Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mother Allowance Or Children Allowance

• 25-11-2008 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi everybody,
    I'd like to ask some opinions here as I read a lot of documentation on citizens.ie and social welfare web site but still unclear to me what to do:

I'm a foreign national but I work here (and always paid taxex, rent and so on, no criminal record ...)since 1998.
    My wife's Irish and we've 2 children born here and married for 12 years.

Since I pay for everything from bills to shopping I asked my wife what about kids allowance & that i need some help (I have to budget everything to arrive at end of the month). Things are not great between (but that's another story) us as she's blaming me to work to much so when on WE I'm shattered she thinks I'm boring and there she goes out with the girls drinking waaay to much and God knows what.
    I know a lot of people think I'm a fool but I love my children so much, I try to avoid fights and keep it quite as much as I can..this is going on for last 3 years!!!
    Since she's not working Obviously to go out she spends Children allowance and I'm not sure but she should have some other Social Income...
    When I called the Social welfare to understand why we cannot use the money for the family they told me that even if we're married normally the full amount goes to the mother and that they couldn't give me any more info so quite rudly hung the phone, think was a Letterkenny number...
    Could someone tell me if by their own experience have a similar situation and how to face it, keeping in mind that my wife told me I'n not entitled to that money and she wouldn't give me a penny?
    Some friend told me I should stop paying rent & bills and put my foot down, but I believe is the wrong way as don't want problem with ESB and not fair to landlord who's a great person!
    Please give me a hint.
    Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Traditionally the CB is paid to the mother, unless the Dad is the sole carer for the children.

As to the rest of your query, its not really a state benefits issue and maybe there is another section here that you could post for advice on how to handle the situation?

Advertisement