Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The North Strand Bombing - Dublin May 31st 1941

Options
  • 25-11-2008 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

I made a radio documentary about the North Strand Bombing in college a few years ago, about the time the Gremans dropped bombs on the North Strand/Amiens St area of North inner city Dublin.

I tracked down 2 Survivors "Doreen & Tommy Vavasour" who now live in Finglas, Dublin. They were teenage friends living in the North Strand area during the war, and later married. They agreed to be interviewed, and although a dying microphone battery affected the level of 'hiss' it's listneable, and gives a good insight into events on the night.

It's podcast, and you can have a listen to an edited down version by clicking HERE :)

enjoy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

That link doesnt work for me - Is there a regular .mp3 of it online I can download ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

thats odd??

i just tried it again and it's fine ? pm me if it still doesn't work, or you can find it on liveireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Morlar wrote: »
    That link doesnt work for me - Is there a regular .mp3 of it online I can download ?

i was just thinking Morlar, that link opens in QuickTime so you'll need to install QuickTime player on your machine.

Advertisement