Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pizza in Sydney?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a decent pizza in Sydney (CBD and Kings Cross). tbh there are alot of spots here selling greasy average pizza. One gorgeous spot called Modena in the shopping centre at town hall station but I havent found anywhere else that is great. Means I am stuck with mackers and Hungry Burger Jack Kings (or whatever he calls himself here :) ). 11 days of that type of stuff is taking its toll, need to gorge on decent pizza.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭88show

there's a good place over in liedchart but forget the pizza and try the turkish place beside the BP station on clevland and crown streets.
    ask for there lamb kebab with cheese and bbq sauce. and if yr worried bout the meat the pizza's just as bad. counter, you said macca's and jacks so you'll be right.
    the best 5'er you'll spend on food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

Don't know any in the CBD or the cross.
    But for anyone else who's interested, Zesti on Darling St in Balmain is lush.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

There are a few luxury pizza places around Darlington surry hills etc
    I used to live near a place called 'Crust' was excellent

or the australian hotel in the rocks do some good ones .. actually in fact I would guess any italian in the rocks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Speaking of pizza, any kiwis in Ireland, or people who have visited NZ or even people like me who plan to go abck to Ireland will be glad to hear Hell Pizza are opening three branches in Dublin in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

watna wrote: »
    Speaking of pizza, any kiwis in Ireland, or people who have visited NZ or even people like me who plan to go abck to Ireland will be glad to hear Hell Pizza are opening three branches in Dublin in the new year.

that is awesome.

put them on the plane, it would be even more wicked if they sold milo on the side! man a fulla really misses his milo sometimes after been bought up on the bloody stuff

88show wrote: »
    put them on the plane, it would be even more wicked if they sold milo on the side! man a fulla really misses his milo sometimes after been bought up on the bloody stuff

I've just gone to bed and I'm having a nice hot milo right now - I kid you not.

It's yummy. :)

I've just gone to bed and I'm having a nice hot milo right now - I kid you not.

It's yummy. :)

bro thats just plain mean
    you need your head held under the covers after someone finished a huge feed of kina's:mad:

88show wrote: »
    bro thats just plain mean
    you need your head held under the covers after someone finished a huge feed of kina's:mad:

If I'm lay-dee can I still be your bro? :)

I will pass the covers on to my bf and see if he thinkgs I deserve it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

dont know any in the cbd,

this ones on bondi and they do a great pizza and pasta dishes aswell.
    i think its called papa romas...

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-33.88367,151.275816&spn=0.011312,0.02738&z=16&layer=c&cbll=-33.889331,151.274854&panoid=A-ZllZZjoq3JDa-B9esTxQ&cbp=2,84.38721399455073,,0,2.2225221074515877

If I'm lay-dee can I still be your bro? :)

I will pass the covers on to my bf and see if he thinkgs I deserve it!

as my 2 yr old might say
    'boobies or not' u still can be a bro, sis
    now I hope he had a stink one waiting for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Possibly the best pizza i have ever had was crust on crown street , Amazing pizza. Here is there details. http://www.crust.com.au/home/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I hear Coogee Bay Hotel do pizzas and they are the sh!t :pac:

dSTAR wrote: »
    2 weeks ago called, they want their joke back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Sorry for leaving such a bad taste in your mouth.

I'll get my coat

Sarge wrote: »
    Possibly the best pizza i have ever had was crust on crown street , Amazing pizza. Here is there details. http://www.crust.com.au/home/

yes!!
    good choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

dSTAR wrote: »

Jesus, was that the biggest story in Oz between the olympics and the bushfires? :p I cant count the amount of people who mentioned it, ffs its one incident of bad practice like.

CB Hotel has the best beer garden I was in.....actually, the only one I was in, for a hot country the idea still has to catch on a bit!

Is it common practice to throw peppers and spices on a pizza there, and therefore you should always request none? I got one that nearly had me hallucinating.

Where is the nearest Dominos to Kings Cross/ the CBD end of KC? Got a pizza out in the sticks for the equiv of about 4 euro, costs 14 back here. Unbelieveable, but Ive only ever seen Dominos in suburbs or rural towns.

shane86 wrote: »
    Jesus, was that the biggest story in Oz between the olympics and the bushfires? :p I cant count the amount of people who mentioned it, ffs its one incident of bad practice like.

CB Hotel has the best beer garden I was in.....actually, the only one I was in, for a hot country the idea still has to catch on a bit!

Is it common practice to throw peppers and spices on a pizza there, and therefore you should always request none? I got one that nearly had me hallucinating.

Where is the nearest Dominos to Kings Cross/ the CBD end of KC? Got a pizza out in the sticks for the equiv of about 4 euro, costs 14 back here. Unbelieveable, but Ive only ever seen Dominos in suburbs or rural towns.

there is one in surry hills but that is about it for CBD, dominoes are cheap as chips here, $6 large on tuesday or something ... but pretty cr*p quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

I had a pizza at this place in Jan - and as a pizza aficionado, I'd highly recommend them. A little bit out of the way from the CBD but you can pop into the Welcome on the way back for a pint.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/restaurant-reviews/rossopomodoro/2007/01/18/1168709885085.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

Dominos in Surry Hills on Elizabeth St, KC is pretty close for delivery.

Def agree with Crust and thanks cos didnt know was one in Surry. We get them delivered from Neutral Bay every 2nd Friday to work and they are quality!!

Also Two Fat Chefs in Rushcutters Bay do nice calzones, havent tried their pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

that is awesome.

haha, my fella's son works at hell pizza now. we gets a free one on weekends :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Gourmet pizza on Bondi road do an excellent pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Best pizza in Sydney is Gelbisons down on Bondi. It's on the south end of the beach almost opposite Icebergs. I'd thoroughly recommend the "Calabrese" and it's BYO so a bottle or two of wine is great with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Best pizza in Sydney is Gelbisons down on Bondi. It's on the south end of the beach almost opposite Icebergs. I'd thoroughly recommend the "Calabrese" and it's BYO so a bottle or two of wine is great with it.

I agree its pretty good and cheap but I dont find the selection great down there, tonnes of stuff on the menu but still i struggle to order!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned the best pizza joint in Sydney yet. Rizzi's Pizza at Bondi Junction, just off Bondi rd towards the Westfield. It is unbelievable. The guy has a 14" TV outside the shop and a couple of office chairs and he does the nicest homemade garlic bread as well.

Also if your in the Cross then you have to hit the New York Slice just off the main st. It's top notch for when ur drunk and the guy that used to work in it (this time last year) was mad. He had the big headphone on while he worked and after you payed for it he would hit you up with a big high-five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 goozey

dimitris on corner of campbell & crown st does great pizzas, also macchiatos in the city (liverpool st) delish! bout $20 so bit on the dearer side for backpackers maybe,but well worth it.

Advertisement