this practice otherwise you leave me no choice but to enforce the Boards.ie Forced Vacation Policy. As they say "play the ball, not the man."

I think we're a little more thick skinned than that :) At least in reference to myself, please allow him all the liberty you can allow. I shall be neither upset not overwhelmed at personal attempts for conversion. Plus, its not like I've not singled out others for the spotlight of discussion, it'd be a little hypocritical of me to then duck behind the mods.
    napapa wrote:
    why are people giving this Gareth guy the time of day!!! He is obviously a very confused guy and giving him a forum to rant on about his (ahem someone elses) ideas is plain ridiculous

We're curious. Well I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I assume this is what you were hinting at Gareth: Link

I'll take a wild shot here and try to put the pieces together:

You have discovered that some well known Irish business is in league with Satan or at least has him on their Board of Directors, they intend to bring about the final battle between Good and Evil however they have discovered that you know their secret and you are the only person who can stop their evil plan from coming to fruition. To prevent this they have hired private investigators to get at you and also drugged you and sabotaged your brakes in an attempt to get you out of the picture.

Dudess points out you are on the Gambling forum often, I am guessing this is an attempt to recon the enemy because I conclude from the evidence that the well known Irish company headed by Beelzebub himself is none other than Paddy Power Bookmakers.

Am I right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

We're curious. Well I am.

I think i've more curiosity in my dogs decision to s**t indoors rather than outside than Gareth!

Charco wrote: »
    I assume this is what you were hinting at Gareth: Link

I'll take a wild shot here and try to put the pieces together:

You have discovered that some well known Irish business is in league with Satan or at least has him on their Board of Directors, they intend to bring about the final battle between Good and Evil however they have discovered that you know their secret and you are the only person who can stop their evil plan from coming to fruition. To prevent this they have hired private investigators to get at you and also drugged you and sabotaged your brakes in an attempt to get you out of the picture.

Dudess points out you are on the Gambling forum often, I am guessing this is an attempt to recon the enemy because I conclude from the evidence that the well known Irish company headed by Beelzebub himself is none other than Paddy Power Bookmakers.

Am I right?

This is awesome. I couldn't have hoped for better. He means he literally was bugged by Satan.

SEE?! This is why I'm curious what drives people!
    Gareth37 wrote:
    The thing is I don't brake the law much, I go to mass and am not that bad a person

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

I think we're a little more thick skinned than that :) At least in reference to myself, please allow him all the liberty you can allow. I shall be neither upset not overwhelmed at personal attempts for conversion. Plus, its not like I've not singled out others for the spotlight of discussion, it'd be a little hypocritical of me to then duck behind the mods.
    Fair enough, I am the ones that has to deal with all the reported posts, so just doing my part of the job.
    If Gareth decides to persists, then it is open day for Martyrdom. Just try to be as nice as possible:)
    PS, I could never, ever, picture you ducking behind the mods

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Amusing as it was for a while, the whole conversion thing is wearing thin, and is in danger of turning A&A into After Hours.

To cut a long story short, Gareth37, unless you produce a reasoned response or a worthwhile point - it's End of Days for you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Charco wrote: »
    Please tell me you aren't trying to tell us that Satan hid listening devices around your home.

Yup, as I understand it, he sees you when you're sleeping, knows when you're awake, knows if you've been bad or good, so...

No, wait...

Stupid dyslexia!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Yup, as I understand it, he sees you when you're sleeping, knows when you're awake, knows if you've been bad or good, so...

No, wait...

Stupid dyslexia!
    You are going to hell. He knows who is going to hell. He has a list and he is checking it twice.... No wait.....

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I think I get what you are hinting at, but if I'm wrong it could be rather embarrassing for both of us so I won't say it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I think I get what you are hinting at, but if I'm wrong it could be rather embarrassing for both of us so I won't say it.

I looked at that message, and his original messsage for about 5 minutes before I got it :) I just kept thinking of insects and thinking 'what are they on about!'. Get it now, it's quite a personal thing so, and we shouldnt press him on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I looked at that message, and his original messsage for about 5 minutes before I got it :) I just kept thinking of insects and thinking 'what are they on about!'. Get it now, it's quite a personal thing so, and we shouldnt press him on it.

Ah no, lets ask...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here but I think this guy is just having a laugh. I mean nobody could be that.....well you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here but I think this guy is just having a laugh. I mean nobody could be that.....well you know.

You think that fella that shouts complex morality lectures at the bins on Grafton Street wouldn't be able to find his way onto boards? Given that we have an entire forum dedicated to mustard, isn't it likely he's even above an above average user in the basketcase stakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

You think that fella that shouts complex morality lectures at the bins on Grafton Street wouldn't be able to find his way onto boards? Given that we have an entire forum dedicated to mustard, isn't it likely he's even above an above average user in the basketcase stakes?

To be honest I was thinking along the lines of Schizophrenia or maybe Schizo-affective disorder. Either that or he's having a laugh but to be honest I think the poor guy has a lot of serious issues. I've studied alot of Psychology. I'm not saying I can diagnose but I've read about this sort of thing before.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Probably time for this to close since G37 is serving a ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement