Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gordon Ramsay Swearing and Tearing

Options
  • 25-11-2008 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello, does anybody out there see what this guy does and what he is capable to do to vulnerable people and he not only gets away with it but he also gets paid for it and all for entertainment sake????

This Is Not About His Bad Language!
    He is most certainly a sick creature. He grew up in a **** whole, son of an aggressive alcoholic father, and an abused undermined mother in a family from hell threatened to be killed by their drunken head every day of the week and more. Now he gets paid for showing the extent of his anger being landed on poor susceptible people on TV, openly displaying in detail to all families at home all that violence, women degradation, discrimination, racism and making us all feel agitated and disturbed.

Is this an unconventional and sick effort to raise awareness?

He should be on medication. Healing his anger is the job of his psychotherapist or mental institution not TV exposure. There are treatments for this kind of guy and their depression, anxiety and his obsessive-compulsive disorder about perfection, maybe in private and not in front of the children at home. It all just seemed immature, gratuitous and completely unnecessary. Like a teenager trying to be big and clever.

He is just like his dad, caught driving under the effect of alcohol, cheating on his wife and more likely an abusive husband. I can not imagine him sitting at home been all soft, calm and relaxed if a domestic uneasy row between him and his lovely wife or children arises. He can’t keep calm in front of the cameras would he be calm at home behind the curtains?? Verbal abuse of that calibre can easily escalate into physical violence.

We Are Paying Him To Be A Bully And It Should Stop!

- He has criminal record over his restaurant empire's 'elusive' paperwork.
    - He has shocked fans in the U.S. by mocking the country's law system.
    - He has a brother facing jail in Indonesia for heroin possession.
    - He has already been caught driving under the effect of alcohol and
    - He has been caught cheating on his wife, a seven-year affair that spans more than half of his marriage. And this is the family man that had previously described his wife as “the only woman who can turn me on. Tana is my wife, my lover and the person I want in my bed and in my arms every night”. So sweet, isn’t him.

And What Do We Do About It?

He may deserve his strictly professional awards but:
    - In 2006 he was voted Celebrity Father of the year.
    - In 2007 the Ramsays were Celebrity Family of the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hmmm first post and you come up with this? suspicious to say the least

Also if you think his bullying victims are not in on the reality tv show-scam then you are delusional

My suggestion

1)
    BridgeReconstr.jpg
    2)
    GetOverItPoster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

An entire post made up of lies, speculation and tabloid nonsense...
    Wow, I thought avoiding the Daily Mail would allow me to escape this kind of crap...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

he is obviously been asked to act a prick on telly for the shock value. I cant wait to see someone thump him but i do like him. Jeremy kyle is worse

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Some of his ex employees would disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

this is the restaurant business get over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Elaborate?

Americans shocked at someone saying something negative about anything to do with their country.
    Hold the front page.

What is your point? He talks about his brother in great detail in his autobiography.
    - He has already been caught driving under the effect of alcohol

What do you mean already? What are you suggesting is coming next?
    - He has been caught cheating on his wife, a seven-year affair that spans more than half of his marriage. And this is the family man that had previously described his wife as “the only woman who can turn me on. Tana is my wife, my lover and the person I want in my bed and in my arms every night”. So sweet, isn’t him.

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

gizmo wrote: »
    Wow, I thought avoiding the Daily Mail would allow me to escape this kind of crap...:rolleyes:

You have to avoid the Internet too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Satiro

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Elaborate?

Americans shocked at someone saying something negative about anything to do with their country.
    Hold the front page.

What is your point? He talks about his brother in great detail in his autobiography.

What do you mean already? What are you suggesting is coming next?

Source?
    Do you ever read the paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hello, does anybody out there see what this guy does and what he is capable to do to vulnerable people and he not only gets away with it but he also gets paid for it and all for entertainment sake????

This Is Not About His Bad Language!
    He is most certainly a sick creature. He grew up in a **** whole, son of an aggressive alcoholic father, and an abused undermined mother in a family from hell threatened to be killed by their drunken head every day of the week and more. Now he gets paid for showing the extent of his anger being landed on poor susceptible people on TV, openly displaying in detail to all families at home all that violence, women degradation, discrimination, racism and making us all feel agitated and disturbed.

Is this an unconventional and sick effort to raise awareness?

He should be on medication. Healing his anger is the job of his psychotherapist or mental institution not TV exposure. There are treatments for this kind of guy and their depression, anxiety and his obsessive-compulsive disorder about perfection, maybe in private and not in front of the children at home. It all just seemed immature, gratuitous and completely unnecessary. Like a teenager trying to be big and clever.

He is just like his dad, caught driving under the effect of alcohol, cheating on his wife and more likely an abusive husband. I can not imagine him sitting at home been all soft, calm and relaxed if a domestic uneasy row between him and his lovely wife or children arises. He can’t keep calm in front of the cameras would he be calm at home behind the curtains?? Verbal abuse of that calibre can easily escalate into physical violence.

We Are Paying Him To Be A Bully And It Should Stop!

- He has already been caught driving under the effect of alcohol and

And What Do We Do About It?

He may deserve his strictly professional awards but:
    - In 2006 he was voted Celebrity Father of the year.
    - In 2007 the Ramsays were Celebrity Family of the year.

Well, Mrs Ramsay, have you tried marriage counselling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I think he is generally positive to people he who want to be helped (with their cooking skills) and openly disdainful of those who dont. I dont see much more than that in his telly appearances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Great choice of avatar OP, the unsettling ga-ga eyes fit the post perfectly. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

and more likely an abusive husband
    What a disgusting little post. I hope Mr. Ramsay is not reading this or you could be in trouble.

I agree with you Julie, this Gordon Blue chef has crossed the line. He is using the abused and the system to make his millions. I hope this sex scandal destroy Ramsay's empire?

What a disgusting little post. I hope Mr. Ramsay is not reading this or you could be in trouble.

For some reason I recall an old Spooks episode where an MI5 woman met her demise after her face was pushed into a deep-fat fryer. :eek: Being sworn at by a mad chef has got to be better than that.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Source?
    Satiro wrote: »
    Do you ever read the paper?

Yeah the news of the world ... I think they also said Freddie Starr ate a hamster

guys can you not see this user is a Journo? First point post that articulate ... come on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

hussey wrote: »
    Yeah the news of the world ... I think they also said Freddie Starr ate a hamster

guys can you not see this user is a Journo? First point that articulate ... come on

I would have to disagree on the articulate thing. Then again they are a journo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

PeakOutput wrote: »
    this is the restaurant business get over it
    kmick wrote: »
    I think he is generally positive to people he who want to be helped (with their cooking skills) and openly disdainful of those who dont. I dont see much more than that in his telly appearances.

I think you guys are being a bit hard on the OP - or at least on some of the stuff the OP says.
    Now, I can't speak for the accuracy of most of the stuff said in the OP's post. I also can't speak for whether the OP has any dodgy motivations (journalist etc)

But I would like to make two main points, if that's ok:

1) I think it's well worth raising the point that as mainstream TV entertainment we now have a celebrity chef who gives pretty bad abuse, to real people, in a non-fiction settting, for the viewers entertainment. It's worth asking whether this is a good thing. (I'm not talking about censorship or anything, but just wondering if it's good that this is what we want to watch now). I think this is the main thrust of the OPs post, and has been largely ignored.
    Also if you think his bullying victims are not in on the reality tv show-scam then you are delusional
    seanybiker wrote: »
    he is obviously been asked to act a prick on telly for the shock value. I cant wait to see someone thump him but i do like him.

2) It's quite a common theme in the replies that he is putting it all on, and that all the 'nastiness' is an act. This may be the case. But I'd ask anyone who takes that line to consider the following:
    The documentary series Boiling Point filmed Ramsay regularly and spectacularly losing his temper, verbally and physically abusing staff.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1448742.stm
    The rest of that article does say a lot of positive things about Ramsay outside the kitchen.

But that quote refers to a "fly-on-the-wall" documentary series filmed in 1998, before Gordon was famous.
    I've previously seen some of it broadcast.

There's a few clips from it here:
    (You may find some of the content a bit disturbing).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it7IdcboFz0

So maybe those chefs are all actors, and the series was all setup, in an elaborate channel4/ramsey conspiracy that has yet to come out.

But it seems to be a genuine documentary; remember, it was before the reality TV boom (Big Brother UK was year 2000, for reference).
    I think clips like that could be very relevant to someone deciding what is and what is not an act for TV, and would ask people to have a look before making their mind up on that matter, if they have not previously seen the documentary.

Edit: I'd also like to add, I'm not proposing to judge the man, or say anything about his private life. I'd just like to make the points that I'm not sure its good to watch people on TV getting abuse, and that I'm not sure all the abuse giving is an act.

All that Boiling Point stuff is very real. You can bet the man isn't very nice to his staff particularly in the early days. He went through the same stuff himself with a dysfunctional perferctionist head chef.

There is a culture of abuse in the cooking world similar almost to the military. Should we accept it? Probably not.

This guy after 20 seconds explains it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TluCopBGC6k&feature=related

The people sign up really and expect the abuse if they go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Julie McGale

Hi and sorry for not coming back sooner to this forum. Just blame the whether. I have seen the poor response on the debate and I appreciate fergalr’s efforts to revive or motivate it. I really believe this issue should be addressed. There is no justification for bullying and Gordon intentionally does it in any possible way causing harm to others verbally and physically.

Before I continue I just want to clarify a couple of things; First, I am not a journo, “hussey”, and certainly not Mrs Ramsay either “ejmaztec”. My comments about Ramsay are all based on bona fide articles from respectable papers and also from the internet. The-Rigger; I’m not going to go looking for the links to the sources for you now, sorry, I haven’t got the time, but it’s pretty easy, you can do it yourself if interested. I’ll make sure I mention the source in the future though. Finally, and this is for “Climate Expert”, what I have written here in this forum is not disgusting as you classify it, it is the truth. Sometime people don’t want to see it or may be, as it doesn’t affect them directly, they choose not to see it. Like the kid that sees his friend being physically harassed a do nothing to help him. What is really disgusting however, is his own mouth and his offensive behaviour.

So, what you see on TV is definitely not an act; his tactics of intimidation and manipulation are real. It is probably true what he says in the videos “Climate Expert” pointed out, that his employees know what to expect. However, I don’t think they know the extent of the abuse until they get there. *Furthermore, that doesn’t mean they are ok with it. They are trapped in a helpless position; they are forced to tolerate it if they want to succeed in their career. Nobody likes to be humiliated on national TV, and in front of your whole family at home.

The use of his bully boy tactics go beyond the kitchen, he has used them in business to get what he wants, to get that big. See the article in Restaurant News where Ramsay is said to have used bullyboy tactics including physical threats and commercial sabotage to force Alistair Paton out of a business he wanted to secure for himself. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/restaurants/article-23250761-details/It's+time+to+go+f*@!ing+global/article.do

School bullying is also expected to exist and parents are forced to send their children to school every day knowing their kids could be targeted, but at least efforts are been made to discourage bullying. What TV programs are doing here is glamorising bullying; they are taking it to Hollywood. How can you discourage bullying and tell children it is wrong when they see on TV they can become famous and make money by shouting, swearing and humiliating others. See article on this point here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-416175/Teachers-leader-accuses-Gordon-Ramsay-glamorising-bullying.html

Come on guys…let’s see what you got…

Without any evidence you said that he was an abusive husband. I'm going to email this thread to him and let him judge your bit of slander. He's taken plenty to court before and just so you know, you're not completely anonymous online.

• Advertisement

Hi and sorry for not coming back sooner to this forum. Just blame the whether. I have seen the poor response on the debate and I appreciate fergalr’s efforts to revive or motivate it. I really believe this issue should be addressed. There is no justification for bullying and Gordon intentionally does it in any possible way causing harm to others verbally and physically.

Before I continue I just want to clarify a couple of things; First, I am not a journo, “hussey”, and certainly not Mrs Ramsay either “ejmaztec”. My comments about Ramsay are all based on bona fide articles from respectable papers and also from the internet. The-Rigger; I’m not going to go looking for the links to the sources for you now, sorry, I haven’t got the time, but it’s pretty easy, you can do it yourself if interested. I’ll make sure I mention the source in the future though. Finally, and this is for “Climate Expert”, what I have written here in this forum is not disgusting as you classify it, it is the truth. Sometime people don’t want to see it or may be, as it doesn’t affect them directly, they choose not to see it. Like the kid that sees his friend being physically harassed a do nothing to help him. What is really disgusting however, is his own mouth and his offensive behaviour.

So, what you see on TV is definitely not an act; his tactics of intimidation and manipulation are real. It is probably true what he says in the videos “Climate Expert” pointed out, that his employees know what to expect. However, I don’t think they know the extent of the abuse until they get there. *Furthermore, that doesn’t mean they are ok with it. They are trapped in a helpless position; they are forced to tolerate it if they want to succeed in their career. Nobody likes to be humiliated on national TV, and in front of your whole family at home.

The use of his bully boy tactics go beyond the kitchen, he has used them in business to get what he wants, to get that big. See the article in Restaurant News where Ramsay is said to have used bullyboy tactics including physical threats and commercial sabotage to force Alistair Paton out of a business he wanted to secure for himself. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/restaurants/article-23250761-details/It's+time+to+go+f*@!ing+global/article.do

School bullying is also expected to exist and parents are forced to send their children to school every day knowing their kids could be targeted, but at least efforts are been made to discourage bullying. What TV programs are doing here is glamorising bullying; they are taking it to Hollywood. How can you discourage bullying and tell children it is wrong when they see on TV they can become famous and make money by shouting, swearing and humiliating others. See article on this point here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-416175/Teachers-leader-accuses-Gordon-Ramsay-glamorising-bullying.html

Come on guys…let’s see what you got…

If you're not a journalist, that must mean that you work for The Daily Mail, because they also seem to have him in his sights.

If you don't want your kids to watch bullying on tv, rip out the guts of the tv and turn it into an aquarium.

If you let your kids watch the news, they can see how exciting it is to rob and kill and be famous. I don't think that Gordon Ramsay is the "Anti-christ", and I can't see why he should be singled out above any other celebrity.

You really should get a more worthwhile obsession.

Cripes, Climate Expert, edit that post out/delete that post quick, you aren't allowed say things like that on boards, and for good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Julie McGale

That’s right; he has the whole world press saying worse things about him now. Why taking me to court when he can take The Times and make money??? Anyway, there is no need for that I’m a small fish making a point, hope you get it…

fergalr wrote: »
    Cripes, Climate Expert, edit that post out/delete that post quick, you aren't allowed say things like that on boards, and for good reason.

Yes you can say those things. You can't threaten boards with legal action without getting banned and I haven't done that.

Yes you can say those things. You can't threaten boards with legal action without getting banned and I haven't done that.
    Ok, sorry, the rule seemed pretty sweeping to me, don't know the specifics of it, didn't want anyone to fall foul of anything.
    Best of luck.

That’s right; he has the whole world press saying worse things about him now. Why taking me to court when he can take The Times and make money??? Anyway, there is no need for that I’m a small fish making a point, hope you get it…

If parents are so concerned about Mr Ramsey and his bullying then ... DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS WATCH TV WITH GORDON RAMSEY IN THEM

it is easy really, but no, instead of doing something about it, people want to point the finger at someone else.

so why don't you go back to your desk job as a wannabe journo and write up on real news,

If parents are so concerned about Mr Ramsey and his bullying then ... DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS WATCH TV WITH GORDON RAMSEY IN THEM

it is easy really, but no, instead of doing something about it, people want to point the finger at someone else.

so why don't you go back to your desk job as a wannabe journo and write up on real news,

Ups, too late! See this link, quite funny as well.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZqwR9tbJE

See No. 2

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=xsnVvXkDnqM

and 3

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=I-5e_Tjv7vg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Ffs. This is ridiculous. Somebody is giving their opinion, dont be turning on the OP and making it personal. So bloody childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

But why is the OP making it personal? Why isn't she on a campaign to get rid of reality TV showing lewd behavior? Or to stop the news from showing violence? Why has the OP decided that after reading a few bits from tabloids, that they were real and decided to start a campaign in Ireland against an Englishman? What has Ramsey done, besides play a caricature of himself?

And why now? Why not a couple of years ago when he was on mainstream tv all the time? Christ, does he even still have a show, or is it all repeats now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

The OP is definitely not a journalist, not even of the shoddy cut and paste variety. No journalist would be some lurid and pathetic to label someone a racist, an abusive husband and an alcoholic without so much as a shread of evidence.

Nasty & vindicative. The man's private is his own. I couldn't give a fook what he's been up to in his own time. I enjoy his shows, fins him very entertaining and hope he's around to annoy people like the OP for many years to come.

He's provided more employment and opportunity in the catering industry than anyone here ever will, he might be a bit of cnut to work for, but no one is forced to work for him. People do because they're very aware of the positive impact on their careers.

I'd ask that you have the decency to let his wife make her own decisions about whether or not she should remain married to her husband.

Such vitriol. Relax. Get over it. Move on.:cool:

Advertisement