Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is better?aldi or lidl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

The Aldi one is obviously higher spec but I would recommend the Targa for build quality. If it was me I would prefer 4 GB of RAM. I wouldn't care about the disk space. Can't speak for the graphics card. I'm not a gamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MrParanoid

Go for the LG monitor from ebuyer and the Aldi pc, build quality ; who cares :D but the aldi one is better in all ways, prob also vid card as the lidl one does not specify what type it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

MrParanoid wrote: »
    Go for the LG monitor from ebuyer and the Aldi pc, build quality ; who cares :D but the aldi one is better in all ways, prob also vid card as the lidl one does not specify what type it is.

I guess you're right about the build quality not being important with a desktop. The components are the most important. My experience of Targa is with a laptop and I think build quality is very important there. It's lasted longer than Dells and Toshibas that I've had and it's had more than it's fair share of abuse.

I have a Medion LCD monitor, scanner and wireless keyboard/mouse. I've had problems with each item. I wouldn't recommend them although I still use them (apart from the scanner).

To conclude, I probably should have just said "the quality".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Aldi one is way better for games. The Lidl one specifies 'Nvidia DDRII' graphics card - any card using DDR2 is going to be a budget piece, at absolute best it could be a 9500GT, which is less then half the speed of the 9600GT in the Alidi machine - in reality it could be something like an ancient 8500GT, which is about 15% the speed of the 9600GT!

Advertisement