Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

theory test for class c

Options
  • 25-11-2008 7:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

does anyone know if there is any website where i can learn for the theory test for trucks class c ?
    thx
    Ron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

There are no websites which have any of the theory tests online.

From Dáil Éireann - Volume 538 - 14 June, 2001
    Written Answers. - Driving Theory Test.

Dail Eireann - Volume 538 - 14 June, 2001
    Written Answers. - Driving Theory Test.

Mr. Perry
    105. Mr. Perry asked the Minister for the Environment and Local Government if he will give permission to a person (details supplied) in County Sligo to use the questions and answers from the official driver theory book on his website; if his Department has received his request; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17547/01]

Mr. Molloy
    Minister of State at the Department of the Environment and Local Government (Mr. Molloy): My Department is not in a position to grant this request as the contract for the driver theory testing service grants an exclusive licence to the contractors involved to publish and distribute this question bank..

I checked with Prometric few months back and they confirmed that no website has been authorised to publish any of the questions.

If you have a moment, you should visit Road Safety Authority and advise them that having the theory test question bank online would help to promote road safety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ron121

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

just get the cd and do it a few times, imo its easy i was in and out in 5 mins for truck and bus and got 40 in each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ron121

thx 4 ur answer,
    i need a cd name
    i understand its class A for heavy trucks right?
    thx again

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ron121 wrote: »
    for trucks class c ?
    ron121 wrote: »
    i understand its class A for heavy trucks
    We use 'categories' rather than the outdated 'class' system.

In simple terms: C for rigid trucks and EC for articulated trucks.

The Theory Test Certificate Category C covers all truck categories.

Truck licences are now divided into 4 categories:

C - all rigid trucks.

C1 - rigid trucks with a DGVW of 7,500kgs or less.

EC - all articulated trucks (i.e. any truck pulling a trailer but usually a tractor unit drawing a semi-trailer or a 'drag outfit' - a large rigid truck drawing a trailer).

EC1 - any rigid truck drawing a trailer with a DGVW of 12,000kgs or less.

• Advertisement
Advertisement