Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merc repair

Options
  • 25-11-2008 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I've an 05 E200K (imported last year) it needs a service and the engine light is flashing???

I took it to my local mechanic and he put it on some sort of scanner for a few minutes, but he cant get any further with it.

Can anybody recommend a decent MB garage in the Wicklow/South Dublin area, I want to get a service (want to keep the FSH - first two stamped from UK Dealer) and have the engine light looked at.

What should I pay?

Any advice?

thanks,

Tonto.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 cowenstaff

MSL Pottery Road - ask for Jimmy. agree price beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

I reckon " you pay Big Money " :eek: Now that they dont sell no cars no more !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I wouldn't go anywhere near MSL Pottery Rd, they're as expensive as they are incompetent. I used to bring an older Mercedes I had to ISA Autos on Brookfield Tce, Blackrock, I found them to be both good and reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Chances are, with the engine management light up you'll have to bring it into an MB dealer. It's more than likely it will need to be run thru a Merc Diagnostics computer to solve it, if your local mechanic couldnt fix it.

MSL are ok to deal with. Belgard are not too bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tontooreilly

Anan1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go anywhere near MSL Pottery Rd, they're as expensive as they are incompetent. I used to bring an older Mercedes I had to ISA Autos on Brookfield Tce, Blackrock, I found them to be both good and reasonably priced.

Can they fix my engine light??? gettin worried now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Can they fix my engine light??? gettin worried now
    Maybe give them a call, have a chat about it? I think the guy's name is Niall, 01 2883914. As I say, I found them very helpful - if they can't help, i'm sure they could at least point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

alo Kavanaghs up at Beacon Court aren't bad either. Any MB main dealer is going to be expensive

Advertisement