Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone website misleading?

• 25-11-2008 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of switching to Vodafone at Home and also switch to their mobile service from O2.

The Vodafone website says:
    Free Calls and Texts
    If you’re a talker or a texter or like mixing it up, this offer is perfect for you
    You’ll now get Free Calls and Texts to all Vodafone customers all day, every day for life! Just sign up before the 31st of January 2009 and then Top up by €20 or more in one go every 30 days to avail of this offer.

If I have Vodafone at home phone service, I assumed this would be included in "ALL vodafone customers" which I can call for free from my mobile when on the free calls and texts plan....but not according to the sales agent I just talked to. Anyone know if he was correct in saying vodafone landlines are not included in the offer?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

well it does say topup. I presume you cant top up vodafone at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I mean if I topup my mobile by €20 then I can call ALL vodafone customers for free for 30 days from my mobile.
    BUT apparently this does not include Vodafone At Home customers which you will be charged for calling from your mobile even though they say you are free to ALL Vod customers.

It is nothing major but it seems that their website should say the following to as the current offer description is misleading if what the sales agent says is correct.:

"You’ll now get Free Calls and Texts to all Vodafone MOBILE customers all day..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I imagine it doesn't even include all of the mobile customers, only prepaid ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

No I'd say you can still ring Vodafone bill-pay customers for free but landlines are a different kettle of fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Dr. Dodger wrote: »
    No I'd say you can still ring Vodafone bill-pay customers for free but landlines are a different kettle of fish.

Yeah its any vodafone number you can ring, ready to go or bill phone it dont matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

From the terms on their website:
    This Offer applies to all Vodafone ROI to Vodafone ROI standard calls, video calls and texts only and excludes the following:

* MMS or any other types of messaging medium apart from standard SMS
    * Premium SMS messages to short codes
    * International Text
    * Texts to Landline
    * Roaming
    * Text messages to mobiles on networks other than Vodafone
    * Fixed line calls
    * International Calls
    * Roaming
    * Calls to Directory enquiry, premium rate numbers, WAP, ISP or mISP numbers
    * Calls to mobiles on networks other than Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Saw those terms but seeing as you get free calls to (3) vodafone mobiles from a vodafone landline, I was wondering if the same applied from the mobile.

Anyway, not bothered really, but "false"/misleading advertising gets on my tits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

The Vodafone website is full of False and Misleading info. Their 'special upgrade price' that I'm now eligible for doesn't actually exist. According to their customer service there is no upgrade price so new and existing customers pay the same price!

Advertisement