Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dim headlight question

Options
  • 25-11-2008 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question but ...

1 of my headlights is dimmer then the other.. Is it just a new blub i need ? or is it something wrong with the electrics?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

It sounds like its the headlight bulb is gone and the sidelight is on instead. Go to a motor factors they'll fix it for you probably! I know halfords will for a small charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

put in a new bulb of the same wattage as the good side

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Make sure you buy the correct bulb. Do not be fooled into buying an Ice White, Cool Blue or anything similar because you will want it to match your existing halogen.

I did a fact finding mission into Halfords last Thursday about bulbs. They were selling "racing bulbs" 100watt purely illegal on street legal cars and 1 bulb(not a pair) was €29. It was halfords branded so thats daylight robbery.

You should be able to pick up a standard halogen for your car for around €5-7 for a single bulb.

Stick with your local motor factors.

55w bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If however the new bulb doesn't fix the problem, then have a good look at all the wires going to and from the headlamp. You might have some bad contact issues there.

If you're lucky, a good clean of the connectors will fix it ...if not you will have to get an electrician to investigate.

Advertisement