Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Libertas replace the PDs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

So will FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

latenia wrote: »
    Never vote for a party with a Latin name; they're invariably cranks.

I'd consider giving a preference to a party called Mea Culpa.

Libertas will fail within 18 months if it runs in the Local/euro elections. Its core base would be small. Its "success" in the lisbon treaty was because of a strange alliance between the conservative right, the scary left and the professional "anti-whatever" crowd, supercharged by money and fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

MG wrote: »
    I'd consider giving a preference to a party called Mea Culpa.

Libertas will fail within 18 months if it runs in the Local/euro elections. Its core base would be small. Its "success" in the lisbon treaty was because of a strange alliance between the conservative right, the scary left and the professional "anti-whatever" crowd, supercharged by money and fear.

best post ive read in the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

What were the PD's in reality? What did they amount to in the end? Answer = confused and dichotic, did I mention pointless. As far as Libertas replacing them in in Political circles, no I do'nt think so. Primetime tried a hatchet job on Declan Ganley the other night, a man of mystery,intrigue, nay dodgy. Well if the suggestions on the Primetime show are true then he has all the qaulifications and credentials for an Irish political leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Latenia wrote:
    Never vote for a party with a Latin name; they're invariably cranks..

True, but if he changed to "Cui Bono?" he'd at least get a laugh.

Most mainstream politicians intensely distrust Ganley for three main reasons:

1) He doesn't come from a political dynasty and therefor doesn't have Daddy's comfortable Dail seat to inherit

2) he is independently wealthy and doesn't need to emoluate himself to the tune of €220K that the average minister claims

3) he comes from the private sector.

A great deal of his wealth comes from contracts with the US. He has links with at least one US conservative "think tank" and has published with them. Therefore its safe to say that his "independent wealth" is merely independent of the sources available to the "average minister". Its not too much to suggest that the question is not whether or not he must prostrate himself, but rather to whom he does so and for what end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Aloysius Flyte

Anyone see the primetime interview? If not, its on the RTE website. There is also a very good article in indymedia written by Chekhov Feeney. Well worth reading.

I would not like the cross Declan Ganley. He associated with some shady people and when he doens't like a certain line of questioning lets it be known and tried to bully his way out by threatening legal action.

The fact of the matter is his won't disclose how he became wealthy and saying nothing only makes one look guilty. There are too many connections with senior military personnel in America and a dodgy scam in Albania to name but a few.

I do not think that we have heard the last of him and I for one will be watching closely. There are too many things not adding up and I for one do not trust him.

Advertisement