Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a car checked in Dublin 24

Options
  • 25-11-2008 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

Looking at buying a 2nd hand Alfa (I know!) and looking to get a mechanic to look at it first. Its from a dealer in Dublin 24. Any reccomendations of people boardsies use who might be able to do it in the next few days? And what should I expect to pay/

Many thanks in advance,
    Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Gerry Campbell in TI Autos, just off the NCR, is your man. You'll have to bring it to him first, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Anan1 wrote: »
    Gerry Campbell in TI Autos, just off the NCR, is your man. You'll have to bring it to him first, though.

Thanks Anan, Im a bit stuck though (work stuff) so I cant get out at all this week. Otherwise I would bring it over to my own mechanic. Need a travelling guy!

Thanks again for the help,
    Simon

I don't mean to sound difficult, but you really need to get a 156 checked out by someone who knows what they're doing. A good one is a joy, but a bad one can easily break your heart. Might the seller bring it to Gerry for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Anan1 wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound difficult, but you really need to get a 156 checked out by someone who knows what they're doing. A good one is a joy, but a bad one can easily break your heart. Might the seller bring it to Gerry for you?

Youre right of course. Do you have a number for him. Would be able to get in to him tomorrow if he is available.

Cheers,
    Simon

It's 01 8386567. He's a nice guy, very easy to talk to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement