Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abercrombie SANTA !!!

• 25-11-2008 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey guys,

My daughter wants some Abercrombie items for Christmas so its now time to get ordering so they will be here in time for the big day.

Has anyone ordered from the Abercrombie website recently ? Have you had to pay Customs/VAT etc... ?

I want to spend between $220-300 dollars - How do they calculate customs due etc.. ?

Does anyone have any discount codes ? Or know of any offers at the moment

All the help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance! :)

Santa ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Could be wrong but the last time I bought from the US i got hit with VAT so it was 21% of the cost.

You can get it marked gift and if get caught you get $45 (something close to that?) tax free but charged for the rest. Customs may keep it for a while too to make sure its genuine etc. PITA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Batman

On $300 american eagle...i got a customs charge of €80!! Never again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i ordered from them a few weeks ago. they delivered and i never got charged vat. apparently though ive been told that i can expect a bill in the post for the vat which can be up to 40%?

not looking forward to that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

Hi,

I ordered clothes off the Disney Store website in America last week. My order came to $71 dollars including shipping. It arrived at work yesterday with UPS and I had to pay a further €22.95 I was not happy at all. Will never order anything again from the USA.

bloody hell!!! thats a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

you can expect to pay vat and customs on it think its 21% and 40% but the customs is random its only if they decide to check your i've oreder once and got stung for €50 but a friend orders regularly and is yet to get charged customs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Here's what I had to pay when I ordered A&F clothes recently :(
    Duty => Total order value in € (incl shipping) x 12%
    Admin charge => 10
    VAT => ( Total order value + Duty + Admin charge ) x 21%

got my fex ex bill......not to bad i suppose. i ordered just over 200 dollars and it was 30 euro i have to pay.....10 euro adminstration charge and 18 euro vat.

Advertisement