Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubbing in Edinburgh

• 25-11-2008 10:31am

Any recommendations.

Any dance genre, preferably more middle of the road stuff (even chessy trance) as going on a stag with about 20 more who have little interest in dance and so, even though I might love minimal techno, they could easily walk out and head to some Scottish equivalent of Copperface Jax.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pf85

The last time I was there we went to a good nightclub I think it was called Lava Ignite?? 3 Floors- Dance / Rnb / Cheesy! Id recommend it..

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Cabaret Voltaire is really good if you can drag them along. I've been twice and had a great night the first time, and an ok 2nd - the 2nd time I was a little wiped out lets say and don't remember much - not the venue at fault though!

http://www.thecabaretvoltaire.com/subindex.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Yup Lava Ignite, it has one room playing chart, another lounge room and then a room playing stuff like chicane, planet funk and the like, its probably the best of a bad bunch, cant imagine Edinburgh having a mad techno heads venue.......

Went to that Lava and Ignite one night, thanks for the recommendation. Not great, only charty pop dance stuff, but at least it meant the crowd I was with could hit the floor too. Following night ended up in some place called Dropkick Murphys...thank Christ I was rotten because the band sounded like some Pogues/Madness crossover thing that wouldn't be my idea of good.

Advertisement