Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sciency-type presents?

Options
  • 25-11-2008 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

**If possible, I'd like to avoid shopping online

Just curious if anyone knows anywhere in Dublin (city centre or thereabouts) that does decent science-related gifts? Anything to do with Physics or Astronomy would be the main area I'm looking at...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

What sort of science related gifts ? and for what age group ?

Are we talking kids chemistry sets or advanced bunsen burners ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Age group 18 +

He studies physics and is crazy about anything to do with physics or astronomy... something maybe he could put on his desk or on his wall? He already has a newtons cradle, and it's along that kinda line I'm looking for

Is there anywhere that deals specifically with science gadgets/products in Dublin? The only place I can think of is the Gadget Shop but Im not even sure if thats there anymore (was on the top floor of Jervis Centre)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The gadget shop might have gone bust I think.

I know you said not online, but at least have a look here, millions of stuff dirt cheap. Lot of sciency gadgets. Extremely strong burning laser pens, plasma balls etc

http://www.dealextreme.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Again my suggestion would be online -

www.thinkgeek.com

Have some interesting bits and bobs, they can be pricey on the delivery though and there's a chance of getting hit on customs.

Advertisement