Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team's capabale of breaking into the top four

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

They were at Newcastle anyway, normally Kompany is partner by Gelson, Elano or Johnson in the middle.

So you based your team on watching one game?
    Hamann has featured in about 5 games this season I'd say.

Johnson hasn't played since the third game of the season.
    And Gelson has hardly played aswell.

Kompany

Ireland
    SWP

That's what Citeh's midfield has generally looked like.

I do disagree with SWP at CM though, he's a natural winger, but needs must.

If the bring in Diarra in the summer I'd expect SWP to move out to right wing andDiarra to slot in beside Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Fair enough, I checked through their recent fixtures and I've been proven wrong but earlier in the season they were definitely a 4-2-3-1 ,they now play a 4-1-4-1 formation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Fair enough, I checked through their recent fixtures and I've been proven wrong but earlier in the season they were definitely a 4-2-3-1 ,they now play a 4-1-4-1 formation

This is a Man ****y thread now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tomthepost wrote: »
    This is a Man City thread now!

Better get used to it.

Tomthepost wrote: »
    This is a Man ****y thread now!

Really its a thread discussing the chance of Arsenal, City, Villa and Evertons ability to make 4th place their own this year.

We are currently discussing City's merits and the possibility of this happening.
    If you want to discuss one of the other teams post about them. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This year Villa are the only team capable of breaking the usual big four monopoly and Arsenal are the only ones capable of dropping out of it IMO.

Next year Man City will have a huge push for champions league and if buying Robinho in their first day in charge (and the last of the window) is a show of how they will do things then they have to be considerd in with a shout.

fighting to be the best of the rest next year though IMO will be 'Arry who can take Spurs further than he did Pompey IMO as Spurs have a better infastructure in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

The way it looks at the moment, Villa are the only team in with a shout of breaking in. But they won't, Arsenal will finish 4th or higher, guaranteed.

/Thread

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

with Walcott, Sagna, Toure, Rosicky, Eduardo and more all to return to the arsenal side and the fact that i doubt most people could see them repeating their start to the seasons form for the next 2/3rds of the season Arsenal still have to be the favourites, but if Villa can be consistant the spot is there for the taking. Losses vs Boro, Stoke and Newcastle need to be a thing of the past and as even MON admits a new striker is a must be it a Doyle, Owen, Podolski or whoever as Harewood simply isnt good enough.

However Villa have a fantastic injury record and our first XI can rival most teams, we didnt just beat Arsenal we played them off the park at times, as my flatmate who is an Arsenal fan said to me.

id still say 5th for Villa but there will be a big gap to 6th and City/Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Arsenal have two bad results and people are writing us off, Arsenal will finish top four this season.

As for Wenger leaving, no chance! He has never walked out on a contract and never will.

I'm only taking the mick to be fair, arsenal are still favorites in my opinion for top four but would love it they came 5th.

As for wenger leaving, its a farfetched bet i have with a friend, and at very high odds too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Frisbee wrote: »

If the bring in Diarra in the summer I'd expect SWP to move out to right wing andDiarra to slot in beside Ireland.

I reckon you will bring in someone far better and with a far higher profile than Diarra. Assuming you mean pompeys diarra?

only1stevo wrote: »
    I reckon you will bring in someone far better and with a far higher profile than Diarra. Assuming you mean pompeys diarra?

Diarra is a fantastic centre midfielder with a great engine. A real box-to-box man although his defensive capabilities outweigh his attacking one.
    Just because he plays for Pompey and not A.C. or Barcelona doesn't mean he's not a good player.

I wish beyond belief he was still at Arsenal.

Advertisement