Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone studying in the UK?

• 25-11-2008 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

I'm in my 2nd Year at Chester University studying Graphic Design, and was wondering who else studied in the UK from Boards.ie? (if any)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

There is a dedicated NI & GB colleges forum...it used to be called NI & UK colleges but people complained :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I don't think anyone in there is currently studying in England/Wales/Scotland (if they are they're keeping very quiet about it!) but there are a few of us in NI.

Stop in and say hi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Skull_Collector

Hi,
    I am going to Chester next year to study. Can I ask, did you get any grants there? I hope to be able to apply for something, but some people have told me you need to be a resident in the UK for 3 years or more. Otherwise you get nothing. Can you share your experiences?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Hi,
    I am going to Chester next year to study. Can I ask, did you get any grants there? I hope to be able to apply for something, but some people have told me you need to be a resident in the UK for 3 years or more. Otherwise you get nothing. Can you share your experiences?

Cheers.

Correct I'm afraid, as fair as UK SLC/Grants go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

I'm studying in UK :D Have done for nearly 5 years now. Undergrad degree was 4 years (university of Abertay), am now in postgrad PGDE (University of the West of Scotland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Hi,

Cheers.

I've studied 2 years previously in Dundalk so I was ineligible for a grant for my first 2 years in Chester. I have been told though that I am eligible for a grant for Year 3. That's with my Local VEC. I don't know of any other grants I might be entitled to, anyone know?

What you going to Chester to study?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

Im studying Nursing in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ak6879

Im studying in Swansea..... a year is cool, but Im in my second and finding it a far too long here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

ak6879 wrote: »
    Im studying in Swansea..... a year is cool, but Im in my second and finding it a far too long here!

Whats Swansea like, thinking doing a post grad there for year in computational mechanics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

Darren1o1 wrote: »
    Whats Swansea like, thinking doing a post grad there for year in computational mechanics?
    Well if ak isn't enjoying the second year I think you're going to get a biased answer! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

KateF wrote: »
    Well if ak isn't enjoying the second year I think you're going to get a biased answer! :p

True true :) I have heard good things about that particular master programme. The particular dept. is second only after Imperial in RAE rankings. I think I can handle a year of no social life after all I am an engineer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ak6879

well actually I don't have anything bad to say about the place. Ive made good friends mainly foreign like myself which makes anywhere great. Its cool for a year but I know theres alot of people who'd agree that a year is plenty of time here.
    It would depend on if you have the option of going anywhere else and where that is. Welsh people are lovely, mad but lovely... but be warned, I have to admit I was a bit culture shocked the first few times I went out on a night out in Swansea especially at the weekend!

Advertisement